2009 Travel agent rates

jamackin

Jamackin
Does anyone know when the travel agent rates are published? I've been going on the Disneytravelagents website and they still only have 2008...I even did the chat feature and asked and they replied they didn't know. Does anyone here have the inside scoop? I'm certain some of you have to be travel agents, right?

I look EVERY day! Please post on this thread if you see them come out...as will I.

Does anyone know if this is the latest that these rates have come out? I know in 2006 it was around September 18.

I have never booked that far in advance to know the answer to that, but would like to know. I am really after a TA rate for next summer!

If I remember correctly, the past two years they have not announced the TA rates for the coming year until Jan 1 -or very close to it. Before that, I could always book for the following summer each fall but haven't been able to for a couple years now, I think.

Seems like everyone is watching and waiting for 2009 TA rates. We had to postpone our Aug trip due to unexpected surgery so we're looking at rescheduling over the holidays this year and then returning to our July/Aug vacations next summer.

Am online tonight crunching numbers for 12/20 - 1/3 to see if there's a better code than my TA rate at a deluxe. :surfweb:
Sometimes it doesn't save us to use the TA rates. That's why we usually forgo the TA MYW and just buy APs instead.
Speaking of which - has anyone seen the new TA MYW tix? In the past we could apply to an annual or extend a 7 day to 10 if needed. I've heard many different opinions this year though. What is the actual wording printed on the tix? Has anybody tried to upgrade one by chance?

Good luck with your planning. Hope they release it sooner this year for all of us!

In 2006, I know the room rates came out in Aug/Sep because we booked our trip for August 2007. I don't know when they came out in 2007 because we weren't booking a trip for 2008. But now we're going in January and really wanted to get a TA discount on a room. I'm so bummed they're not available yet. Over the last month, the availability has significantly decreased and I don't know if there'll even been any rooms available at the TA rate!

Here's hoping!

Hello fellow TA's and disney lovers,
I too am waiting and checking daily for the 2009 rates. My ag did manage to get some great group rates for 2009 already though. SO I am excited about that.
Here is hoping that everyone gets the dates and resort they are looking for in 2009 and everyone has a great year sending lucky families on Magical Adventures this coming year.
I can say I was happy with the rate this year for a 2 bedroom suite at Beach Club for first week in December.

That is correct, but I believe most agents are wanting the days out so they can see type of room that is avaible and hotel for the dates they are planning.

We are at BWI for New Years this year, paying $245 a night for standard view. All the rates I have ever gotten have been 50% off Rack Rate.

I know for a fact that availability came out on September 18 in 2006. I have a credit card statement with the deposit shown.

My only thought is that there are a lot of rooms available this fall and they are still focusing on throwing out every possible code to fill these rooms before they think about 2009. I can't think of any other reason why there would be a delay.

50% off rack rate?!? Sounds amazing!

I once tried to use an online Travel Agent service (highly recommended one) and the rate quoted me was the exact same rate that I got via Disney direct, so I just went with Disney and planned myself. So you can imagine my amazement at these very good 50% off deals - can someone help explain to me? Thanks guys! :goodvibes

Lisa, we are agents, talking about the rates Disney gives to US. We have to have certain certifications in order to get these benefits.

And my favorite client is the one that goes ahead and books with Disney direct! Just kidding of course. Just to plant a seed, we do this to make a living...at least I do. I do it because I LOVE it, have a crazy obsession with Disney. My true favorite client is the one that has done all their own research, has called Disney to get prices, then calls me to book it...cause they know I will make money off of it.

That was me years ago, I made all the decisions, got the prices and called an agent to book it for me, because I knew they would make a commission. Oddly, I really had NO idea how it worked at all. So naturally, when I had an amazing chance to become one, I did.

I personally am fine with them coming out much later, as I don't want to put money down right now on a trip almost a year from now. But, we are doing a reunion and I need two rooms at a certain Resort, for certain dates. Usually I am super flexible, so I don't stress about it.

I can say I was happy with the rate this year for a 2 bedroom suite at Beach Club for first week in December.

Just wondering - that was in BCV right? I've asked for years to book the BC club level suites, even after check-in when it's been empty, and have always been told that policy says that lovely large suite at the end of the hall will sit empty before they discount it. That change would be something for me to really be excited about.

My true favorite client is the one that has done all their own research, has called Disney to get prices, then calls me to book it...cause they know I will make money off of it.

Or they know that a good TA will take the time to be available to resolve any issues and facilitate magic not only before and during their trip, but sometimes even after they've returned home.
Also that it's not a bad thing for an agent to "own" the reservation as it makes it easier to speak with room assigners/concierge/ect to put in a plug for an upgrade or other perk during their stay.

If you're not a TA, 50% off rack sounds really good, but we work hard for it every day, meeting and exceeding client expectations as we fill those rooms. Like any code, you have to know a deal when you see one and occassionally there are packages available to the public like free dining which provide a better value than a TA rate will for a given date/resort. I booked friends one summer using AP rates at BC, staying CL the same time we did, their rate was only $18 more than mine was and they didn't have to jump thru any hoops or work to get it.

Lisa, we are agents, talking about the rates Disney gives to US. We have to have certain certifications in order to get these benefits.

And my favorite client is the one that goes ahead and books with Disney direct! Just kidding of course. Just to plant a seed, we do this to make a living...at least I do. I do it because I LOVE it, have a crazy obsession with Disney. My true favorite client is the one that has done all their own research, has called Disney to get prices, then calls me to book it...cause they know I will make money off of it.

That was me years ago, I made all the decisions, got the prices and called an agent to book it for me, because I knew they would make a commission. Oddly, I really had NO idea how it worked at all. So naturally, when I had an amazing chance to become one, I did.

So correct me if I'm wrong, you make 50% off people booking with you? Why would I do all the hard work then book with a TA just to make them money? Can you offer your own discount? For instance, if disney is paying you sometimes thousands to spend an hour booking a reservation, why not pass some of that onto your clients? I may be missing something. Time is money, even for the person who makes his own reservations, so why go and give that to someone else by reserving with a TA after doing the hard work? I'm just totally confused now. I think I personally would drive myself nuts finding out about codes and waiting (or calling) to see if my TA found them too. Please tell me if I'm missing something! TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter