2010 Free Dining Discussion-Free Dining released for everyone (see 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was planning to go August 24th to the 30th but am starting to become nervous on booking! I am afraid they will not offer any deals. Does anyone have any advice for me on what to do. It is also my first time booking the trip on my own.

There will certainly be a deal of some kind...probably Free Dining, but certainly a discount or promotion of one kind or another. They wouldn't have three promotions for summer, which is typically more heavily travelled and then not have a promotion during the low season when they need to fill rooms.

Since we can still book the summer promotions until April 20-something, I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Have you subscribed to www.mousesavers.com? They have a newsletter that comes out on the 15th of each month and it lists Disney promotions. It's very reputable. If free dining is released, they'll probably send out an extra "Hot Deals Announcement".

I also subscribed to a Disney "Free Dining Alert" list at http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/freedining.php They only send out information relating to free dining promotions so you get a few emails a year. I've been on that list for a couple of years and have always received information the same day the promotion was released.

Yes, I'm subscribed to two good lists with a proven track-records and I hover on this forum for news and rumors. It's obsessive-compulsive bahavior but there aren't many pots on this thread who can call me a black kettle!:)

We are booked from 8/31 to 9/8 at SS Treehouse villas with the 40% PIN. I wonder if the free dining would be a better discount than 40% off at this resort? There are 3 adults, 3 teens (13 and 14 and 14) and a 4 year old?

We were thinking if FD is offered we would drop the 40% PIN and upgrade to Deluxe dining.
Any words of wisdom from someone who knows the numbers?
:teacher:

Is the %40 off room only? I know when I price the values w/ 20% off room only I end up paying more than versus the free dining offer :(

Sorry, no cheating. You'll have to begin at the beginning. :rotfl2:

:lmao:That's so funny! *sarcasm*

No really! I want to know what everyone thinks! I've actually been following this thread for at least the last 30 pages. But since nothing got released last Monday it seems the thread has kind of turned into whether or not anyone is going without FD. I just want to know what everyone's opinion is. Either way, DH and I have a trip planned for September. It would help out if they do offer FD. It can be so expensive to eat at Disney.

I was able to change my dates from bounceback, last week. They may have to transfer you to a higher level cm but it should be able to be done. Call back

We also changed our dates with no problem... and added 7 days. That shouldn't be a problem. Maybe if someone is booked in AB at POR they might have some trouble, as there just aren't that many 5 person rooms. :confused3 But other than that I can't imagine them being that full.

pixiedust:

No really! I want to know what everyone thinks! I've actually been following this thread for at least the last 30 pages. But since nothing got released last Monday it seems the thread has kind of turned into whether or not anyone is going without FD. I just want to know what everyone's opinion is. Either way, DH and I have a trip planned for September. It would help out if they do offer FD. It can be so expensive to eat at Disney.

IMO, (not that my opinion is official or anything), I 100% believe there will be free dining. And, IMHO, I 80% believe that it will be QSDP at the values this year (as now that they have many people "hooked" on TS they know many people [notice I didn't say all ;)] will just pay to upgrade). But these are just my observations from the multiple threads on free dining being released, being aware of the offers that are released throughout the year, and my gut feeling :). Take that for what it's worth (not much ;) ).

You can book now, and then cancel later if they don't offer any deals. You only have to pay a $200 deposit which is fully refundable if you cancel at least 2 weeks in advance I think (I could be wrong on the 2 wks though). You will definitely know about any deals before that time period approaches.

Thank you for ur input! I think my best advice would be to book and put the 200 down. I want to go no matter what but would really prefer a deal!!

There will certainly be a deal of some kind...probably Free Dining, but certainly a discount or promotion of one kind or another. They wouldn't have three promotions for summer, which is typically more heavily travelled and then not have a promotion during the low season when they need to fill rooms.

Since we can still book the summer promotions until April 20-something, I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Have you subscribed to www.mousesavers.com? They have a newsletter that comes out on the 15th of each month and it lists Disney promotions. It's very reputable. If free dining is released, they'll probably send out an extra "Hot Deals Announcement".

I also subscribed to a Disney "Free Dining Alert" list at http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/freedining.php They only send out information relating to free dining promotions so you get a few emails a year. I've been on that list for a couple of years and have always received information the same day the promotion was released.

Yes, I'm subscribed to two good lists with a proven track-records and I hover on this forum for news and rumors. It's obsessive-compulsive bahavior but there aren't many pots on this thread who can call me a black kettle!:)
Wow! Thank you! I am on mousesavers. However I am going to sign up for the alert as well! I appreciate all the advice! I am new to booking on my own and just a tad nervous!

:lmao:That's so funny! *sarcasm*

no one really knows for sure. I think most people agree they think there will be a promotion, and most likely free dining (possibly QSDP for value and DDP for deluxe)... but no one is sure when it will be announced. Possibly towards the end of April or maybe any day?

I have been watching this thread like everyone else going in these time frames!lol

But my question is if they do offer fd and the quick service to the values can you still upgrade to deluxe dining and not just the basic dining?

I have been watching this thread like everyone else going in these time frames!lol

But my question is if they do offer fd and the quick service to the values can you still upgrade to deluxe dining and not just the regular dining?

it is my understanding that you can upgrade for $10 a day per person to the DDP.

We are booked from 8/31 to 9/8 at SS Treehouse villas with the 40% PIN. I wonder if the free dining would be a better discount than 40% off at this resort? There are 3 adults, 3 teens (13 and 14 and 14) and a 4 year old?

We were thinking if FD is offered we would drop the 40% PIN and upgrade to Deluxe dining.
Any words of wisdom from someone who knows the numbers?
:teacher:

If FD does come out and the Treehouses are allowed as a Resort with this offer then you would save $262.00 per night. So if that amount is more than your 40% off than yes FD would be a better deal. But, you still have to take into consideration the cost of the tips. Come on Free Dining!!!

Got in trouble today at work for going on the internet to check on disboards for free dining :rolleyes1. Don't they understand lol. Oh well. I can't be good all the time :rolleyes:.

I booked bounceback while at Disney last year. We are booked from Sept 17 to October 3 at POR>
I tried to change our dates but the CM said most of the resorts are booked up in September.
Since so many of the dates are already booked up with bounceback offers and others hoping for free dining Disney may not feel the need to offer FD this year.
JMHO

The CM we talked to when we booked 2 weeks ago told us the resorts were pretty empty. :confused3

I am really surprised that Disney isn't being more aggressive with promotions. With HP opening up at Universal, I would have thought that Disney would be doing anything and everything to lure people to WDW? :confused3 And now, there are rumors that FD won't be announced until much later. Very interesting moves by Disney.

The recent pin code running through Aug. 14th is for free quick dining plan at all levels.
I would think that is what will be offered.
Last year they extended free dining with codes through almost the end of the year.
I think in past years it was announced more like around the 10th 0f April....
Maybe next Monday .... :confused3

I looked at an old receipt I had saved from last year. My sister, niece and I were going in September for the free dining. Our receipt was marked April 14. I know we probably booked within a few days of learning of the free dining.
Here is part of it. It should come out real soon if they follow what they did last year.

DATE: 04/12/2009

09/23/2009
09/28/2009
POP CENTURY CLSSC- RYH / MAGIC YOUR WAY PKG + FREE DINE

Last year VC holders were able to reserve on a Thursday and public Monday. The previous 2 years it was Monday and Thursday. I will go even without free dining but won't stay on property. The only reason I have stayed on property was for the free dining. We drive so transportation to parks is not an issue. So I am giving it till next Monday for something to happen or I will make other arrangements. I can't wait any longer, I have to ask for my vacation from work or I won't get the time I want.

For people who do not frequent these boards and are not obessed like we are time will be tight if Disney does not release the new promotion soon. For people looking to go late August air prices will be rising and some people will decide to just book a sure thing rather than speculate what Disney might do. I know we got an amazing deal on flights but now they have gone way up, to a point where we would not be able to go had we waited. I guess it is good for those of us who will go anyway, no crowds!!

Ive never done this last min vacation planning. We always book a year before. :) For those who have booked with in 6 months of their vacation days, when do airline price start going up? Is it best to book so many months before? I know from our area, there are never any last min deals to Orlando, so no need to wait for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter