2009 -Disney Announced Get in Free on Your Birthday

Easier said than done, there is no way I would ever be able to go on anyone's birthday in my family since they are all during school time and DH is a teacher and DD is in kindergarten.

I think I would have taken my odds with YOMD than this birthday promotion. I live in RI so its not like this would ever be of value to me. Like some other posters stated it will be more for people in driving distance to WDW.

Oh my kids are also school aged with school year bdays..this is just an exception that dd will turn 5 in '09, during easter break (well, ON easter). Not that we could afford a trip during peak season, or would want to deal with those crowds. So I can also say, no we could never take the kids on their birthdays either. I'm just saying if someone wants it badly enough they could make it happen...you could go to WDW every day for the entire year of yoamd and never win anything.

It was a disappointing announcement for us. Thought it would be something more exciting, especially having to follow YoaMD.

Same here. I saw it this morning on the dailybuzz a news show with a disney rep the kids were almost late to school cause I stopped to watch. I was like is that it. I'm just happy that we are going and DH will be with us. Id the Army doesn't intervene AGAIN.

I hate wall-to-wall crowds. I've sworn that I'll never go when crowds are that bad. Because of that reason, I'll never go on Christmas day. Now Disney is saying I can get in for free on my birthday! But guess what day my birthday is?? You guessed it - Christmas day. One promotion that just doesn't work for me, bring back the dream team!

Yes, the amount is supposed to be the value of a 1 day base ticket-around 80 for an adult so a nice dinner on Disney!

You can get the Birthday Fun Card if you show a valid AP or multi-day ticket. It CANNOT be used on food -- only merchandise and only at select locations.

I think you can get the fun card regardless of whether or not you are an AP holder as long as you are going into a park with the AP or regular ticket, so it is a good gift. Yes, the amount is supposed to be the value of a 1 day base ticket-around 80 for an adult so a nice dinner on Disney!

Sorry, I was reading the rules this morning and it says it can't be used on dining. Only merchandise and there are limits there too. I think all of the infor is on the AP website, plus you can register there too. (I too thought the dining part would be great).

Use of birthday fun card is acceptance of its terms and conditions.

1. Card valid only on day issued.

2. You may use the Birthday Fun Card only towards the purchase of merchandise items at participating merchandise locations owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the payment of Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort Hotel room night folio charges, or a Disney Cruise Line® reservation aboard Disney Cruise Line®, or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, alcohol, cigarettes, spa services and products, or personal services such as face painting, caricature drawings, hair braiding, and hair wrapping.

3. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Walt Disney World® Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers, Basin, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghiradelli, House of Blues, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson Store, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Starabillias, Sunglass Icon, Surrey Bike Rental, Virgin Megastore, Wyland Galleries and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort.

4. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Disneyland® Resort Operating Participant locations or any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Disneyland® Resort, including but not limited to, Midway Games, Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts & Crystal d'Orleans), Paradise Pier Face Painting, Airbrush Tattoos, Rubio Portrait Artist or at Downtown Disney® District locations except World of Disney® Store, Marceline's Confectionery, and the Downtown Disney® District Pin Cart. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Disneyland® Resort outdoor vending carts.

5. No portion of the Birthday Fun Card balances will be redeemed for cash.

6. The terms of acceptance of the Birthday Fun Card by participating Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort locations may vary, check with individual locations for Birthday Fun Card program participation details.

7. The Birthday Fun Card will not be replaced if lost or stolen, except as may be required by law.

8. A damaged Birthday Fun Card will only be replaced if the original card is presented on the day such card was issued to the Guest Relations Lobby at Disney's California Adventure® Park or City Hall at Disneyland® Park.

9. The Birthday Fun Card may not be resold in any manner whatsoever.

10. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney Dollars or gift certificates/cards.

11. The Birthday Fun Card is issued by and represents an obligation of Disney Gift Card Services, Inc.

12. The Birthday Fun Card is not a credit or debit card and carries no warranties, express or implied.

13. Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your birthday fun card.

Sorry, I was reading the rules this morning and it says it can't be used on dining. Only merchandise and there are limits there too. I think all of the infor is on the AP website, plus you can register there too. (I too thought the dining part would be great).

Use of birthday fun card is acceptance of its terms and conditions.

1. Card valid only on day issued.

2. You may use the Birthday Fun Card only towards the purchase of merchandise items at participating merchandise locations owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the payment of Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort Hotel room night folio charges, or a Disney Cruise Line® reservation aboard Disney Cruise Line®, or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, alcohol, cigarettes, spa services and products, or personal services such as face painting, caricature drawings, hair braiding, and hair wrapping.

3. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Walt Disney World® Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers, Basin, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghiradelli, House of Blues, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson Store, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Cafe, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Starabillias, Sunglass Icon, Surrey Bike Rental, Virgin Megastore, Wyland Galleries and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort.

4. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Disneyland® Resort Operating Participant locations or any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Disneyland® Resort, including but not limited to, Midway Games, Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts & Crystal d'Orleans), Paradise Pier Face Painting, Airbrush Tattoos, Rubio Portrait Artist or at Downtown Disney® District locations except World of Disney® Store, Marceline's Confectionery, and the Downtown Disney® District Pin Cart. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Disneyland® Resort outdoor vending carts.

5. No portion of the Birthday Fun Card balances will be redeemed for cash.

6. The terms of acceptance of the Birthday Fun Card by participating Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort locations may vary, check with individual locations for Birthday Fun Card program participation details.

7. The Birthday Fun Card will not be replaced if lost or stolen, except as may be required by law.

8. A damaged Birthday Fun Card will only be replaced if the original card is presented on the day such card was issued to the Guest Relations Lobby at Disney's California Adventure® Park or City Hall at Disneyland® Park.

9. The Birthday Fun Card may not be resold in any manner whatsoever.

10. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney Dollars or gift certificates/cards.

11. The Birthday Fun Card is issued by and represents an obligation of Disney Gift Card Services, Inc.

12. The Birthday Fun Card is not a credit or debit card and carries no warranties, express or implied.

13. Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your birthday fun card.

Thanks. Still a good deal though

You can get the Birthday Fun Card if you show a valid AP or multi-day ticket. It CANNOT be used on food -- only merchandise and only at select locations.

And, you have to fill out registeration paperwork, either in person or in advance. If you do it in advance you get an email with a barcode on it that has to be turned in. All of the info is on the AP website now.

I was just there on my birthday and nothing! I guess I missed it by a year!

Blah, I'll be missing it by a year too =/ In these tough times, I can't afford another WDW trip in 2009, even if I get an $80-limited-use gift card. Won't offset the cost for flying the family there. Here's hoping the YOAMD gods bestow a dream upon me this year. princess:

Just heard on the news that a woman tried to register her "adopted" son(11) and was denied because of "place of birth". Disney said they are working on the problem,,,yeah right. ºOº

Here's downside to this...A person born on leap year (Feb 29th) is getting a raw deal because if that person's been going say every year the last week in Feb then they only will only be able to get in every 4 years unless Disney is only doing this promotion for 1 year only then that person won't be able to get in at all this coming year because 2009 is not a leap year. ºOº

We are going the end of Jan. celebrating DD's 11th Bday.(we planned on celebrating the whole week!LOL) We will leave on the 29th and her birthday is on the 31st. So, she is out of luck right? We are AP holders so she would probably want the "fun card". I haven't bought airfare yet so I could technically change our dates.

A little off topic but still along the same lines....now that the year of a million dreams is over, what do you guys think will happen to the "Dream Team"?

A little off topic but still along the same lines....now that the year of a million dreams is over, what do you guys think will happen to the "Dream Team"?

I asked that to one of the Dream Squad members and they told me they just go back to whatever position they had prior to becoming a Dream Squad member or get re-assigned to a new position. ºOº

We are going the end of Jan. celebrating DD's 11th Bday.(we planned on celebrating the whole week!LOL) We will leave on the 29th and her birthday is on the 31st. So, she is out of luck right? We are AP holders so she would probably want the "fun card". I haven't bought airfare yet so I could technically change our dates.

If you aren't going to be going into the parks on the 31st, her actual birthday, than yes she is out of luck.

As far as people with Leap Year birthdays I would imagine and hope that WDW will accept either the 2/28 or 3/1 as an acceptable birthdate for the Leap Year birthdays.

I think this is a pretty lame promotion , and I am a local. I liked the YOMD much, much better. At least you had the possibility of winning great things, and I loved the dream squad so much. Even when they weren't in "prize mode" they were still the greatest cast members to interact with, so friendly and enthusiastic. This is such a downer compared to the last two years. That being said, I'm still going to drive down to the park for my birthday, and use my "birthday fun card" to buy $75 worth of pins, thats a pretty decent birthday present, but still not as exciting as a potential castle stay! princess:

I think this is a pretty lame promotion , and I am a local. I liked the YOMD much, much better. At least you had the possibility of winning great things, and I loved the dream squad so much. Even when they weren't in "prize mode" they were still the greatest cast members to interact with, so friendly and enthusiastic. This is such a downer compared to the last two years. That being said, I'm still going to drive down to the park for my birthday, and use my "birthday fun card" to buy $75 worth of pins, thats a pretty decent birthday present, but still not as exciting as a potential castle stay! princess:

I had 4 Disney trips during the YOMD and didn't get a single dream. In all those trips, only one Dream Team member ever struck up a conversation with us. So I'm not really going to miss that promotion :rotfl:

At least with this promo, people can choose take matters into their own hands and guarantee they are a part of the promotion.

(disclaimer: I don't go to WDW expecting anything special and it has become a big joke in my family that we're apparently Dream Team repellant. Just wanted to make sure that didn't come off as sour grapes that we didn't get our fair share of fastpasses, ears or pins. We really do laugh about it.)

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad - we already planned out trip and bought tickets etc..... for my birthday except we are actually going down the day after my birthday! I am going to call and make a big stink as my b'day is the first week of January and we would obviously have to plan the trip in advance (it is also a birthday trip for my son whose b'day is actually in February).

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO mad - we already planned out trip and bought tickets etc..... for my birthday except we are actually going down the day after my birthday! I am going to call and make a big stink as my b'day is the first week of January and we would obviously have to plan the trip in advance (it is also a birthday trip for my son whose b'day is actually in February).

Good luck complaining,,,won't do you any good. You think Disney doesn't know ALOT of people already have planned and confirmed reservations. They do. Do they care?? NOOOOOO.....If they made an exception for you and let you in free on your "un-B-day" They'd have to do it for ALL.
ºOº

So this is probably a no but they're not going to supply a room or a ticket for my hubby are they?

If not can someone tell me how much 1 day at Epcot is.

So this is probably a no but they're not going to supply a room or a ticket for my hubby are they?

If not can someone tell me how much 1 day at Epcot is.

Is it your husband's birthday? If yes he gets a free ticket, if no he doesn't. In no case do you get a free room.

As for prices, see Everything About WDW Tickets. A 1-day 1-park ticket is $75 but adding days to a multi-day ticket is significantly less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter