**2010** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED 11/14. 2011 FESTIVAL 9/30-11/13

That's why we are all so lucky to have the DISboarders on our side! Congrats to this site and all who give out the correct iformation.:cheer2:

Because of you all, I have the Food and Wine Festival events and deminars I wanted booked...I have my Candlelght Processional package booked with everything I wanted...I am taking a cruise with the Chip 'n Dale Cruisin' Nuts..and I can get all my questions answered correctly and make friends at the same time...Yeah, DISboards!!!:worship:

By the way - HI....I'm a ChipNDale nut as well.

I know! Right?! :confused3

:thumbsup2 ITA about the Classic being awesome! (For all the reasons you gave...) I am now signed up for the Friday Mixology class, unless I get into the 2nd Saturday Mixology Class.... :rolleyes1 Sake did sound interesting though...description mentioned pairing with food (I think?) popcorn::

We are signed up for Bubbles - my fav!

No luck here either--and now it's 9:35. Unable to book online, I called the 407-FEST line and was told that no one other than TIW/AP members can register in advance; registration will be only "day of" attendance. Hope that's not true!

One thing is for certain: this event is run very badly. I can understand having to wait until close to the date to know what the deminars are (for Disney has to confirm with the presenters). But there's no excuse for this "yes you can book/no you can't" confusion. And contradictory info online as well as on the phone.

Disney is usually run so well. F&W fest is the exception. They really should clamp down on the semi-competent managers/directors in charge of the event. No excuse for these continuing and widespread problems that cause such frustration among F&W attendees.

If it makes you feel better (or worse?), the whole Candlelight Processional package booking thing has been a fiasco too. The special events staff at Epcot really ought to up their game.

Have 2 tickets to see a culinary demo with Jamie Deen on Sat. Oct. 16 at 3PM. Unfortunately we are booked for something else at that time. Does anyone have 2 tickets for 1PM they want to trade? Please......:)

Just received this in an email...

"When attending the festival, be sure to pick up a Marketplace Discovery Passport. It's a fun new way to track your culinary travels by collecting unique stamps from each of the festival marketplaces, and it makes for a cool (and complimentary!) scrapbook souvenir. Plus, it's presented by Disney Vacation Club, which makes it that much cooler."

Has anyone heard anything else about this? Like where we might pick it up? Is it really complimentary?

TIA

Yes, that information has been out since the TIW event preview. It's really just a checklist of the booths so I would not be surprised if it is actually complimentary. Personally I hope it doesn't take a whole lot of time for the CMs to stamp them while I'm waiting in line. Not exactly thrilled if my DVC dues are going toward providing these though. I guess it's from their marketing and advertising division.

If it makes you feel better (or worse?), the whole Candlelight Processional package booking thing has been a fiasco too. The special events staff at Epcot really ought to up their game.

Off topice - but I could not resist - Been there - done that as well. Eventually it worked out.

I think Disney stole our idea. We printed out a spreadsheet and marked everything we ate and drank on it and rated them. Then last year, we asked the chefs at each booth we visited to sign our program. They were thrilled!
I'm sure you can get this Passport at the Festival Center, which is in the old Wonders of Life building, near the Universe of Energy. That's where all the demos are being held.
We LOVE the Food & Wine Festival! This is our 7th year.:goodvibes

I think Disney stole our idea. We printed out a spreadsheet and marked everything we ate and drank on it and rated them. Then last year, we asked the chefs at each booth we visited to sign our program. They were thrilled!
I'm sure you can get this Passport at the Festival Center, which is in the old Wonders of Life building, near the Universe of Energy. That's where all the demos are being held.

This is our second year and we feel in LOVE with it last year! :goodvibes

Thanks for giving them the idea!

Quite a few people made their own rating cards over the years, so I'm not surprised that Disney started making a Passport. One of the festival regulars here, ADISneyFamily, made some really nice ones, but I found that I didn't have a good system keeping them organized.

I may or may not do the Passport thing. Haven't decided yet.

I don't know that this really contains any new info, but here's a post from the Disney Parks Blog on the First Bites event.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/08/big-tastes-at-first-bites/

At least it gives a little more information as to what exactly to expect at the event. I enjoyed reading the comments, though, particularly the person who said they were told (apparently in error) that the event was sold out. It must be nowhere near capacity if Ms. Brandon has to pimp it in the blog. Maybe my parents and I will be the only guests at the event?

I had no problem booking so I am guessing there was no mad rush. It just sounded like a lot of fun and interesting activities, even if some of it doesn't work out. Hope to see you there! :banana:

It took me 3 calls to get the correct info!!
1st call: they were sold out
2nd call: operator had no idea what first bites was
3rd call: operator helpful with booking

It took me 3 calls to get the correct info!!
1st call: they were sold out
2nd call: operator had no idea what first bites was
3rd call: operator helpful with booking

Glad in the end it worked out for you, I know it is frustrating.....:surfweb:

Hey all

I just finished making my Food & Wine Festival ratings cards. I got the idea from someone else on the Boards last year - he was nice enough to send me what he'd done. But his printed out 6 to a page of paper, you had to manually cut them apart, and then no good way to reinforce them or anything.

So last year, and this year, I've converted the information so it will print on standard 3" x 5" index cards that run through the printer (I use Avery 5388, 3 cards to a page). The document to print out the cards is in Microsoft Word 2003.

The Index cards are much thicker and easier to deal with than just printer paper - and everything is all one size. Once they are printed, I simply clamp them in a corner with a binder clip.

There is 1 Index Card for each kiosk/country. Each card lists the Country, number from the map, lists all of the food and beverages available, and each food/beverage line has a ratings area, 1-5, to let you rate what you liked and didn't like.

You can see a sample card on my blog.

I'll also bring my cards from last year, so we can see what we liked and didn't like last year. I'm bringing 3 sets, one for DH and I, one for Mom & Dad, and one for Brother and family who are also coming.

If anyone would like me to email them the MS Word document so you can print and use these cards, please send me a PM.

I hope this is helpful for everyone!

Great rating cards Jill ... quite a lot of work went into those babies! Enjoy the F&WF!

okay...so quick questions for my food and wine peeps. This applies to both newbies and veterans....

1. What is the one food/beverage you are looking forward to this year?

2. For those of you that have been before, what's on the menu this year that you absolutely loved last year?

3. What event are you most looking forward to this year?

4. Are there any booths that hold no appeal for you this year...and why?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter