**2010** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED 11/14. 2011 FESTIVAL 9/30-11/13

Ok, I will google this as well and find out about it too but can someone give me a quick answer. I know it's rude but I don't have time to read through 81 pages. How much does this cost? Thanks :)

How much does what cost? There's a lot to choose from for that question. If you want to know if there is admission for the festival in general, you can get access the festival with just your Epcot admission, but you need to pay extra for the goodies. Almost all the food and drinks available from the World Showcase kiosks, special events, and seminars and demonstrations at the Festival Center have their own individual cost and that cost varies widely.

You can use the links in the first post to access information about this and past festivals if you don't wish to read the thread.

Oh Ok, so they have little kiosks set up with yummy food and you have to pay. Sounds fun. I will read those links shortly to learn more, I just was in the middle of cleaning up the kids from a run through the sprinkler. It was over 100 today!!!

I have to admit I'm not into food & wine events, I guess cause I'm picky but I clicked this thread and then read some of the foods available and then I was like WOAH! I need to know more about this! Luckily we will be in Disney during this time. I can't wait to show this to my husband who looooooovvveeesss to eat!

Kiosk food costs around between $3 - $8 per sample. Some wines might be higher for a tasting portion.

I just received the following from one of the Jiko managers. Since there is some info on the F&W Jiko dinner, I thought I'd share:

Cherished Friends-

I trust that all of you are having a wonderful summer so far.

Things have been busy at Jiko, new menu items, new wines and most importantly we have welcomed a new chef to our team.

I want to take this opportunity to let you know that Chef Dennis Thompson has come back home to Jiko!

Dennis has been a chef with Disney for the past 13 years. He has worked in various locations that include; The Biergarten Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse,

Coral Reef, Jiko in 2003-2006 and most recently he worked at the California Grill.

Dennis brings many years of experience with him before beginning at the Walt Disney World Resort and he has already added some delicious new treats to our menu. Welcome Home Dennis!

We do have a few wine dinners coming up that I would also like to let you know about.

On September 16th we will be hosting Tymen Bouma from the Anura Winery as he takes us on a journey through his wines.

October 7th we will host Marc Kent with Boekenhoutskloof Winery and on November 4th we will be hosting the Delheim Winery.

If you are interested in booking the September or November dinner, please just send me an email back and I can add you to our guest list. The October dinner is being booked through our Food and Wine team unless you have already spoken to me about joining, I have you on the list.

The cost per person of each dinner will be $160.00 which includes tax and gratuity and each dinner will begin at 6:30 with a reception in the Sunset Lounge in the lobby at Jambo House.

Again, many blessings to you and your families this summer and we look forward to hearing from you and seeing you soon!

Has there been an announcement about when they will post the beverage or food seminar speakers? All I see is the general time of things but not who will speak when. They obviously have to put it out before 8/26 but does anyone know when?

I just received the following from one of the Jiko managers. Since there is some info on the F&W Jiko dinner, I thought I'd share:

I want to take this opportunity to let you know that Chef Dennis Thompson has come back home to Jiko!
We do have a few wine dinners coming up that I would also like to let you know about.

On September 16th we will be hosting Tymen Bouma from the Anura Winery as he takes us on a journey through his wines.

October 7th we will host Marc Kent with Boekenhoutskloof Winery and on November 4th we will be hosting the Delheim Winery.

The cost per person of each dinner will be $160.00 which includes tax and gratuity and each dinner will begin at 6:30 with a reception in the Sunset Lounge in the lobby at Jambo House.

That's good to know... maybe this is a good sign for the Signature dinner at Jiko!:thumbsup2

Does anyone recall when the exact schedule is posted for the participating wineries for the seminars?

I believe it was sometime in August, but I am waiting for the info to plan my days spent in Epcot for our Oct. trip.

We really love those festival center food and beverage seminars and the fact you can do early booking with either an AP or TIW card is a big plus!

Does anyone recall when the exact schedule is posted for the participating wineries for the seminars?

I believe it was sometime in August, but I am waiting for the info to plan my days spent in Epcot for our Oct. trip.

We really love those festival center food and beverage seminars and the fact you can do early booking with either an AP or TIW card is a big plus!

We really don't know anything yet. Everyone on this thread is in the same boat as far as being "in the know." We know which wineries and chefs will be at the F&W Festival, but (for the most part) not when or what they will be doing there.

As TDC Nala has said:

When I find out what the link for booking deminars is, I'll put it in the first post. It won't be active for another month. I don't plan to book any, so I'm not going to be looking for it personally, but if someone posts it I'll pick it up.

We were away when bookings opened and had limited phone and email access, but I was happy to see my confirmation email from Polynesion IPO in my in box. We're confirmed for 10/9 PFTS w/wine view :goodvibes

Has there been an announcement about when they will post the beverage or food seminar speakers? All I see is the general time of things but not who will speak when. They obviously have to put it out before 8/26 but does anyone know when?

That's what I'm waiting for too!

Quick question please! We are scheduled to leave on the 30th of Sept. However, I think we'd like to extend in order to do the F&W. What do you all think our chances are for soft opening on the 30th? Or should I extend by two nights?

Quick question please! We are scheduled to leave on the 30th of Sept. However, I think we'd like to extend in order to do the F&W. What do you all think our chances are for soft opening on the 30th? Or should I extend by two nights?

They have routinely done a cast member preview the thursday before the official opening to work out the kinks at each booth. They do not limit it to cast members but they don't advertise it to the public so anyone can walk up to the booths & make a purchase. Since they are having a special dining event on the 30th to preview the food I don't know how this will impact the normal cast member preview at the booths. One day isn't really enough to try all the booth offerings so if you are willing to extend your trip by a couple of days you will probably enjoy it more. Just remember that opening weekend is usually pretty crowded & there are still glitches with the booth registers.

Thank you! I am really on the fence with this. I know we'd enjoy it, but maybe we should skip it this year and plan to come back next year with more time. If I was fairly certain they'd do it on the 30th, I could be pursuaded to add that day.

from his site:chefrockinc

"We are proud to return for this awesome celebration, you have to be there. If you have experienced the Food and Wine Festival , you will know what I mean and I expect to see you there!

I will be at the Party for the Senses on October, 30 and I have a great demonstration scheduled for the following day, October 31."

from his site:chefrockinc

"We are proud to return for this awesome celebration, you have to be there. If you have experienced the Food and Wine Festival , you will know what I mean and I expect to see you there!

I will be at the Party for the Senses on October, 30 and I have a great demonstration scheduled for the following day, October 31."

We were at the last PFTS Rock Harper did and he was a very nice man and made great Lobster Mac and Cheese!!!!!:banana:

Dennis has been a chef with Disney for the past 13 years. He has worked in various locations that include; The Biergarten Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse,

Thanks for posting this! :thumbsup2 Now I'm wondering if the Jiko dinner is sold out?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter