• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2009's What have you've seen on the Emerald Aisle?

We rent more than 40 days a year so that is how we maintain our Executive status. (If you don't rent 40 days a year, they drop you back down to regular status). I know a couple of years ago Continental airlines offered their members a one year upgrade, but many non-eligible folks signed up and the promotion got shut down. Of course I was one of the many folks who complained to National about non-eligible folks signing up and they told me they were investigating and shut the code down. One year I only rented 39 days and lost my status and was not happy. I counted incorrectly and had I known I would've just rented a car for a day to keep the status. Now I'm more diligent about my rental days. We like the Executive status because we can choose from either aisle, plus our free days accummulate faster as you only need 6 credits for one free day.

I do not have executive status but have a reservation in the emerald club. It is an SUV. Do I have to take the SUV or can I take a minivan instead?

We rent more than 40 days a year so that is how we maintain our Executive status. (If you don't rent 40 days a year, they drop you back down to regular status). I know a couple of years ago Continental airlines offered their members a one year upgrade, but many non-eligible folks signed up and the promotion got shut down. Of course I was one of the many folks who complained to National about non-eligible folks signing up and they told me they were investigating and shut the code down. One year I only rented 39 days and lost my status and was not happy. I counted incorrectly and had I known I would've just rented a car for a day to keep the status. Now I'm more diligent about my rental days. We like the Executive status because we can choose from either aisle, plus our free days accummulate faster as you only need 6 credits for one free day.

Thanks for the info on the Executive status. I had "read" about that promotion and was wondering if it was still in effect -- just couldn't remember all the details.

I would have to agree with you -- definitely not fair to have something available to those who have not actually "earned" it. I probably would have complained as well.

:)

I do not have executive status but have a reservation in the emerald club. It is an SUV. Do I have to take the SUV or can I take a minivan instead?

If your receipt says "Emerald Reserve" SUV, you have to take an SUV.
If your reciept says "Emerald Aisle", you can take any car in the emerald aisle.

You will pick from the SUV aisle since that's what you reserved. If you take a minivan they can change your fees to reflect a different car.

You will pick from the SUV aisle since that's what you reserved. If you take a minivan they can change your fees to reflect a different car.

There is a counter in the garage. Stop and ask.

I had reserved mid-size SUV, but there were mini-vans on the EA. My wife, instead of going and asking herself, insisted *I* go ask even though I was fine with the SUV. They said as long as I was Emerald Aisle, even though I had reserved a larger size, I could take anything from the EA. There were no additional charges at any point.

I wouldn't do it without asking, but I would say it's worth it to ask.

We checked into the EA, 7/12 at noon = mostly dodges, few saturns, impalas, mazda's, 1 scion which was a small suv box type car / truck. We took a grey VW jetta. Had 13,000 miles. Rode nice.

No problems with check out, or price. Love EA.:thumbsup2

Returned 7/18 @ 1pm = Looked briefly and saw just same type of cars. Nothing different.

** note on 7/18 ** we saw on the "side" by themselves > pt cruisers or hrh's types with a few othe smaller suv's. That wheren't really in any aisle, Not sure why they wheren't put out somewhere. :confused3

Good luck, mky:cutie:

Last night, about 8:30 or so, B-side: not one, not two, but three Chrysler Sebring convertibles. The one we took was not low mileage (about 16K if memory serves), and a few interior finish blemishes. But, it's been a lot of fun tooling around with the top down today!

Arrive at 11:00am on Saturday 7/18. Side B. On EA side there were only sedans, no SUVs or minivans. On Executive side there were only full size cars, but further down there was one minivan. It was a 8 person Sienna. We are Executive Aisle members, so could've taken it, but we really didn't want it as we were only 2. So we took a ford taurus limited edition again. This is the 3rd time we rented this year and again this is the same vechicle we had got in January and May (same color). We are convinced this is our own personal rental car (same color). So if we had wanted a minivan we could've taken it, but didn't. It was pretty beat up and had lots of marks and dings on it. If we had extras with us, we would've taken it, but didn't. We would've taken a SUV if there were any. So again this is the third time this year renting and again, slim pickings. Though we love getting our own personal rental car.

I keep forgetting to post this
July 15 - 6:30pm....only sedans in EA and Executive.

7/24 @ 5:00PM dropped off our car for our departure. We always take a look in the aisle upon our return to see what's there. In the Emerald Aisle all we saw was sedans. In the Executive Aisle mostly sedans, but could see a couple of larger vehicles near the back. Side B. So nothing my standard size sedans in the Emerald Aisle on Saturday 7/18 @ 11:00 AM and Friday 7/24 @ 5:00 PM -- SIDE B.

BTW -- this is the third time we rented with National this year (Jan/May/Jul) and we are Executive Aisle members. We have gotten a full size Ford Taurus each of those 3 trips. We'll be back in a couple of weeks, so will post again then. Our next trip is Aug. 14th.

just signed up for emerald aisle and made my ressie for sept...9 days midsize for 284 w/ taxes and costco code and coupon. Last year our car for 9 days was 134 w/ taxes....heres hoping rates go down.

Sat Aug 1st 6:30pm National's Executive Select (not Emerald Aisle) on the B side at MCO:

Nabbed a creamy white Chrysler Town & Country Touring 7-pax minivan with 12,000 miles and an Ipod port! :cool1:

other ES choices were:

Toyota Sienna 8-pax minivan
2 Dodge Chargers
Impala
Malibu

Used an employer code w/LDW and $35 off coupon for $417.00 all in for a 2 week rental (with National's Executive status you pay for midsize, but pick anything from the Exec Select aisle).

Nancy, great steal. Last month there were no vans or suv's in the exec aisle, I picked up a nissan altima. Have fun.
Michele

We'll be picking up a car around 8 tonight so I'll update when we're back home next week.

Due to delay out PHL, arrived around 1:00 a.m. Saturday 8/8, A side. There was only one car on the EA. It was a Toyota Corolla with over 30k miles and it smelled really bad from someone smoking in it. :sad2:

Returned Sunday around 6:00 p.m., the EA was loaded with midsize cars, no vans or SUV's in sight.

8/10 about 6:30pm - EA had all sedans
Ex. Aisle had all sedans except for 2 Rogues and 1 Vibe.
This was the A side.

Arrived this morning (8/14) to the A side. 1 Dodge caravan on the emerald aisle driving away and my family driving a Chrysler Town & Country van from the executive aisle. They were the only 2 vans in that section. Loads of Impalas, intrepids, sedan type vehicles. No suvs. This was around 9:45am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter