2010 Free Dining Discussion-Free Dining released for everyone (see 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....nothing is out yet. And it appears that if the do announce FD, it will be much later then usual. :scared1::scared1:

I am staying glued!:surfweb:

Well....nothing is out yet. And it appears that if the do announce FD, it will be much later then usual. :scared1::scared1:

I am staying glued!:surfweb:

No, if it is announced next week, that would NOT be later than normal. That would be right about normal.

If it had been announced this week, it would have been much earlier than normal.

Remember this is a holiday weekend. Lots of people are off for Good Friday and Easter. I cannot imagine a big promotion - one requiring a huge amount of staff to man the phone lines - ever being released on a holiday weekend.

I'm going to try to bring a positive to the group. :)

The longer they delay the announcement of free dining, the more points we get to rack up on our Disney Visas! So when they DO release the awesome deal that they're going to release, it is going to cost everyone EVEN LESS because you had a whole extra month to get those DDRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying here :) :) :)

A couple of people at work got postcards with free dining deals. They are not Disney card holders. One threw it out :scared1: Can anyone use those cards?

A couple of people at work got postcards with free dining deals. They are not Disney card holders. One threw it out :scared1: Can anyone use those cards?

My friend got three of these...for 3 different families (all who she's been to Disney with) but all at her address. Each one had a different PIN on it, so I'm going to assume that the postcards are similar to the emails, where the PIN is non-transferable. Would be nice though...

My friend got three of these...for 3 different families (all who she's been to Disney with) but all at her address. Each one had a different PIN on it, so I'm going to assume that the postcards are similar to the emails, where the PIN is non-transferable. Would be nice though...

I know people that have had this happen and they DO get to use them 'cause they were sent to their address. If it is your OWN address Disney will let you apply it.

Hi! I've been glued to this thread for days and days. Just wanted to get myself subscribed to the thread. I've actually started having dreams about FD!:rotfl:

Not a big poster here but read the board frequently. It was a huge help to us when we went for the first time last year.

My wife discussed going back if they offered FD this year so we have been reading and waiting with the rest of you.

But last night I thought I would take a flier and call WDW and ask about dates and availability. While talking to the CM on the phone I mentioned I didn't want to book right now but wanted to wait and see if FD would be available.
she told me I didn't have to wait. I could book the regular package now and then call back in a few weeks and then apply the FD promotion.

That caught my attention. I said "So FD will be offered in a few weeks?" She then caught herself and said, "Well, if it is offered."

Not sure what all that means, whether she knows it's coming in "A few weeks" and she didn't want to get in trouble so she covered her tracks or she just meant "If it was offered."

So take it for what it's worth. My wife wouldn't let me book it unless we knew for sure.

Hi! I've been glued to this thread for days and days. Just wanted to get myself subscribed to the thread. I've actually started having dreams about FD!:rotfl:

:welcome: to the Dis!

You can always subscribe to a thread by posting, but you don't have to.

You can also subscribe by clicking Thread Tools and Subscribe (near the top of the page) :goodvibes

Yep! I've been glued to this thread and the many others like it! :rotfl: On one hand, I feel pretty pathetic! On the other hand, I just can't stop checking. I'm so excited to go to Disney if this promo comes out. If something just as good (room promo, 4/3. etc), I still might get to go. If they do a promo that doesn't apply to me or a minimum promo, my friend and I might have to rethink our trip or put it off so we can save more. :sad2:

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: to all!

I guess being obsessed over Disney FD isn't as bad as other things I could be obsessing over! :rolleyes:

Not a big poster here but read the board frequently. It was a huge help to us when we went for the first time last year.

My wife discussed going back if they offered FD this year so we have been reading and waiting with the rest of you.

But last night I thought I would take a flier and call WDW and ask about dates and availability. While talking to the CM on the phone I mentioned I didn't want to book right now but wanted to wait and see if FD would be available.
she told me I didn't have to wait. I could book the regular package now and then call back in a few weeks and then apply the FD promotion.

That caught my attention. I said "So FD will be offered in a few weeks?" She then caught herself and said, "Well, if it is offered."

Not sure what all that means, whether she knows it's coming in "A few weeks" and she didn't want to get in trouble so she covered her tracks or she just meant "If it was offered."

So take it for what it's worth. My wife wouldn't let me book it unless we knew for sure.

I would LOVE:love: to believe the CM's but sometimes they are clueless. They are probably figuring it will be offered and are just trying to get people to book. I think they tell you whatever you want to hear. I was told last time that Raglan Road has entertainment at 6pm...which I knew was not true since it doesn't start til 9...they have NO clue(most of them anyways)...Some may have an idea...I would think if you are looking at a schedule and see more people working than usual that may give you a clue that a promo is coming out, but I doubt they know which one. With a FD promo the lines are pretty busy!
I hope it comes out soon though! My Uncle and his DD4 are coming this time with us(along with my 'rents) and they have never been...she is SO excited!

I know people that have had this happen and they DO get to use them 'cause they were sent to their address. If it is your OWN address Disney will let you apply it.

I've heard that too. My friend did get one w/ her last name, as well as the others she's traveled with. She won't be using it...but at least she GOT a PIN! I'm so jealous! LOL She got them last week, but they were for QSDP until July 3, 2010 only...not even 8/14!

Most definitely though, if someone from work got it, you would not be able to use theirs.

Okay, this may be a dumb question but I have to ask. We are going October 17-24th with the DxDP. I know it includes 3 meals and two snacks, but are any of those meals defined? (i.e. one of the meals is quick service, one counter service, and one is a table service? Or could I use all three for table service? Or all three for quick service?) Help! :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter