• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2010 Armed Forces Salute

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am just completely upset at this point. I am a dependent over the age of 18 and bought two of these tickets last week. I asked the woman there multiple times if she was sure that I could activate them and even showed her my ID. She told me as long as I was over 18 that it was fine with my military ID card...now that I have read through this thread I am completely upset.

So what I am asking at this point is if my mom who is retired from the navy could activate the tickets for us without having to buy one for herself or go in the parks? Is there any way that she could activate the ones that I have already bought?

So I am just completely upset at this point. I am a dependent over the age of 18 and bought two of these tickets last week. I asked the woman there multiple times if she was sure that I could activate them and even showed her my ID. She told me as long as I was over 18 that it was fine with my military ID card...now that I have read through this thread I am completely upset.

So what I am asking at this point is if my mom who is retired from the navy could activate the tickets for us without having to buy one for herself or go in the parks? Is there any way that she could activate the ones that I have already bought?

I activated them last year at DTD. So yes.

Your mom can activate the tickets only at Disney, including Shades of Green or Downtown Disney. She can't activate them at home.

The Military Salute Tickets can only be activated at a Park (including water parks and TTC) Ticket Office or a Guest Relations Office (including DTD).

Although they can be purchased at SoG, they can not be activated there.

And the rules for activation are discussed in Post #1 of this thread.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant can my mom activate them at the parks for me but not have to have a ticket for herself?

Absolutely! So sorry you got the wrong info at the base--I don't think the people selling them have a clue how this really works--I had to educate ours on it!

A notice came out on May 28 that the sale of the Armed Forces Salute Tickets will continue through August 31, although the expiration date of September 30 is unchanged.

A notice came out on May 28 that the sale of the Armed Forces Salute Tickets will continue through August 31, although the expiration date of September 30 is unchanged.

Oh, yeah, baby!!!!!!!! I'll be there August 22-31 so I am one happy Air Force wife today :woohoo::cool1::banana::yay:

DH will purchase our discounted tickets on base since we aren't traveling until September. Do we get the PH add on at WDW or at time of purchase on base? Is it still $25 extra per person for PH?

Thanks!

Sorry if someone saw my previous post but I just saw this thread.

My DSIL if finally safe and home from Iraq!!! She now wants to join us for part of our upcoming Mickey/Harry tour over the 4th of July weekend. Originally my family was going to hang out at the Typhoon Lagoon and Kennedy Space center that weekend and then hit WDW (2 days) and Universal (2 days) after the 4th. But she can purchase the Military Salute tickets for $99 for 4 days. My problem is the Military Salute tickets may not be used in MK on July 3rd or 4th.

May I purchase Magic Your Way one day tickets to MK for July 3rd and then upgrade those tickets to Military Salute (paying the difference $20) to use the remaining 3 days later that week? I assume if this is possible that I would not be able to take care of this at Guest Services in MK on the 4th (or would I). How would I upgrade to visit Epcot on the 5th?

Does anyone think they will extend the expiration date? We are going the first week of Oct. ... just missing the cut-off.

May I purchase Magic Your Way one day tickets to MK for July 3rd and then upgrade those tickets to Military Salute (paying the difference $20) to use the remaining 3 days later that week? I assume if this is possible that I would not be able to take care of this at Guest Services in MK on the 4th (or would I). How would I upgrade to visit Epcot on the 5th?
As a general rule a MYW ticket cannot be upgraded to a pass that is blocked out on the blocked out day if the pass was used for Park entry that day. This normally applies to the Florida Resident Seasonal or Weekday Select passes but would also apply to the Military Salute tickets.

However, if you have used a MYW ticket for Park entry on a blocked out date, you can still do the upgrade. However, the upgrade may only be done prior to entering the Park.

So If you enter MK on the 3rd, you cannot do the upgrade on the 3rd. But you could do the upgrade later in the week at any Park (even on the 4th, as long as the upgrade is not done at MK).

I hope this makes some sense.

And, yes, it would be $21.30 including tax.

Hey there! Quick question - I registered just to ask it! Husband is deployed. I want to take myself and DD on a trip next week. I also want to take myself, DD and DH on a trip in September - can I buy and activate 5 tickets??

I know that there are posts in this thread that say 'yes' - but I just called Shades of Green and was told absolutely not, only one per person, per name, period. Can I trust what I was told by Shades of Green? I'd hate to buy two extra tickets I can't activate (if I can't buy extras, DD and I will not go on our mommy-daughter trip).

Thanks in advance!

As a general rule a MYW ticket cannot be upgraded to a pass that is blocked out on the blocked out day if the pass was used for Park entry that day. This normally applies to the Florida Resident Seasonal or Weekday Select passes but would also apply to the Military Salute tickets.

However, if you have used a MYW ticket for Park entry on a blocked out date, you can still do the upgrade. However, the upgrade may only be done prior to entering the Park.

So If you enter MK on the 3rd, you cannot do the upgrade on the 3rd. But you could do the upgrade later in the week at any Park (even on the 4th, as long as the upgrade is not done at MK).

I hope this makes some sense.

And, yes, it would be $21.30 including tax.

Can I purchase Military Salute tickets at the Epcot ticket window and pay for them using my Disney Rewards card (not the Visa but the actual rewards card)?

Thanks Cheshire, I think I was trying to make it more difficult. I will purchase the Military Salute ticket and use it on the 3rd for Epcot and the 5th for MK. Staying poolside for the crazy 4th. I forgot that I had GAD tickets that could be used for FP to make the summer crowds and heat more tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter