2010 Christmas Parade Taping Tickets!!

Thanks! Just signed up. I asked for both dates maybe I will get one! When are we going to find out?

I also asked for both dates.
Does that mean I can only get one ?
The 4th was the day I actually wanted but I checked both thinking that seeing some filming on Friday would be better than nothing.

Thanks for posting the link for everyone.

Tempted to register just to see if I'm selected but not knowing exact times ahead of time won't work for me.

Thanks for posting the link for everyone.

Tempted to register just to see if I'm selected but not knowing exact times ahead of time won't work for me.

Last year, the tickets were transferable- so if you get tickets and can't use them, I'm sure someone else would appreciate them :goodvibes

Also, just checked my emails from last year: tickets were emailed on November 19th (but the registration date was a few weeks earlier than this year, October 23rd)

I just registered too. Yesterday I decided we wouldn't be taking another trip this year, but if we get chosen, I guess that is fate telling me to make our reservations! ;)

Pick me...pick me! :rotfl2:

***************FROM THE COMPANY SITE********************
How Do I Register?
The first step is to complete the form on this site. That will indicate your interest in participating. In the near future a specific number of those interested registrants will receive an email with instructions on completing further registration to receive tickets to the event.

Registering on this site does not guarantee you will be selected to participate. A limited number of tickets will be available on a first-come basis.

So are the tickets drawn for or given out in order of registrations received. From the statement above it appears that they should be given out in order of request.

Has anyone participated in this before? Please share your experience doing this.

Are you tied up in the production all day? Or do you have one 4 hour shift and then free to enjoy the park for the rest of the day?

Thanks!!!!!!

So are the tickets drawn for or given out in order of registrations received. From the statement above it appears that they should be given out in order of request.

I'm pretty sure you're right... first come, first served.

The big perk of this is the park ticket- we opted not for park hoppers this year, so will not watch the taping if not picked.

Getting a ticket, however, does not guarantee that you will have a good view of the performers. We were lucky and we did get right up front- but many people with ticket were stuck in the back, while other park-goers were in front of them (they joined in the crowd). In fact, Disney was encouraging as many people as possible to come join the crowd, bringing over people who had no idea what was going on.

You don't NEED this ticket to take part and watch.. but the free ticket is nice if you could use it! And it allows you to stay in the MK the rest of the day.

Has anyone participated in this before? Please share your experience doing this.

Are you tied up in the production all day? Or do you have one 4 hour shift and then free to enjoy the park for the rest of the day?

Thanks!!!!!!

Yep, a few times... they ask you to stay for the entire 4 hour "shift", and then you are free to go! It is a fun spectacle to watch- if you don't mind giving up some park time. We saw Kris Allen and Yanni last year. The next day was rainy so we decided to check out resorts instead- only to catch Celine Dion performing in the Grand Floridian (which must have been the "plan b" location for rain).

We've gone in past years as well. They will do a take several times in a row, and each time you have to be as excited as the first :)
And then they will run the recording a few times, without the performers, and turn the camera on you- and you have to pretend you are watching them sing lol. The chances of actually being on tv are very very small, but I think its something different and fun to do

can we stay in MK the rest of the day? and do we get told where to go?

I can answer one part of the question. Yes, you can stay for the rest of the day! Parking is included, too.

can we stay in MK the rest of the day? and do we get told where to go?

Yes you are allowed to stay at the MK for the rest of the day...but what do you mean by 'do we got told where to go' as in direction for the taping? Yes, and its not a one take event, sometimes the talent are asked to their 'talent' be it singing, dancing, lead ins, etc., 5 times or more...it all depends....

Last year when I registered, you were prompted to print your tickets at the end. There was no waiting. This stinks!! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter