• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***2009*** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED NOV. 8

We attended the Party for the Senses on October 3rd, and I was wondering if anyone had a listing of the cheeses that were available at the two iGourmet stations?

Thanks in advance for any info. There were a few we tried and liked, but none of us remembered what they were.

I just attended last night's Party for the Senses, and will be doing a full review, but I thought the Wine View Lounge was totally worth it. Being solo, I loved knowing I had a table so I wouldn't have to eat standing up. I really enjoyed getting in a half hour early, I was able to try six things before the general public was let in, and lines formed at the stations. The premium bar, I didn't drink much, but I did have a coke and captain, and they were very generous with the pours. Servers came around about halfway through the event with the desserts of the evening, which were available to everyone, but it was nice not having to get up and get them. I really liked the hibiscus "welcome" cocktail, and am so happy they gave us jars of the flowers to take home, as well as a few other items. We also recieved an amuse bouche in the Lounge, which was nice.

:worship: Thank you so much for this post! It was just the information I was looking for. I'm so happy that I decided to upgrade.

So I'm confused was the premium bar a cash bar or were those drinks including in the $75?

:worship: Thank you so much for this post! It was just the information I was looking for. I'm so happy that I decided to upgrade.

So I'm confused was the premium bar a cash bar or were those drinks including in the $75?
The bar was included with the WVL. There was no additional cost for anything I mentioned.

The only thing I can think of that I'd like to see in the future is perhaps reserved seating for Illuminations. That would've made it perfect since I had to run out at the end to see it, and didn't have a very good view.

We attended the Party for the Senses on October 3rd, and I was wondering if anyone had a listing of the cheeses that were available at the two iGourmet stations?

Thanks in advance for any info. There were a few we tried and liked, but none of us remembered what they were.
Sorry, can't help. I know WVL had a brie, a cheddar, and a goat cheese, but I couldn't tell you the exact names, and I didn't try any from the general area. I wish the types had been listed in the programs.

For those planning EMH evenings at EPCOT, I just got back yesterday and last week's EMH at EPCOT was on Monday NOT Friday. I was not there on Monday but I think it's an excellent idea to try and keep the locals from crowding in on EMH night. Friday's EMH was AK. I think I brought the info home with me if anyone needs to know other days or parks.

Would love the EMH schedule if you still have it.
You can PM me or post here if you'd rather.
Be there in 19 days:woohoo:

We arrived at the check-in around 6 o'clock. We were ushered in immediately and given wrist bands and the magnetic "pin" (I think it was to let you in and out of the "fenced" area, but that area was closely guarded, so I don't really know if it served a purpose or not). We were seated in a holding area and given the signature cocktail, which we all agreed was too sweet. At about 6:15 we were all seated. The wine view was separated from the main room by a fence, which was guarded by Disney staff. We had a beautifully decorated table with the plates and wine glasses already in place. We had plenty of time to peruse the entire area before the rest of the PFTS people were let in (in fact, we were able to hear the opening announcer and see the running for the tables, which, in fact, did not seem to be as rushed as it was to me last year, being one of the "rushees"). I think that there were plenty of tables this year. The bar was a full liquor bar, but they also had Disney's house wines. The Prosecco at the bar was the one used for the "signature cocktail" and you could have it by itself or have the bartender give you the signature. The band "Act of Congress" that night was really fabulous. At the end of the evening, you were given a "goodie bag" with a brownie, a duo of chocolates, a jar of hibiscus flowers and hibiscus juice to enable you to replicate the "signature cocktail" , and an "autographed" photo of Starship. I loved everything about the Wine View room, and would do it again without question. To be able to just walk up to the event and enter without having to wait for the gates to open, to me, was worth every bit of the price.

What we were told abour PFTS is that last year they had about 1,200 people. This year the first one was 900 people and last Sat. it was also 900. They are thinking the reason is because the weekends have different themes.

This was our first F&W and we had a great time.

I took a photo of the cheese sign because we liked them too!
still in my camera, but hoping I can read them off the screen....OK:

Cotswald Cheddar (this was the dark, crumbly yellow)
provolone picantecheese (was sliced in wedges, white)
manchego cheese (hard)
regina bleu cheese
shamrock cheddar cheese (smoother yellow)

HTH!

my full review later!

We arrived at the check-in around 6 o'clock. We were ushered in immediately and given wrist bands and the magnetic "pin" (I think it was to let you in and out of the "fenced" area, but that area was closely guarded, so I don't really know if it served a purpose or not). We were seated in a holding area and given the signature cocktail, which we all agreed was too sweet. At about 6:15 we were all seated. The wine view was separated from the main room by a fence, which was guarded by Disney staff. We had a beautifully decorated table with the plates and wine glasses already in place. We had plenty of time to peruse the entire area before the rest of the PFTS people were let in (in fact, we were able to hear the opening announcer and see the running for the tables, which, in fact, did not seem to be as rushed as it was to me last year, being one of the "rushees"). I think that there were plenty of tables this year. The bar was a full liquor bar, but they also had Disney's house wines. The Prosecco at the bar was the one used for the "signature cocktail" and you could have it by itself or have the bartender give you the signature. The band "Act of Congress" that night was really fabulous. At the end of the evening, you were given a "goodie bag" with a brownie, a duo of chocolates, a jar of hibiscus flowers and hibiscus juice to enable you to replicate the "signature cocktail" , and an "autographed" photo of Starship. I loved everything about the Wine View room, and would do it again without question. To be able to just walk up to the event and enter without having to wait for the gates to open, to me, was worth every bit of the price.

I thought the 'wine view room' gave you access to 'premium' wines? Was that not accurate?

I took a photo of the cheese sign because we liked them too!
still in my camera, but hoping I can read them off the screen....OK:

Cotswald Cheddar (this was the dark, crumbly yellow)
provolone picantecheese (was sliced in wedges, white)
manchego cheese (hard)
regina bleu cheese
shamrock cheddar cheese (smoother yellow)

HTH!

my full review later!

Those cheeses seem kinda generic, for lack of a better word (not that I wouldn't eat them anyway!). I recall at the PFTS I attended several years back there were far better cheeses, among them a fantastic triple creme brie-type, humbolt fog and stilton!

The festival beer has some blackberry and citrus flavors but it is not blackberry wit. It does not have as strong a blackberry taste.

I could taste the citrus didn't know what the other flovor was. We were pretty surprised and disappointed that it was a fruity beer this year.

Was the F&W Festival going on for EMH?
Hope someone else can answer this I wasn't there on Monday.
Last year the kiosks closed at 10:00

I did and I have to say I think it was the VILEST thing I have ever tasted in my life! Maybe I am not a bourbon girl! :laughing:

The Parisian Cosmo and the Dragon Berry Colada got two thumbs up from me though! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
LOL! I didn't taste any fruit the bourbon was so strong!
I'm going to NOLA in the Spring, I'll have to try a real one.

The mangogingerita in China is still my fav. so glad they added it to the tea stand.

Would love the EMH schedule if you still have it.
You can PM me or post here if you'd rather.
Be there in 19 days:woohoo:
I'll bring that from home and post it tomorrow

Unless I am reading this incorrectly, the bar in the Wine View Room features spirits, not wine (except maybe for the prosecco). I don't know if the folks reporting didn't ask for wine from the bar, or if the bar just didn't have wine.

Standing by the decision to not use the Wine View Room on 10/31. I don't really like having the desserts served because it's pretty cool to go out and meet the chefs. Last year some guy from one of the resorts was serving Indiana Jones chocolate truffles. He had this whole setup where he'd built a cave thing and he'd put the chocolate truffle on it and it would roll down the mountain and get coated with cocoa powder in the process, like that big round rock that nearly flattens Indy. If those had been served to me I would have missed the show.

Not even going to try to get a table, so I won't be in the rush when the gates open - will wander in after all that is over. But attendance does seem to be down this year, at least at the first parties.

What we were told abour PFTS is that last year they had about 1,200 people. This year the first one was 900 people and last Sat. it was also 900. They are thinking the reason is because the weekends have different themes.

This was our first F&W and we had a great time.

Meaning that 1200 tickets were available but only 900 sold? WDW isn't maybe keeping the count to 900 on purpose?

Meaning that 1200 tickets were available but only 900 sold? WDW isn't maybe keeping the count to 900 on purpose?

I heard there were only 600 at this past Sat's PFTS....by multiple Disney folks - and they all said they blame the economy....

Also anybody trying the Sazarac Cocktail at the New Orleans kiosk :scared1:
I'm not a light weight and I had to throw away half of it, and it's little!
Unless you like Maker's Mark practically straight save your $8.25.

I ususally get my Sazerac cocktails at Galatoire's or the Sazerac Bar (in New Orleans). Yes, bourbon is the predominant flavor. A good one is made thusly (and I doubt they go to the trouble at EPCOT):

1/2 teaspoon absinthe, or Herbsaint
1 teaspoon of simple syrup
4 dashes Peychaud's bitters
2 ounces rye whiskey.
Strip of lemon peel

Might be a few factors for attendance being down:

The economy;

The return of the signature dinners for those who prefer a sit-down meal;

The nightmare last year with too many comps and overcrowded parties and people fighting over the chairs. That turned off a lot of those who used to love the PFTS. Might be the main reason tickets to the wine view room are selling like the proverbial hotcakes. Disney might consider expanding the wine view room next year if they want to keep the party in the format it's in now.

Also, I really don't know what it is they're serving at the New Orleans kiosk but it is not a Sazerac. They can't even call it that - if you look at the menu it says Sazerazz. When you see "razz" then you can probably assume they're using that raspberry flavoring stuff which I don't see listed in the ingredients Steve-o posted.

My own rule is that if I want a cocktail I will not buy one from the kiosks because you pay full price for it but you get half the size. A real bar will give you a full serving for about the same price.

Anyone know if the Apple Strudel at the Germany kiosk is the same one served at Sommerfest? If the info I'm reading is correct, that means the one at the kiosk is $1.41 more, kind of silly.

Anyone know if the Apple Strudel at the Germany kiosk is the same one served at Sommerfest? If the info I'm reading is correct, that means the one at the kiosk is $1.41 more, kind of silly.

In years past it has been. You can also get the apple strudel at the Beirgarten buffet.

I ususally get my Sazerac cocktails at Galatoire's or the Sazerac Bar (in New Orleans). Yes, bourbon is the predominant flavor. A good one is made thusly (and I doubt they go to the trouble at EPCOT):

1/2 teaspoon absinthe, or Herbsaint
1 teaspoon of simple syrup
4 dashes Peychaud's bitters
2 ounces rye whiskey.
Strip of lemon peel

What perfect timming DH and I just decided this morning that we're going to New Orleans in the Spring. It's his first time and my first trip since I was a little girl. I have taken note of those two bars and will be stopping in for a real Sacerac Cocktail. I believe I can handle it now that I know what it's supposed to taste like, I was just expecting it to be sweet from the CM description.

If you're following DisneyEveryDay's blog from her link on the review board you alrady know this. To get a real Festival guide like the one's they've had in the past you have to ask for them. I had heard that they have them at the front gate and "other" locations but didn't see any at the front. Our first stop was the festival center so I asked at the register they sent me to the information desk where you have to ask for one they don't have them sitting out. The weekly guide dosen't have the map with the food booths listed. That's what I always use most in the festival guide. I'd be happy if they just printed a map with food/drink listings with out all of the other stuff. Hope they don't decide to stop printing that one though.

I have a weekly guide right in front of me and it does have the map and menu listings for the booths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter