• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

200909?? - Third Annual Fall ladies trip-Sept. 2009

I called and it is Sunday that I can call.. so I have a bit of time..

But so far I have 6 of us for Boma breakfast on Tuesday - me, Marita, DanceID, Michelle and Minnie&Nana.

Tutto for dinner and one other like Coral Reef or???

It's going to take some concentration to summarize all the dinner plans! I will try to get that into the schedule too.

I would like to go to the Wave, Mac. Was that 10/1?

I know I booked Chefs for dinner at 6:50 on 9/30. If anyone wants to join, I have openings.

Now I need to decide a night for California Grill, since I have to go. I go every trip, it's a requirement. I'm thinking about 10/3 instead of Kimonos. DFD if you want to try sushi, Cal Grill has the best! Or maybe 10/4 before MK evening magic hour. Any takers?

OK, ladies, I'm going to propose Monday 10/4 as Jellyrolls night. Lots of us will be at the World that night, there aren't any parties going on, it isn't a busy night at Jellyrolls.

It's still $10 to get in, but the club is now non-smoking. YAY! And I'm told that there is a line of buses outside to take you to your resort up to 3 am.

If we decide to try for a Friday or Saturday night (Tues/Thurs are CM nights) we just need to get there before 8 pm to get tables.

It's going to take some concentration to summarize all the dinner plans! I will try to get that into the schedule too.

I would like to go to the Wave, Mac. Was that 10/1?

I know I booked Chefs for dinner at 6:50 on 9/30. If anyone wants to join, I have openings.

Now I need to decide a night for California Grill, since I have to go. I go every trip, it's a requirement. I'm thinking about 10/3 instead of Kimonos. DFD if you want to try sushi, Cal Grill has the best! Or maybe 10/4 before MK evening magic hour. Any takers?

i would love for you to join me at the Wave.
considered it done.

i have Chefs at France on Wednesday night the 7th.
how long will you be at the motherland?

when i talked to the CM on Thursday morning, i was able to get my ADR's for the nights i wanted but, had to make them for either 2 or 4 people.

When i tried to do 5 or 6, i only had times way late such as 8:50 pm or 3:45.

I have had a few contact me for some of the places i have listed here on the past page.

if more want to join in, i can try to call at the 45 days out from my arrival and see how i can adjust them to more than 4 people.

people that do not pay the package in full 45 days out, lose their ressies unless they have called disney to request more days to pay in full.
disney has worked with some guests based on their reason.

most of the times it is because a person forgot or mis judged the final deadline. i have heard of a few cases of disney not cancelling them and giving them a 4 day extension.

with that in mind, i can also call at 40 days out to see what is available if i need to obtain more seats on my ADRs.

my adrs:
10/1
Wave 6:05 (2)
mac, dancind

Backstage tour with disneydeeva and shirley

10/2
GFC 5:40 (2)
1 opening

10/3
Kona 6:10
mac, geffric, marita, carolyn
(4)

rope drop at DHS. all invited
Homies attack TOT and TSM

lunch cs at Epcot with anyone that is hungry

10/4
Tony 5:50 (4)
mac, geffric, marita
1 opening

rope drop at AK
iguana charges.....all invited

MK open to midnight this night wishes at 9 pm

10/5
LeCellier 6:10
mac, geffric, marita, Carolyn (4)

wine and drunkfest starting at 11

10/6 6:10
Coral Reef (2)
1 opening

bbq day with DFD

MNSSHP

10/7
lunch at Plaza for 3 at 11:00
mac, DFD
1 opening

and

dinner at Chef France for 4 at 6:30
mac, geffric, marita
1 opening

10/8

doing counter service as i leave on this day for the darkside.

if i don't have something listed that means i have nothing planned for that day.

i will be doing counter service for lunch somewhere.
haven't figured it all out yet.

if you have plans and want homies with you, give me a holler and i'll be there.

like i said before, i can try to add to my adr's
i can also switch some if i can still get the ones i picked already.

MAC - Marita and I are with you for the Chefs France on 10/7.. :thumbsup2

On 10/8 and 10/9 - I can call Sunday..

10/8 - whatever is open between - Coral Reef, Big River Grill or ????

I am hoping for - 10/9 dinner at Tutto Italia - 4 - me, marita, DFD and maybe Minnie& Nana

I am hoping for - 10/9 dinner at Tutto Italia - 4 - me, marita, DFD and maybe Minnie& Nana

Why do you have to wait until Sunday? You're staying onsite, right? I made ADRs for 10/8 and 10/9 earlier this week using the online system. Since you are trying to the difficult ADRs (Coral Reef, etc.), I would be happy to try for those today for you.

OK, ladies, I'm going to propose Monday 10/4 as Jellyrolls night. Lots of us will be at the World that night, there aren't any parties going on, it isn't a busy night at Jellyrolls.

It's still $10 to get in, but the club is now non-smoking. YAY! And I'm told that there is a line of buses outside to take you to your resort up to 3 am.

If we decide to try for a Friday or Saturday night (Tues/Thurs are CM nights) we just need to get there before 8 pm to get tables.

The 4th is the only night in over two weeks that I can catch Fantasmic. I haven't done it the past couple of years so kinda want to catch it this time (boy, only having it on two or three nights a weeks makes planning tough).

I'll try to join you sometime afterwards...if you're going to be there for a while.

is CG 2TS???

I might scout kimonos this Sunday... see how it pans out... and if I am on DP I will have nio problem doing CG!!

I am doing points/stay which means I am debating if I am going to add DP but most likly the way I am tagging along with every meal the rbest thing to do is do the DP :confused:

if I can keep my eyes open by 7PM you can count me in since I have 4 alarm clocks with me by the time I leave my cave to make sure I wake up for Rope drop... I will have to prove myself to Mac.. Yes Mac.. you will be proud of me after this trip "gulp" :laughing:

penciling that down!!!

Why do you have to wait until Sunday? You're staying onsite, right? I made ADRs for 10/8 and 10/9 earlier this week using the online system. Since you are trying to the difficult ADRs (Coral Reef, etc.), I would be happy to try for those today for you.

I am on points at AKL and they told me this am that I had to wait until 7/5 for the 90 days.. Any help would be great..

Sounds good to me.. as long as I am still awake after a day of fun in the sun for Drunkfest.... LOL
BTW Monday is 10/5..

been scribbling left and right and here are my thoughts...

oct:
2...Arrives at SSr at around 11AM... Capt Jacks

3... TSM and everything DHS...Flying Fish... :confused3 (never ate there before)

4... IguanadonFeast and everything AK... Yak and Yeti

5... DrunkFest and everything EPCOT... Kona(never ate there before)

6... Am serving brunch LOL (Oh Gawd!!!)... MNSSHP trekking with MAC for all chocolate...

7... Nothing planned but kat368 has me for Biergarten

8... no thoughts...

9... Tutoo for dinner

10... no thoughts...

11... Ohana for dinner

12... pack and go home...popcorn::

But then again just like MAC.. I go where herd Go.. so dont count me out yet.. this are just scribbles :):woohoo:

i have you on the list.
i edited it above.

and i added dancind to the 10/2 adr

if you are onsite, you have to wait 90 days from the date of your arrival to book adr's. you can then book the adr's for your stay + 10 more which would take a person to 100 days out for the ones after they arrive.

i tried to call a day early and the cm told me i had to wait one more day.

that is why geffric has to wait until sunday to make her adr's

DFD, do you need me to come to your room and pull you out of bed for that saturday?

being the type of homie i am, i would do that for you......:teeth:

i have you on the list.
i edited it above.

and i added dancind to the 10/2 adr

if you are onsite, you have to wait 90 days from the date of your arrival to book adr's. you can then book the adr's for your stay + 10 more which would take a person to 100 days out for the ones after they arrive.

i tried to call a day early and the cm told me i had to wait one more day.

that is why geffric has to wait until sunday to make her adr's

DFD, do you need me to come to your room and pull you out of bed for that saturday?

being the type of homie i am, i would do that for you......:teeth:

mac I printed your ADRS... so if there are days that my screws are all tight I might tag along if you have that flexibility in your adr.. :)

you might need to just do that on Saturday :lmao:

Hi ladies. No I didn't fall off the face of the earth but that might have been preferable. :) About two weeks after I returned from last year's trip I had multiple family emergencies that are on going. Add in several work issues involving budget cuts, retro budget cuts, staffing issues, and just general mayhem. I feel like I've lived 10 years in this one. I haven't felt much like Disney.

I was glad to hear from Mac. It reminded me how much I enjoyed last year's trip. I'm going to try to make it this year. I'm right in the middle of fiscal year end closing but once things settle a bit I should be able to start some planning. I need to book soon though if I want free dining. I think I'll do the Deluxe add on so I don't have to worry about any meals. I know that gives 3 meals per day (which I'd never eat) but doesn't the signature dinners still cost 2 credits on the Deluxe plan? I'm really interested in Cali Grill & Jiko. Maybe Brown Derby. I have never eaten at the Castle. Does anyone know if the reservations at the Castle are still hard to get? I need to pick my dates and start planning meals. Mac said she had some ADRs so I need to start begging to be added to your lists. Anyone doing any Signature dining? I also need to read the posts to catch up on the planning. I'm sure all my questions will be answered if I read up on what's going on. I looked at some dates a few minutes ago and I'm having problems getting in at Pop. I really don't want to stay at Sports which seems to be what's open. I may have to try different date combinations to get at Pop.

I did an air fare check. Dang, Southwest has gone up. I'm used to getting my round trip for $100 to $150. There's a sale now for $200. I guess I'd better start watching those RDU-MCO dings! Of course I can't book air until I settle on dates. //shakes head// Makes me tired just thinking about it! :)

I'll try to pop back in when I have details to report. It will be good to see you guys again and Mac said we have some new friends joining. It will be nice meeting you all. And thanks for thinking of me. Mac, thanks for calling. I haven't had many people concerned about my well being lately. It was like receiving a much needed hug. I really need a vacation...and lots of drinks! :drinking1:

Hi, all,

I was really hoping to join this years trip, but between the heat, the high cost of airfare and not wanting to be back at POP, decided I'll have to pass. I have MS and this summer heat is taking a more of a toll than usual - WDW in early October is much worse than what we're having here right now, so better to be wise.

Just wanted to thank everyone for being so welcoming - I'll be watching for a TR from some of you!

Thanks again.:flower3:

(Hey, Carolyn ~ I'm in Greensboro and was very surprised to find the fares from RDU so high - its been like that for months and very few dings. :( Hope something comes through for you soon.:goodvibes)

mac I printed your ADRS... so if there are days that my screws are all tight I might tag along if you have that flexibility in your adr.. :)

you might need to just do that on Saturday :lmao:

ok, i'll hop over to your place and bang on your door until you are awake...
:teeth:

if you think you want in on the adr's i have, let me know which ones.
the same goes for everyone else in the group.

if i know in advance, i can start calling and try to change the count number.

Hi ladies. No I didn't fall off the face of the earth but that might have been preferable. :) About two weeks after I returned from last year's trip I had multiple family emergencies that are on going. Add in several work issues involving budget cuts, retro budget cuts, staffing issues, and just general mayhem. I feel like I've lived 10 years in this one. I haven't felt much like Disney.

I was glad to hear from Mac. It reminded me how much I enjoyed last year's trip. I'm going to try to make it this year. I'm right in the middle of fiscal year end closing but once things settle a bit I should be able to start some planning. I need to book soon though if I want free dining. I think I'll do the Deluxe add on so I don't have to worry about any meals. I know that gives 3 meals per day (which I'd never eat) but doesn't the signature dinners still cost 2 credits on the Deluxe plan? I'm really interested in Cali Grill & Jiko. Maybe Brown Derby. I have never eaten at the Castle. Does anyone know if the reservations at the Castle are still hard to get? I need to pick my dates and start planning meals. Mac said she had some ADRs so I need to start begging to be added to your lists. Anyone doing any Signature dining? I also need to read the posts to catch up on the planning. I'm sure all my questions will be answered if I read up on what's going on. I looked at some dates a few minutes ago and I'm having problems getting in at Pop. I really don't want to stay at Sports which seems to be what's open. I may have to try different date combinations to get at Pop.

I did an air fare check. Dang, Southwest has gone up. I'm used to getting my round trip for $100 to $150. There's a sale now for $200. I guess I'd better start watching those RDU-MCO dings! Of course I can't book air until I settle on dates. //shakes head// Makes me tired just thinking about it! :)

I'll try to pop back in when I have details to report. It will be good to see you guys again and Mac said we have some new friends joining. It will be nice meeting you all. And thanks for thinking of me. Mac, thanks for calling. I haven't had many people concerned about my well being lately. It was like receiving a much needed hug. I really need a vacation...and lots of drinks! :drinking1:
:hug:
we were concerned about you and glad we were able to connect on the phone the other day.

let me know what adr's i hold that you think you might want to do.

disneydeeva in our group, you know her as you did the PFTS with her last year, holds signature adrs. check out her list. i know she has CRT that she would like company for it. i can't recall if anyone has the deluxe dining plan. i know many have the ddp or the tiw card.

we plan on eating and drinking this year.
yea, i get wiped out on one backscratcher...or those light up drinks at sci fi.
you do remember that one don't you?
:laughing:

i hope you can make it Carolyn, you need a vacation.
see what you can work out.
i'll be at sports this year. i do know it is not a favorite of very many but it is my home away from home.
translation: cheap and i'm only there to sleep and shower.

Pat is away this weekend and i believe she posted she was going with some relatives to the motherland a week from now.
She hasn't had time to update the second post on the first page of this thread. she will list who is going and their dates.

read thru the thread and take notes so you can see who will be there.
disneydeeva comes in first in last week of september. i arrive on the 30th.
if i remember correctly, all should be in by saturday afternoon, early evening. i leave oct 8th for the darkside but others will still be there after me.

when it rains it pours.
come play with us again this year.

and if there are any lurkers out there undecided, please feel free to join us.
no one will be excluded at all from any of the agendas.

Hi, all,

I was really hoping to join this years trip, but between the heat, the high cost of airfare and not wanting to be back at POP, decided I'll have to pass. I have MS and this summer heat is taking a more of a toll than usual - WDW in early October is much worse than what we're having here right now, so better to be wise.

Just wanted to thank everyone for being so welcoming - I'll be watching for a TR from some of you!

Thanks again.:flower3:

(Hey, Carolyn ~ I'm in Greensboro and was very surprised to find the fares from RDU so high - its been like that for months and very few dings. :( Hope something comes through for you soon.:goodvibes)

i'm so sorry you won't be with us this year.
if things do change for you at the last minute, you are very welcome to join us.

as long as the motherland exists, there will be another trip in fall of 2010.

I may still be reading this thread come October! I need to find suitable dates. Then I can start taking notes and trying to figure this all out. Maybe I should take a speed reading course or do we have cliff notes! :rotfl2:

I'm sorry to hear you won't be joining us. I prefer deluxe, can't stand moderate, and usually stay value when I make solo trips. I hate paying out lots of money for a room when all I do is sleep there. I guess I may have to bite the bullet and book Sports to get good dates.

I work in Durham but live between there and Greensboro (and to the north). I'm closer to the Greensboro airport but never find good flights to MCO. They usually go through Atlanta and I like direct (cheap) flights.

Maybe someone will throw a Greensboro 'meet' and we can meet! I'm always looking for new disney friends. My kid is grown and I can no longer bribe him with a trip to Universal to get him to go with me to WDW. I just go alone. I'm not much of a park nazi. I prefer sleeping/lounging late, eating great meals, and vegging. I'm too old for running all over the place. I treat my trips to disney as a vacation.

hi.. up early this am to make ADRs for the trip.. besides being with MAC earlier in the week..

If anyone wants to join , let me know -

10/6 - Boma breakfast 9 :30 am - for me Marita, DanceID and Michelle - can add more

10/8 Boma- 6:55 pm have room for 2 more. Sanaa wasn't availalbe that night. I would do Jiko if others are interested. I can change to be with others, not set in stone but at least i have an ADR if needed.

10/9 Tutto Italia - 4 me, Marita, DFD room for 1 more..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter