• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

200909?? - Third Annual Fall ladies trip-Sept. 2009

I'm sorry to hear you won't be joining us. I prefer deluxe, can't stand moderate, and usually stay value when I make solo trips. I hate paying out lots of money for a room when all I do is sleep there. I guess I may have to bite the bullet and book Sports to get good dates.

I work in Durham but live between there and Greensboro (and to the north). I'm closer to the Greensboro airport but never find good flights to MCO. They usually go through Atlanta and I like direct (cheap) flights.

Maybe someone will throw a Greensboro 'meet' and we can meet! I'm always looking for new disney friends. My kid is grown and I can no longer bribe him with a trip to Universal to get him to go with me to WDW. I just go alone. I'm not much of a park nazi. I prefer sleeping/lounging late, eating great meals, and vegging. I'm too old for running all over the place. I treat my trips to disney as a vacation.

I'm a old deluxe gal myself - went too many years before even a mod opened so we only stayed deluxe. Tried POP a few times, but if not going often (not since a quickie trip last summer), prefer a balcony to sit and enjoy. Glad to find another non nazi park type. ;)

I have a friend on another board, who is just a yr or so younger than me (I'm older than dirt) and she goes, goes, goes....criss-crossing the parks, rushing to get EVERYTHING done multiple times..makes me tired just thinking about it!!

When we moved here 3 yrs ago, GSO had nonstop Delta flights to MCO for $138! Well, delta put an end to those. I'd rather go to RDU or even Charlotte for a nonstop.

Imagine a Greensboro meet - for some reason that sounds so funny!:thumbsup2

Happy planning! :goodvibes
i'm so sorry you won't be with us this year.
if things do change for you at the last minute, you are very welcome to join us.
as long as the motherland exists, there will be another trip in fall of 2010.

Aw,thanks, mac! I do believe in miracles, so who knows. ;)

Hi Everyone,
I returned from D.C. earlier than planned on Thursday. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for WDW with my sister, sister-in-law, and families.
Hi Carolyn, glad that Beth was able to track you down.
Minnie&Nana-sorry that you wont be able to make it this year. Keep us in mind for next year.

Could those of you who have made ADRs somehow post them in one place so that I can add them to Page 1. Since I haven't been paying attention, I would have to read through the whole thread to find out what I've missed.

If i don't get to update anything today, I'll catch up when I return on Saturday.

I am trying to work, so my planning is slowing down. Darn that having to make a living! I will be back soon, and I've got to finish ADR's too. I guess we can put everyone's together and cancel a few.

Hi, Carolyn!

Minnie & Nana, sorry you can't make it.

i am assuming that pat will list the adr that all have in the second post on page 1.

she held a place there to later come back and list the adr's we have.

it will make it more convenient to see it all in one place.

It seems Disney and Southwest must know I need a vacation and have conspired to make it happen. Southwest is running a 48 hour sale which ends today. I grabbed my airfare (after fiddling with dates a bit) for $70 each leg. I booked each leg separately so now I just need to watch for dings. :) Disney opened my dates at POP so I booked it today.

I arrive 9/30 at 9:20AM and depart 10/7 at 5:00PM. I booked the free dining package at POP with the hopper & deluxe dining options. I figure the deluxe dining option is only a little more than the PFTS and I can eat at lots of Signature restaurants and not worry about any meals. Besides, I drink enough tea the addition of the free mug makes it worth the price.

I'll have to venture through again to check ADRs. I'm not sure which I'll need to try to book on my own and which ones I can join. Let me know if you have something available to share. I did notice Diva has Jiko (dinner) on 10/1 and CRT on 10/4 (lunch). If you have space I'd like to tag along. I also think Mac said she has Kona for dinner on 10/3. If there's room I'd like in on that one too. If I can hook up on those three that takes care of 5 credits. Only 16 credits to go! :rotfl2:

Who mentioned tea? I do that every trip. What date is that?

Today has been a really good day. Not only did I book my trip but I received my preliminary year end variance and I'm no longer in the red! You guys have no idea how I've sweated that one!

Today has been a really good day. Not only did I book my trip but I received my preliminary year end variance and I'm no longer in the red! You guys have no idea how I've sweated that one!
:woohoo:

YEAH for you!!! :cheer2:How come I didn't see that fare? Because I gave up and you didn't!!

You've got me wanting to go again!!!

OMG -thank you to CarolynNC, I just found SW flights for $60 each way (before taxes) - going to call Disney right now to see what I can get at POP...I can't believe this - it would only be for 4 days....but what fun!!

Does anyone know (off hand) the ap rates for this time? I checked on line for free dining, but POP is not available, so thought I'd try ap (have to upgrade after arrival), but cannot check the rates on line .... maybe I'll could add dining to the ap rate.

Lordy, I am so out of practice!!! Haven't even called Disney in over a year!!! :sad:

my adrs:
10/1
Wave 6:05 (2)
mac, dancind

Backstage tour with disneydeeva and shirley

10/2
GFC 5:40 (2)

10/3
Kona 6:10
mac, geffric, marita, carolyn

rope drop at DHS. all invited
Homies attack TOT and TSM

lunch cs at Epcot with anyone that is hungry

10/4
Tony 5:50 (4)
mac, geffric, marita

rope drop at AK
iguana charges.....all invited

MK open to midnight this night wishes at 9 pm

10/5
LeCellier 6:10
mac, geffric, marita, Carolyn (4)

wine and drunkfest starting at 11

10/6 6:10
Coral Reef (2)

bbq day with DFD

MNSSHP

10/7
lunch at Plaza for 3 at 11:00
mac, DFD, one opening

dinner at Chef France for 4 at 6:30
mac, geffric, marita

10/8

doing counter service as i leave on this day for the darkside.

if i don't have something listed that means i have nothing planned for that day.

i will be doing counter service for lunch somewhere.
haven't figured it all out yet.

if you have plans and want homies with you, give me a holler and i'll be there.

like i said before, i can try to add to my adr's
i can also switch some if i can still get the ones i picked already.

Carolyn, i called and change the Kona adr to add you.
i had to change the time also in order to make it for 4 people.

you are now with us and the time for it will be 6:10 that saturday.

i also have GFC open on friday oct 2nd, coral reef on tuesday 10/7, and tony's for sunday dinner on 10/4.

if you want any of those places, let me know.

when i was on the phone with disney dining, they told me i had to call for a change of people rather than show up for them to be added.

the CM told me each restaurant has different rules on it, with Kona being one of them not adding people at the time when they show up on the number count on the adr.

that was new for me to hear that.

i tried to chang my plaza lunch adr to 11 from 11:25 but the cm said they system was not allowing her to. it stated i was not within the time frame of 90 + 10.

that was incorrect and even the cm said it was incorrect.
she told me to call tomorrow to adjust that time for the Plaza.

on to edit an update.
thursday:
i was able to change the adr for Plaza.
it is now at 11:00 for 3
let me know if you want to join in.

It seems Disney and Southwest must know I need a vacation and have conspired to make it happen. Southwest is running a 48 hour sale which ends today. I grabbed my airfare (after fiddling with dates a bit) for $70 each leg. I booked each leg separately so now I just need to watch for dings. :) Disney opened my dates at POP so I booked it today.

I arrive 9/30 at 9:20AM and depart 10/7 at 5:00PM. I booked the free dining package at POP with the hopper & deluxe dining options. I figure the deluxe dining option is only a little more than the PFTS and I can eat at lots of Signature restaurants and not worry about any meals. Besides, I drink enough tea the addition of the free mug makes it worth the price.

I'll have to venture through again to check ADRs. I'm not sure which I'll need to try to book on my own and which ones I can join. Let me know if you have something available to share. I did notice Diva has Jiko (dinner) on 10/1 and CRT on 10/4 (lunch). If you have space I'd like to tag along. I also think Mac said she has Kona for dinner on 10/3. If there's room I'd like in on that one too. If I can hook up on those three that takes care of 5 credits. Only 16 credits to go! :rotfl2:

Who mentioned tea? I do that every trip. What date is that?

Yay!! BTW - did you hear about the new tea machines at Pop...right up your alley!

I've definitely got you down for Jiko and CRT. If I rescheduled Citricos for 10/4 instead of 9/27, would you be interested? I also have room at the table for Chefs De France, Sanaa, Yachtsman Steakhouse and Tusker House...if you're interested.

I have High Tea pencilled in on 10/06 (before MNSSHP) - it's kind of a tradition for me too.

YEAH for you!!! :cheer2:How come I didn't see that fare? Because I gave up and you didn't!!

OMG -thank you to CarolynNC, I just found SW flights for $60 each way (before taxes) - going to call Disney right now to see what I can get at POP...I can't believe this - it would only be for 4 days....but what fun!!

Does anyone know (off hand) the ap rates for this time? I checked on line for free dining, but POP is not available, so thought I'd try ap (have to upgrade after arrival), but cannot check the rates on line .... maybe I'll could add dining to the ap rate.

Lordy, I am so out of practice!!! Haven't even called Disney in over a year!!! :sad:

Christine, it looks like the AP Rates for Sept/Oct are as follows:
•Standard Room $64 per night, plus tax*
for stays most nights from 8/9 - 8/17, 8/28 - 9/24/09.
That's 21% Off — A Savings of $18
•Standard Room $64 per night, plus tax*
for stays most nights from 10/2-10/3/09.
That's 39% Off — A Savings of $41
I see it skips from 9/24 to 10/2 with no availability

welcome back minnie & nana!
what dates will you be at the motherland?

Carolyn, i called and change the Kona adr to add you.
i had to change the time also in order to make it for 4 people.

you are now with us and the time for it will be 6:10 that saturday.

i also have GFC open on friday oct 2nd, coral reef on tuesday 10/7, and tony's for sunday dinner on 10/4.

if you want any of those places, let me know.

when i was on the phone with disney dining, they told me i had to call for a change of people rather than show up for them to be added.

the CM told me each restaurant has different rules on it, with Kona being one of them not adding people at the time when they show up on the number count on the adr.

that was new for me to hear that.

i tried to chang my plaza lunch adr to 11 from 11:25 but the cm said they system was not allowing her to. it stated i was not within the time frame of 90 + 10.

that was incorrect and even the cm said it was incorrect.
she told me to call tomorrow to adjust that time for the Plaza.

I swear these CMs just make this stuff up as they go along (having been one of them myself):lmao:

I've added and removed people to and from my ADRs for years and have yet to have ANY WDW restaurant turn me or my party away. I even went from 2 to 7 once at Ohana without any problems at all. You are at Disneyworld after all. Toughest time I ever had was going from 2 to 3 at LeCellier. That place is always packed.

I subscribe to the "Bob Varley" rule of thumb. Just show up and ask...they can't hit you! :rotfl2:

like i said in a post i edited today,
i now have the Plaza for lunch on Wednesday Oct 7th at 11:00 for 3.

let me know if you are interested.

i will go back and edit my other post in case pat uses the first one i listed.

welcome back minnie & nana!
what dates will you be at the motherland?

:wave:

Only resort available is ALSp or ASMO... so no ressie yet...cannot stay at either of those, will keep trying for POP and trust SW will have another sale...all up in the air...so I might be one of those tagging along to see if the rest will add another - if not, no problem, I'll head to CS. All is good!!:goodvibes

I could do an ap rate, try adding dining, but think free dining might be better cost wise -have not crunched the numbers yet though.

Okay, this is what I have written down so far. Please let me know if I've messed up and invited myself along where there is no room. I'm going to try to make some ADRs (probably for 2) since there are some places I want to eat and I'll need to burn up those credits.

I have:

Thur, 10/1 dinner at Jiko with Diva

Sat, 10/3 dinner at Kona with Mac
Diva, I believe you have lunch at Chefs. What time is that ADR and do you have room?

Sun, 10/4 lunch at CRT with Diva
Possible dinner at Citricos if Diva reschedules. I'm going to make a backup ADR if there is something appealing available.

Mon, 10/5 dinner at LeCellier with Mac

I'll post what backup ressies I make. Anyone else have slots they're trying to fill?

Sure..

I have Boma breakfast 10/6

Thursday - Boma dinner - but could change this if people want to go somewhere else

Friday - Chef's

I added Carolyn to the adrs i hold.

my current and up to date list is on page 18

geffric, are you doing Chefs twice?

Nope... only once, ( I think) .. I just checked.. your right. I do Chefs with you on Wednesday and :lmao:

TUTTO ITALIA on Friday night..

So if anyone wants to join me Friday..:happytv: Now that I know where I am going.. LOL :thumbsup2:lmao:

geffric, I'd love to do Boma for breakfast on Tues, 10/6. What time?

I've made some ADRs as backup in case I don't find another to join. I made them all for 2 so anyone is welcome to join me. If more want in I can try to upgrade. I just have to say I love the new on line booking. It's so much easier to fool around with dates and times. Here goes:

Wed, 9/30
Wave 1:15pm
Yachtman 7:40

Thur, 10/1
Tutto 1:00pm

Fri, 10/2
Raglan Rd 11:15am
Brown Derby 6:35pm

Sun, 10/4
Citricos 8:25pm

Mon, 10/5
1900 Park Fare 10:00am (what's disney without one character meal)

Tues, 10/6
Narcoossees 6:55pm

I'm not tied to any of these but wanted to have a basis to work from. I need some ADRs as a 'just in case'.
------------------------------------------
Park touring and special events:

Now, I have Rope Drop at Studios on Sat, 10/3 and AK on Sun, 10/4. I'm not guaranteeing I'll make it at opening but just checking so I can note it on my schedule. I read something about Drunkfest on Mon, 10/5. Sounds like my kind of event. Anyone want to fill me in? I also have Jellyrolls for that same day. Any other events or group park touring I'm missing? I'm very flexible and I'm more than willing to go with the flow. I do want to make sure I get to Epcot frequently and will try to fit in a few seminars I might find interesting once I see a schedule. I'm guessing it's too early for that to be out yet.

I think I'm making progress.

this is going on at the transportation board... just in case you missed it... plug in your email and you get a certificate number that you can use when you book online with airtran!!! Offer expires 10/31/09 good till travels till Dec. 18,09

http://airtran.com/sunshine/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter