• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2009 Thanksgiving Week.....post Here Please!!

OrdainedDeacon

Earning My Ears
For all that are going Thanksgiving week of 2009 please post codes, discounts, strategies for codes, historical codes and discounts, etc. here.

With work and school allot of us have to go this week to minimize damage!:)

This will be the first time for us going Thanksgiving week!!

Anyone ever gotten a good discount code or vacation package for this week (AP, PIN, Disney Rewards Card, etc)???

THANKS!!

We booked with AAA rate for now. Hoping to get a better come from either AP, Pin, Disney Rewards Card, or even a Bounceback.

Last year when we went we booked so last minute we couldn't even get a AAA rate.

Hi, Possibly Tuesday - Monday, including Thanksgiving. Trying to off set a bit to get decent airfare! How late DID you book?? I have Nothing booked yet! Joan

For all that are going Thanksgiving week of 2009 please post codes, discounts, strategies for codes, historical codes and discounts, etc. here.

With work and school allot of us have to go this week to minimize damage!:)

This will be the first time for us going Thanksgiving week!!

Anyone ever gotten a good discount code or vacation package for this week (AP, PIN, Disney Rewards Card, etc)???

THANKS!!

We went two years ago and were able to get an AP discount for the Sunday and Monday night AFTER Thanksgiving. It helped! I think we paid $180/night at the WL Woods View Bunkbed room for those 2 nights.

We are going 11/20 - 12/5. Hoping for at least an AP rate for the 2nd week.

We are going Nov. 21-29. Just booked (room only) with AAA at POFQ. Hoping to get a deal that might come up in the summer, but booked rooms to make sure we at least got that discount. Anyone ever had any luck with codes or discounts for Thanksgiving week?

We are in the same situation with work and kids in elementary-college.
It's hard to find a time that works for everyone.

We went last year 22-29 I think, sat-sat. We ended up staying off site because I did not move fast enough on availible discounts. There were two I know of for sure. I had a pin code for a room discount that later became public that was avail as long as we checked in the saturday before thanksgiving. The freed dining with the Disney Visa was also availible if you checked in by that sat and could then carry it the rest of the week. There has often been a room only discount but only if you get checked in before thanksgiving. We are planning on going again this year 21-28 but we have not booked yet. I did not know you could get AAA during that time so i might check into that. We are holding out for a discount, but will pay full for a value if we have to. We did get a great rate in downtown disney offsite, but we really do prefer on. Good luck, I can't wait to get updates from this thread. It is an awesome week to go, the weather was great, the decorations beautiful. One thing we did find was there was an increased charge for all the buffets, some of which are our favorite. We plan on getting the DDP this time because it increases the savings even more when things are $5-6more per person.

Need to keep this thread active.
What are the crowds like Thanksgiving Day, and of course black Friday at WDW???

Anyone been the whole week of Thanksgiving before??
Crowd levels, best park on T-Day, etc.??

THANKS!!

We went Thanksgiving week last year and had a blast! We stayed Sat. thru Sat. and used the free dining. There's crowds, but it's very manageable. I think it's best to avoid MK on Thanksgiving day.

Our whole family is going Thanksgiving week 2009- there will be 11 of us. We haven't made reservations yet, but plan to stay at POFQ (gotta get on my brother- who is treating everyone to this family vacation!- to get on the reservations)
We've been Thanksgiving week before- 1999, 2001, and 2003- but only got discounts in 1999 I believe. Anyone had any luck in more recent years?

We have been during Thanksgiving twice. Each time we got a great code on a package. By getting the 4/3 deal (with 10 day NE) for our May trip we are going to upgrade to annual passes so I hope we can get a great room only code for this Thanksgiving.

Mousesavers shows the discounts for the packages last year were available 9/18 and the room only for passholders was 8/13.

PS - Got our first PIN number!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Unfortunately we can't use it..

Last year we booked the month before. When I called in the morning they had AAA still at POFQ but by the next day there were no AAA rates available for any moderates. We ended up at POR paying rack rate.

The crowds last year weren't too bad. The weather was cool so it makes standing in those long lines a lot more bearable than let's say if you went in July when its super hot. Yes it was crowded but we obviously liked it enough to go back this year! On Thanksgiving day we went to AK in the morning and Epcot that night. I plan on doing that again this year! On Black Friday we hit MK in the morning and Epcot at night. MK was pretty busy but it wasn't awful.

My family and I are going down for Thanksgiving week...11/21-11/28. This is our first trip during Thanksgiving. :yay: Does anyone know if you can apply a discount (40%, Free dining, etc.) to the entire week if the fine print states the discount is good through the Saturday before Thanksgiving? I believe I read the Disney Visa free dining was handled that way last year.

We are planning to have a trip this year during Thanksgiving week but still we are not decided because DH wants to go on Christmas season. Maybe his mind will change every now and then.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter