2010 Free Dining FAQ and Questions Thread

quick question (sorry if it's previously asked): with the free dining package, the dining plan is per night of stay correct? So if I book for 5 nights, I would get the dining plan for 5 days? Even if say I bought 6 day ticket? I've read conflicting things, I just wanted some clarification. Thanks!

quick question (sorry if it's previously asked): with the free dining package, the dining plan is per night of stay correct? So if I book for 5 nights, I would get the dining plan for 5 days? Even if say I bought 6 day ticket? I've read conflicting things, I just wanted some clarification. Thanks!
Yes, you're correct, it's per night.

From: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010Dining.pdf

Number of Meals During Your Package Stay

The Disney Dining Plan includes one (1) Quick Service Meal, one (1)
Snack, and one (1) Table Service Meal per person, per night of your
package stay for everyone in the party ages 3 and over.

The fall free dining offer was not "extended" last year. A totally separate free dining code and offer came out for October - mid December dates in late summer 2009.

I was able to do this last year (also a Disney Visa card holder). Anyone know if they may repeat these dates this year, as that is a slower time of year?

Has FD closed out for Pop? I just plugged in 8/25 thru 8/30 for Pop Preferred with 6 day PH+H2O and quoted $2002.46...added QS dining and quoted $2642.26. CSR with the same was $2461.16 with Dining or without....uh oh, now CSR with dining shot up to $3300.98...did I just lose CSR FD too?

Has FD closed out for Pop? I just plugged in 8/25 thru 8/30 for Pop Preferred with 6 day PH+H2O and quoted $2002.46...added QS dining and quoted $2642.26. CSR with the same was $2461.16 with Dining or without....uh oh, now CSR with dining shot up to $3300.98...did I just lose CSR FD too?
I assume you linked through the FD offer on the WDW booking page here?

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....mo&promotionCode=fy10q4dine&market=fy10q4dine

If so, those dates may be sold-out with FD. You could instead try using a room-only discount here:

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....CMP=WDW_Homepage_FY10Q3ChoiceGenericOfferTile

I assume you linked through the FD offer on the WDW booking page here?

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....mo&promotionCode=fy10q4dine&market=fy10q4dine

If so, those dates may be sold-out with FD. You could instead try using a room-only discount here:

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....CMP=WDW_Homepage_FY10Q3ChoiceGenericOfferTile

Yup, used the Special Offers entry to booking and found nothing. We're already booked with FD for last week of Aug. Looked again this AM, first time through only availability for values was ASMu with FD and the ALTERNATE OFFER window only suggested ASMo no FD, or CBR with FD. Used the edit and selected Pop and then FD came up under packages.

Sooo, do you have to tinker with the online reservations to make it work or did a room just become available? Hmmm.

I have been checking every day (since I booked the free dining offer on the first day it was posted) just to see how long the room availability would last on this offer.

According to my dates, August 20th to September 3rd, there is still room availability at all the values and most of the moderates and deluxes. I think the only thing to have sold out so far are the family suites at All Star Music as well as Coronado Springs.

Make sure that you select "special offers" first under Vacation Packages and then select "free dining" option before checking for dates and resort availability.

I've gotten the Monster's INC code, but can't use it because I'm a teacher, but just got ANOTHER email code that gives me 30% off value, 35% off moderate, and 40% off deluxe Anytime 7/21- 10/7. :banana:We'd be planning on August 15-22. That's the beginning of the free dining window. Can you do BOTH? :confused3 I want to take advantage of the dining and the pin code (and purchasing the reg price park tix of course). That's the only way I'd consider it at this point- really not worth it otherwise, money is tight!

I've gotten the Monster's INC code, but can't use it because I'm a teacher, but just got ANOTHER email code that gives me 30% off value, 35% off moderate, and 40% off deluxe Anytime 7/21- 10/7. :banana:We'd be planning on August 15-22. That's the beginning of the free dining window. Can you do BOTH? :confused3 I want to take advantage of the dining and the pin code (and purchasing the reg price park tix of course). That's the only way I'd consider it at this point- really not worth it otherwise, money is tight!

Unfortunately you cannot use both (PIN + Free Dining). You can only choose 1 discount.

I am down there about the same time 8/17 - 8/24... I had the 40% in my reservation and changing to the free dining saved me about $150. I have two adults, two juniors (12 and 10) and one child (6). I think it matters how the people / ages / etc. work out.

Hi all
I was just wondering I recieved the free quick service dining plan for our stay at Port Orleans Riverside this July , can this plan be upgraded to the regular dining plan.

Thanks

Ken & Family

I received free Quick Service dining and paid to upgrade it to the Regular dining plan. I just had to pay the difference per day per person.

Does anyone know if there are any Free Dining rooms left at either Pop Century or All Stars for Sept 23 through Oct 4?? I have ressies at POR, but finances aren't looking so great now. Please help. Thanks

Does anyone know if there are any Free Dining rooms left at either Pop Century or All Stars for Sept 23 through Oct 4?? I have ressies at POR, but finances aren't looking so great now. Please help. Thanks

Things are slim pickins for free dining in the mod catergory. We were at pop but wanted to stay deluxe. SO I booked that but I couldn't bing myslef to spend the extra 1150.00 on a room at the WL. So I went to a moderate.

I checked last night and POR was there water and standard view. I called this am and nothing. So I got the only mod left CBR. I'm still going to see if POR opens up. I check later in the day and the only thing available was CBR pirate room. Glad I called when I did to get my standard room.

My dates are 9/24 to 10/3.

Last year my DW and I were on the DxDDP and got bounce back reservation at CSR from 9/23-10/3.

The actual line in the email reservation says
Coronado Springs - KIL / Magic Your Way Pkg + Free Dine

Assuming we continue to stay in MOD resorts, even with a 40% room discount, the FD seems like a better option. Also, I do a lousy job of watching for promo codes.

Looking ahead and trying to understand our future options. If someone has an Annual Pass when Disney offers their FD promotions do they get stuck having to purchase park tickets in order to get free dining? Does the AP eliminate the need to purchase park tickets?

Thanks.

I just read on one of my yahoo groups that free dining is extended until 12/21, :cool1: if anyone hears of discounts on the rooms good until then let me know please....

Just book my Free Dinning Very excited !!!! :) Can't wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter