2010 Christmas Mischief Elf-capades

our elves buddy & Mr jingles got here the night before thanksgiving..
here's Mr jingles
150516_455717461149_512116149_5965213_1674437_n.jpg

Here's buddy
148320_455717151149_512116149_5965210_8356358_n.jpg

1st night and we already found them in the bonus room drawing funny pictures!
75802_455897176149_512116149_5967667_2494787_n.jpg

156614_455897256149_512116149_5967669_8494_n.jpg

75111_455897316149_512116149_5967671_3041082_n.jpg

149051_455897386149_512116149_5967674_7916132_n.jpg

the 2nd night it looked like the elves were busy again! they put toilet paper & underwear on our Christmas tree!
155887_456525541149_512116149_5976297_6154562_n.jpg

looks like Mr Jingles thinks what he & buddy did is funny!
150270_456525846149_512116149_5976300_6069015_n.jpg

buddy think it was funny too
154796_456525901149_512116149_5976301_6138263_n.jpg

silly elves think it was funny
156548_456529976149_512116149_5976398_811018_n.jpg

the next morning we couldn't find them till we looked up. then we saw them swinging on my light ...
150008_456797416149_512116149_5981083_6930962_n.jpg

155524_456798496149_512116149_5981109_6444571_n.jpg

how did you guys get up there
74888_456798586149_512116149_5981112_1520347_n.jpg

then again this morning we couldn't find them again till we found them in the clothes basket jail... hahahhaha!
149498_457213361149_512116149_5988793_8194150_n.jpg

they look pretty happy to be in jail tho... ha!:lmao:
75114_457213936149_512116149_5988804_6960007_n.jpg

i wonder what they will get into next! ;)

if you do this, maybe add a note from your elf to remind your children to make a donation to your local food pantry to help the less fortunate.

OR if your elf is the kind that brings gifts, it would be nice if he brought an extra toy to donate to a toy drive.

Zippy showed up the day after Thanksgiving with a Lego advent calendar. So far he has decorated the tree with my son's socks and underwear, made a post it Christmas tree (using Santa Post Its) on his door, and was found napping in my son's bed. I like the canned tree idea and that might be next. I told Zippy if he made any huge messes like he did last year he would be going back to Santa and my son was concerned that the Post Its were a big mess.:rotfl:

This is our first year with an elf. My boys love to get mail and the timing worked out perfect. When I left for the bus stop (at our corner) I left a box tied with a big ribbon on the porch and as we were all walking home the mail car passed us so the boys assumed it came from there. My 6yo was especially excited, he carried it all over the house and I have an adorable picture of him in the recliner holding him on his lap where he fell asleep watching Rudolph last night, but my computer died so I can't get to it to post.

His name is Peppermint Jingle (PJ) which I'm pretty sure I snitched from another elf thread. This morning the boys found him sitting on the microwave with his hand in the marshmallow bag surrounded by marshmallow snowmen. We have our stockings tied to the bannister with ribbons and PJ came with his own stocking so we hung it with the others and when ds came down this morning the first thing he asked was "where's the elf?"

We have some winter themed stringing cards so I think tonight he's going to have those out.

Our Elf "Lisa", yes she has the white Elf on the Shelf skirt on :) arrived last week via FedEx. My girls love her so much. Silly "Lisa" must have crash landed into a huge coffee cup head first when she returned from seeing Santa one evening as we found her head first in a large coffee cup. lol. My girls can't wait to find where "Lisa" is each day.

PJ had an idea last night. Yesterday DS11 brought home a castle model that he had made for school and left it on the kitchen table. PJ decorated it for Christmas. He made a tree out of construction paper and made two little stockings that said "king" and "queen" on them. He also cut out snowflakes and put them all around it. When the kids came down this morning they found paper scraps all over the table and PJ had scissors in his hands cutting another piece.

Okay, here's our latest:

Tuesday-found at the laptop (must have been sending email to Santa since my DS's were into their own mischief) ;)
Wedesday--Avent Calendar
Thursday--found gazing out the window at the first snow, they were probably homesick

Love the idea with the laundry basket--I think we'll play off of that & put one elf in the dog cage & have the other outside of it laughing! :thumbsup2

This is what Egg Nog has been up to:

Made friends playing cars w/Buzz, Sulley, Mike W
Played piano while Goofy was playing guitar
Hide in the tree
Got younger brothers diapers/wipes and had them all set up to help me change diaper.
Last night, egg nog brought "when santa lost his ho ho ho" book witha special message in the front. Along w/some Mickey candy canes.

Tonight needs to be something to get ready to go..I have to hide him in our suitcase or something, honeslty....so I don't forget to bring him to WDW.

I bought the Elf on the shelf kit and I don't like how you can't bend the hands/legs and he doesn't really grab onto anything. So, needless to say he had a spill this morning when playing with the nutcrackers, I think the dog wanted to play too and Jacob found Jingle Bob face first. He freaked and screamed, he is a fake - he has a tag! I had to explain that is his tracking device that Santa puts on him to know where he is like a GPS. He totally bought it, but keeps asking why he has messed up legs & arms. Our son is 6 and loves Jingle Bob but I am worried that because Bob is having difficulty doing anything besides laying down or sitting that he may be found out.

Should I buy an elf that I saw in Kirkland's (if they have them still) and send Jingle Bob back to the North Pole or keeping pranking with "elf on the shelf"?

Thanks! :santa:

hi guys found my Elf :goodvibesbut need the book, where is the best place to find the Elf on a shelf book only TIA?

Should I buy an elf that I saw in Kirkland's (if they have them still) and send Jingle Bob back to the North Pole or keeping pranking with "elf on the shelf"?

Thanks! :santa:
If you think you can switch, I'd do it, but first I'd try a paperclip carefully inserted through the material your elf is made out of, to help his hands "hold". :confused: Seems like it might work?!

Oh yay!! I found the thread!! The first time I have ever heard of this was here last year. I found an elf after xmas and could not wait!! Then I FORGOT!!

Need an elf name.

He will arrived tomorrow. Can't wait!!

My 6yo is really into the elf, he can't wait to get up in the mornings and look for him. He was upset this morning because he didn't do anything (I was too tired last night and forgot) so I told him it was because he's been coming downstairs to get in my bed in the middle of the night, PJ was afraid DS would see him and he'd lose his magic.

The night before that he made himself hot chocolate and left out mugs, hot chocolate, spoons and marshmallows for the kids. Tonight he is going to bring a big bag of M&M's for our holiday dispenser. I didn't want to do anything too clever because my 6yo is spending the night with MIL so he'll miss it.

This afternoon we got some unexpected snow (it doesn't snow much here) and I said "Oh, PJ must have used his magic to make it snow!" And DS just lit up, it was so cute.

The dog cage antics worked out great--one inside looking like he's in jail & the other elf with one hand on the latch & the other hand up to his mouth. Last night the elfs watched the boys play with their nerf gun all night so they decided to make a nerf dart shaped tree on the wall complete with a yellow construction paper star on top. It was pretty funny when my DS5 wanted to dismantel the tree right away so he could play with the nerf gun but DS8 said they had to leave it there for decoration.

Now, what to do tonight....

Our elves have yet to arrive. We have a brother and sister duo that visit us. The hardest part this year is going to be setting things up. My DD9 doesn't go to sleep most nights until almost 11. She drives me nuts! Maybe I'll try waking her up really early for school for a few days so she'll get to sleep earlier. Hopefully! If she's out at a reasonable time tomorrow night I'll have them arrive. Now just to figure out a way for them to make a grand entrance!

Our Elf - Max - came out tonight and the kids were very excited to see him again! I wonder how long their good behavior can last?!!?

Your stories are all very cute! We don't have the fancy Elf either, so he just gets to sit around in different places. Where did those of you that have the fancy Elves get them?! Ours is the actual "the Elf on the Shelf" A Christmas Tradition, but he looks nothing like the ones in the pictures!

Elf on!!

Our Elf made his entrance this morning! My kids are 3, 5, 5, and 11 and this is the first year we've had an elf! I have the original Elf on a Shelf, although these other cool looking elves are making me jealous! lol... next year, our Elf will have to have some friends. The kids named him "Jumps". :confused3:rotfl:
We read the book last night, and this morning, the kids woke up to find Jumps hanging from our chandelier!

Tonight I think he might be playing tic-tac-toe on the bathroom mirrors..

Last night I got the elves out of the stockings & made the mistake of sitting down while thinking of what I was going to do with them. Next thing I knew DS8 was standing next to me saying--Mom, the elves are sitting on your lap! :scared1: I quickly said, "Oh, they must be missing their mommy so they thought they'd sit on my lap for awhile!" He agreed with it & thought that was cute! :lmao: Good thing I fell asleep with them in the perfect position! Whew!

The night before DS8 had been home with the flu so I had his elf watching over him as he slept (must have been concerned) & DS5 found his snuggled up in the zhu zhu pet sleeping bag on the end of his bed--score both times!

Love everyone's ideas! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

Wanted to share an easy elf activity. Elf Jokes- http://emailsanta.com/jokes_elf.htm I'm printing some of these out on blank index cards, stamping with an elf ($1 @ Michaels), and planning to hide them in the kids coat pockets and books. :laughing:

Saw a post on http://magicalholidayhome.com from someone who removed the musical piece from a holiday tie and rigged it to be a bedroom doorbell. Going to attempt that if Dollar tree still has them in stock.

Wow did this thread get burried! Our elves just arrived this morning. Better late than never. My biggest problem is getting the older 2 to bed to do the antics. I think tonight they will get caught in the stockings delivering "The Search for Santa Paws" DVD. Hope everyone is having fun with their elves!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter