**2010** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED 11/14. 2011 FESTIVAL 9/30-11/13

Does anyone know the reason for the two tier pricing for
the wine and culinary seminars. I asked on the "official blog"
but I have not been answered.

Thanks

I'd also guess that "celebrity chefs" will draw higher prices. There's also a guess that culinary seminars may be higher priced on weekends (we don't know that for sure).

I did not! TiW members should be getting a write up of the special events in the mail soon. Hopefully it will be in there. I'm going to assume that the organizers will correct that mistake on the web site ... soon. If not ... I'm still going to book it! That will confuse the heck out of the poor reservation agents!

But the TiW brochure usually doesn't come until after the events go on sale, at least mine never does. I think one year I got mine about a week before the festival & most events had been long sold out.

Last year Disney had a link to online reservations for the wine and culinary seminars that was open to both holders of TIW and AP cards. You also got an early booking discount.

Has anyone heard if this benefit will be repeated this year?

Noob question: Without themes, will the PFTS food/wine vary from week to week? I'd like to maybe try for 2 weeks', but not if they will be the same.

My Husband and I have done two PFTS that last three years in a row and even when they didn't have the themes the chefs, wines and foods are completely different each week!

OK, so we are embarking on our 1st ever F&W & I am so excited. This will be a quick adult only trip. We are only planning on visiting Epcot (or any park for that matter) on Monday, 11/08.

We unfortunately will not be there for any of the SPECIAL EXPERIENCES, but I noticed that some of the SEMINAR AND DEMONSTRATIONS may (& should be) booked in advance.....beginning August 26th (for TIW, DVC & AP). So would the culinary demos and wine/beverage seminars be those that may be booked ahead? From your experiences, can we do these both back to back. For instance if one begins at noon and the next at 1pm....is this doable? Veterans opinions needed!!!!!

(coming out of lurkerdom) My Disney Vacation Connection widget just came up with a message that there was festival information available (I'm paraphrasing). I clicked on it and the widget opened and there was a little "ad" for the F&W Festival with a link to the site. I'm taking that to mean the site is fully live, but I'm disappointed to see the Taste, Shake, Induge event listed. I really want to do that. Hopefully this is just another Disney mistake on the website.

They always leave something off so hopefully it is just an oversight but they probably won't correct it. Someone already pointed out that there is information listed that is from last year for the food booths. This happens every year. I find it curious that there is nothing about the Sam Adam's Beer tastings. I wonder if they're not having them this year? Also many of the Booths don't have any dessert type item listed and every booth usually has at least 3 food items available including a dessert.

We unfortunately will not be there for any of the SPECIAL EXPERIENCES, but I noticed that some of the SEMINAR AND DEMONSTRATIONS may (& should be) booked in advance.....beginning August 26th (for TIW, DVC & AP). So would the culinary demos and wine/beverage seminars be those that may be booked ahead? From your experiences, can we do these both back to back. For instance if one begins at noon and the next at 1pm....is this doable? Veterans opinions needed!!!!!

I would also like to know when they will announce who is giving the demo's ?

At the Sneak Preview Dinner, Mary Ann Hunnel eluded to John Blazon being the wine coordinator for the V&A dinner. What group is giving the 99 points rating to the wines being served? Wine Spectator, Wine Enthusiast, Robert Parker?

Oh, I'm not sure. I glanced at the Spire web site very briefly. And I'm probably not wine savvy enough to really know the difference, though at least I know of them.

At the Sneak Preview Dinner, Mary Ann Hunnel eluded to John Blazon being the wine coordinator for the V&A dinner. What group is giving the 99 points rating to the wines being served? Wine Spectator, Wine Enthusiast, Robert Parker?

And I also can't say whether or not there will be any 99-point wines at the dinner. I just saw that there were some in the collection. I can hope, right?

As to the Belgium biers...I would LOVE if they could get the best trappist biers in for the event (read not Westmalle and Rochefort) but the monks will never allow it. I would love to have had Chimay, Nogne, or St Bernardus...heck even Lindemuns would have been great.
I don't think it's the monks that would have a problem with it. Disney has purchased those beers before and may serve them at different restaurants.

In 2005, dining at Victoria and Albert's, we were served Chimay (red cap) as the official wine pairing with our wild mushroom soup. It was the best match of the meal. :lovestruc

I don't think it's the monks that would have a problem with it. Disney has purchased those beers before and may serve them at different restaurants.

In 2005, dining at Victoria and Albert's, we were served Chimay (red cap) as the official wine pairing with our wild mushroom soup. It was the best match of the meal. :lovestruc

In March 2010, we had Chimay paired with Lobster Bisque and it was a wonderful pairing! And that is really saying something because I'm not a huge fan of ale or beer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter