2010 Earmarked conference??

dizneydiva2005

<font color=teal>But there were crab legs!!<br><fo
I'm not sure where to post this question....

Does anyone have a clue when and where the 2010 TA earmarked conference will be? I'm trying to make vacation plans- which if it's the same time last year will mess me up!

Thanks!!

Interesting, I watch for all the Cheerleading events so I don't run into crowds in December. But I haven't ever thought about "Disney Conventions"
No one has responded here... hmmm anyone have any idea about this??

Is there going to be another 2011 earmarked conference this hear? Or is the January Dream cruise going to be it for the year? Wasn't sure since there wasn't a 2010 conference!:confused:

Is there going to be another 2011 earmarked conference this hear? Or is the January Dream cruise going to be it for the year? Wasn't sure since there wasn't a 2010 conference!:confused:

The Dream Cruise was it for 2011.

I'm thinking we are going to see something similar to 2011 in 2012....wink... wink.

Any more hints? I am a new TA and it's killing me!:worship:

No, but you should check with your agency to see if you are eligible to go. On the Dream, each agency was limited to 5 staterooms and they went very fast.

When the conference is at WDW or DLR, usually the limit is 10 agents.

The agency owner makes the decision.

Any updates from fellow TA's about 2012 Earmarked Conference? My agency owner mentioned something about March 2012 at WDW but thats about it. Any one know anything else?

What exactly does that mean hmmerr02
Mouseketeer? I have now heard something completely different from agency owner. What I thought it would be to begin with.

I want to say that the conference was either $295 or $349 and additional family in the room was either $29 or $39 a night. I am waiting to book for this year's conference too. Didn't get to attend 2011 on Dream due to room allotment. This is my year and I am excited!!!

To anyone who went or could have went on the 2011 Earmarked Conference Cruise last year, how many guests could you bring per room? I've had conflicting answers(3-guests, 2-guests, no guests), but it may depend on what their travel agency owner allowed. :confused3 Just curious?? I know that these Conferences usually don't allow guests, but from what I can see on other TA's Blogs, some were able to bring family onto the Conference Cruise. This will be my first time to a Conference & I can't wait!! Any info would be great!! Thanks!

To anyone who went or could have went on the 2011 Earmarked Conference Cruise last year, how many guests could you bring per room? I've had conflicting answers(3-guests, 2-guests, no guests), but it may depend on what their travel agency owner allowed. :confused3 Just curious?? I know that these Conferences usually don't allow guests, but from what I can see on other TA's Blogs, some were able to bring family onto the Conference Cruise. This will be my first time to a Conference & I can't wait!! Any info would be great!! Thanks!

Hi PicaTink,
last year Disney allowed us to bring family, friends or other agents. Most agencies got 5 cabins each. It was up to the agency if the agents got to bring family or if they wanted to fill them with other agents. Some cabins had only 2 to a room, and some had 5 in a cabin. But, only the one agent in a room got to participate in the conference though. Like Timon71 said, there was a small charge for others in the room, but I couldn't tell you what it was. I think Timon71 got it close. There is no guarantee that Disney will do the same for the 2012 conference. Having small groups with different family make-ups does help Disney in training. The cast members in the kid clubs need the practice too! So, time will tell. Hope that helps!

I had heard that the announcement was supposed to go out to agency owners yesterday.....anyone hear anything yet?

It did, but room allotment is now based on agency sales from'10-'11. If an agency had 5-rooms last year, it may only be 1-2 this year b/c of the high demand of agents wanting to go! Needless to say, we have some disappointed agents!! :sad:

Agency Owners may have a tougher decision than in years past. Lots of dissapointed agents. and the limits on delegates is the same -- 1 per room. And even the max number of rooms/agency is not guaranteed...more of a first come first serve.

If you don't get invited to go to the conference, be on the lookout for other DCL training. Last year there was a large group on a 4-night Dream Cruise. Only agents, no families allowed. Still it was an opportunity to see the new ship.

We had problems with the registration. We didn't receive the e-mail so I called and they said they had already gone out. They re-sent it and we got it that time but by then it was to late and it was fully booked. Apparently the first e-mail went into our SPAM account (which we didn't even notice until the end of the day). However oddly enough the one they re-sent went in fine and within 2 minutes we had registered. I guess others had problems with not receiving the e-mail as well, so we're not alone. Totally bummed since we were waiting all day for an e-mail that didn't come into our normal e-mail account. I'm not sure but I really hope they can do someting for those of us that had technical difficulties with the registration. I would check your SPAM folder and you may find it there. (Not that it helps at this point, but at least it may be an explination as to what happened). They really need a better way to do registration next year, very disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter