• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 DDP prices for DVC?

Kitterleen

Mouseketeer
Others have posted conflicting prices for the 2010 DDP. It's been posted that prices will fluctuate depending on the time of year. I was wondering if anyone had any 2010 DVC DDP info? What will the price be for DVC? Will it fluctuate?

I've read that the increase is about $8/day/adult...$47/day/adult. Seems like an awful big increase for no changes in the plan.:mad:

It seems like perhaps we are exempt from the seasonal pricing....it mentions nothing about it on the dvc member site...

2010 Disney Dining Plan
Take advantage of Disney Dining Plan options for an easy and affordable way to enjoy meals and snacks at over 100 select restaurants throughout Walt Disney World® Resort. Choose from a variety of dining experiences for the length of your stay at Walt Disney World Disney Vacation Club Resorts or Walt Disney World Disney Collection hotels. Simply add a Disney Dining Plan selection to your reservation at least 48 hours prior to your check-in date. Please contact Member Services for assistance by calling (800) ********* or (407) 566-3800*.

Disney Dining Plan Pricing:

$41.99 per night, per Guest ages 10+
$11.99 per night, per Guest ages 3-9

Thanks so much Wendy, I feel better. Guess I should read the DVC site more carefully. Just always seems to take so long (too much reading) before they get to the bottom line...price! ;)

We are still waiting on whether we are going to be subject to a change. Thus far, as Wendy posted, those are the prices. We've called MS several times over the past month, and they have said that those are the prices and they haven't heard otherwise.

As with all things Disney though, things can be subject to change. It would be nice to know otherwise as that adds a huge increase to the daily budget, but keep in mind, if you go during the surcharge times as we do, you are going to be subject to the increases anyway at the buffets that are surcharged. If you wouldn't be doing those buffets, then the surcharge would not apply, and those numbers would need to be crunched.

Tiger

According to DVC, members are not subject to the seasonal price increases. The prices listed on the member website will apply throughout 2010.

Are we exempt only when using points? If we book an AP Rate room, for instance, which do we pay?

Are we exempt only when using points? If we book an AP Rate room, for instance, which do we pay?

I would think you are only exempt when using points. I don't believe just being a DVC member will give you the benefit of the set price for dining.

if you go during the surcharge times as we do, you are going to be subject to the increases anyway at the buffets that are surcharged. If you wouldn't be doing those buffets, then the surcharge would not apply, and those numbers would need to be crunched.

Tiger

How is this possible if there is a fixed price? It's still one table service, or am I missing something? I understand this if the cost of DDP fluctuates, but how so, if it's fixed???:confused3

I would think you are only exempt when using points. I don't believe just being a DVC member will give you the benefit of the set price for dining.

I suspect that any reservation made by MS (Points or Cash) would be exempt from the seasonal adjustment. AP Rates are thru CRO and would most likely be subject to the seasonal adjustment.

According to DVC, members are not subject to the seasonal price increases. The prices listed on the member website will apply throughout 2010.

This is great news, but I do recall raeding on the members website that they were going to charge DVC members the holiday surcharge, but then it was removed from the site. I do not like buffets were that was the only holiday surcharge , but this would have been another way for Disney to get some extra money. I am glad that it was removed, but I will never be surprised if they do add it on someday

>>>Originally Posted by Tiger926
if you go during the surcharge times as we do, you are going to be subject to the increases anyway at the buffets that are surcharged. If you wouldn't be doing those buffets, then the surcharge would not apply, and those numbers would need to be crunched.

Tiger<<<

How is this possible if there is a fixed price? It's still one table service, or am I missing something? I understand this if the cost of DDP fluctuates, but how so, if it's fixed???:confused3

If you were paying out of pocket rather than the dining plan. We got hit with the "holiday surcharge" when we ate at Chef Mickey's in mid-June. So you have to figure that in the comparison.

Im sure this is a programming issue for DVC bookings. There would have to be several decisions made by the booking program at the time of the reservation in order to charge these seasonal rates.

As we have seen, these changes are not handled well. The Resort would have to cancel and rebook each reservation at the time of checkin in order to implement the seasonal pricing on their end, so that would be a nightmare. Im sure they will fix it, but it will take some time.

Every time I have had to make a change at checkin, I understand why MS requires 48 hours to make DDP revisions.

Just mho:goodvibes

I highly doubt that we are exempt.

But we are. We are going in March 2010, which is "peak" for regular reservations. I know, because my cousin, who is coming down at the same time, is staying a POR and THEY are getting charged the higher price. Yet we are staying with DVC at BCV and are paying the lower 41.99.

This is what I found at Mousesavers http://www.mousesavers.com/mywplusdining2010.html

Starting in 2010, the additional cost (on top of a regular Magic Your Way package) varies depending on the time of year:

1/01/10 - 2/11/10, 4/11/10 - 6/03/10, 8/15/10 -12/16/10 is $41.99 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $11.99 per night for children (ages 3-9).

2/12/10 - 4/10/10, 6/04/10 - 8/14/10, 12/17/10 - 12/31/10 is $46.99 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $12.99 per night for children (ages 3-9).

If you were paying out of pocket rather than the dining plan. We got hit with the "holiday surcharge" when we ate at Chef Mickey's in mid-June. So you have to figure that in the comparison.

Thanks for that clarification. That is exactly what I was speaking about - should have been more clearer.

Tiger :)

The DDP surcharge is new for 2010. Neither cash guests nor DVC members paid an extra seasonal fee in '09.

To the best of my knowledge, the two-tiered pricing was never listed on DVCMember.com. I have only seen the single (lower) set of rates. Upon contacting DVC, they claim that members will be exempt from the higher rates in 2010. This was confirmed by both Member Services and someone higher up the food chain. Hopefully it will prove to be accurate.

The DDP surcharge is new for 2010. Neither cash guests nor DVC members paid an extra seasonal fee in '09.

To the best of my knowledge, the two-tiered pricing was never listed on DVCMember.com. I have only seen the single (lower) set of rates. Upon contacting DVC, they claim that members will be exempt from the higher rates in 2010. This was confirmed by both Member Services and someone higher up the food chain. Hopefully it will prove to be accurate.

Well it better, I was quoted by Member Services for the DDP on my March reservations. It would be in bad form to increase the price after the fact... :confused:

I'm excited that DVC DDP is a fixed price for all of 2010. That is somewhat sad in the fact that it went up, more than last time and we're getting the same. Makes me a little leary of what 2011 will bring. The surcharges for different seasons will make my normally easy decision to purchase the DDP somewhat more of a conundrum. Hope it never happens and we always get a fixed price;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter