2009 Discussion-We'll make time fly by!

I need some opinions PURLEES:mic: . For the following ADR's I know I where I want to go but can't decide on breakfast, lunch or dinner so I need some input from the experts:worship:

CRT - breakfast, lunch or dinner
Chef Mickey's - breakfast or dinner
50's PT - lunch or dinner
Kona Cafe - breakfast, lunch or dinner
LTT - lunch or dinner

Thank in advance for your help guys:flower3: .

My first three ADRs that I am going to make are
Crystal Palace for early bk - we did this last year and loved it
Garden Grill for late lunch - my youngest son's suggestion
Norway Princess lunch - my oldest can eat something in our culture (he is obsessed with being scandinavian)
Shoot I have so many more I am looking at a total of 8 meals that require ADR's and that is without me changing my mind a hundred times, but these are the three that are must do's.

Garden Grill is one of my favorites - it's on my list for the next trip too! :thumbsup2

I've heard lunch is better than dinner at Sci-Fi, we had dinner, so maybe that's why. In my opinion, the atmosphere is what really draws people in, but the food is only so-so. We took a chance, tried it and didn't like it, other people may have a different experience. All you can do is live and learn.

Yes, we've only had lunch there. Maybe that does make a difference. Another place people rave about is Crystal Palace but we didn't really like it. You're right - you have to give it a chance and see how it goes. Probably with restaurants you have to give it two chances because anyone can have an off day. We should probably try Crystal Palace again - maybe for breakfast?

I need some opinions PURLEES:mic: . For the following ADR's I know I where I want to go but can't decide on breakfast, lunch or dinner so I need some input from the experts:worship:

LTT - lunch or dinner

We love Chef Mickey's for dinner - but I haven't had breakfast there so I can't compare. I just love those mashed potatos! :thumbsup2 I'd be interested to hear what people recommend for CRT.

We enjoyed Chef Mickey's for breakfast, we did it as a brunch. Yummy food!! Pretty sure we'll be trying it for dinner in '09.

We LOVED Kona dinner - and it's a GREAT deal on the DDP if you're doing that. My Filet alone was almost $30!! I have heard great things about their breakfast, too, though.

Anyone with opinions on CRT breakfast vs. lunch?

I need your guys opinions. In May I could book our room only because we would hit our 500 day mark. Since I already know I will be wanting a package (we are doing the dining plan) shouldn't I just wait until the packages are released in August. Last trip we booked the room only and then turned around and booked the package but then Disney had to refund our room only deposit and I had to put a new deposit down. To me it would just be easier to wait. Any reason you can think of to book as soon as I hit the 500 day mark?

I think the only reason to book room-only, then to switch to a package is if you were going at a super-busy time (Christmas, Easter break, etc.) or you want a room category that there is not many of. That way you're guaranteed to get what you want. For a less busy time, or general room category, I don't see much point in doing room only first. Oh, I guess maybe another reason to do it would be if you're going very early in the year - Jan/Feb. Package rates will come out less than 6 months before those trips, so it might be beneficial in that case to get what you want. Also to book ADR's at 180+10 - you have to be staying onsite for that and the ADR date would be before packages come out.

I don't think time of year applies to you, so unless you want a very specific room category, I'd say just wait for packages. We did for our 2007 trip and will be waiting again this year.

I am looking at an October 2009 trip and I am already excited! We went in 2006 and it was a totally wonderful trip. We rented DVC points at the Boardwalk and will rent points at Wilderness Lodge this time if I can get them. My kids will be 7 and 5 then and I think they are gonna have a blast! I hope by then there are even more new things to see.

I need your guys opinions. In May I could book our room only because we would hit our 500 day mark. Since I already know I will be wanting a package (we are doing the dining plan) shouldn't I just wait until the packages are released in August. Last trip we booked the room only and then turned around and booked the package but then Disney had to refund our room only deposit and I had to put a new deposit down. To me it would just be easier to wait. Any reason you can think of to book as soon as I hit the 500 day mark?

I think the only reason to book room-only, then to switch to a package is if you were going at a super-busy time (Christmas, Easter break, etc.) or you want a room category that there is not many of. That way you're guaranteed to get what you want. For a less busy time, or general room category, I don't see much point in doing room only first. Oh, I guess maybe another reason to do it would be if you're going very early in the year - Jan/Feb. Package rates will come out less than 6 months before those trips, so it might be beneficial in that case to get what you want. Also to book ADR's at 180+10 - you have to be staying onsite for that and the ADR date would be before packages come out.

I don't think time of year applies to you, so unless you want a very specific room category, I'd say just wait for packages. We did for our 2007 trip and will be waiting again this year.

I agree with sandym. I think unless you are booking at a super busy time and the room you want has limited avail...there is no reason. It seems like a pain to have to call and get things rearranged once the packages are released.

I have to call as soon as 09 rates are released due to the fact that we have a trip booked for this year but my school break starts later than when I booked. wAH! So, I get to put that ressie towards an 09 ressie.

Does anyone know if we can add people to an existing reservation?

I am looking at an October 2009 trip and I am already excited! We went in 2006 and it was a totally wonderful trip. We rented DVC points at the Boardwalk and will rent points at Wilderness Lodge this time if I can get them. My kids will be 7 and 5 then and I think they are gonna have a blast! I hope by then there are even more new things to see.

:welcome:
Boardwalk is my DH's dream resort. I am too skeptical to rent points from someone...I am afraid I am going to get ripped off. I wish I wasn't this way...but I have been duped before. (nothing to do with renting points :P)

The Wilderness Lodge is gorgeous!! Your kids will love it!:lovestruc

LTT - lunch or dinner

I left DSs with DH and DD and I went for lunch to CRT. It was fabulous!!! The service and food was delicious! We went back to the resort and swam for the afternoon.

Chef Mickey's is great for dinner. Lots of food choices made it a great choice for kids. Make early ressies and get lots of attention. We saw each character a total of about 5 or 6 times.

We did LTT for dinner and is was a relaxing meal. Thanksgiving type with characters galore. The salad is best on property, IMO.

Kona was great for breakfast, but I want to do it foe dinner. The menu sounds divine and it sound like it would be a good night our for DH and me while kids are off to the Neverland Club, hehe.

Good luck! We have lots of time to decide, but that is half the fun - the planning of it all. :yay:

I left DSs with DH and DD and I went for lunch to CRT. It was fabulous!!! The service and food was delicious! We went back to the resort and swam for the afternoon.

Good to hear, this is what I'm leaning toward! DH and DS definitely won't go - but then they can just use their CS for lunch, like we will be every other day. DD and I will be OOP for CRT. I'm thinking maybe an early lunch (I'll have to see how early it starts), and then schedule a little bit later dinner - this will be the only day with 2 TS (and only for the 2 of us).

The only thing that makes me think about doing CRT breakfast - getting into the park before it opens for the photo op. But I'm really not a big breakfast eater. It would be easier to eat dinner this way though....

OK just checked and breakfast goes until 11:15, lunch starts at 12. I just can't make up my mind!!!!!!!!!! Good thing I have awhile, LOL!

Good to hear, this is what I'm leaning toward! DH and DS definitely won't go - but then they can just use their CS for lunch, like we will be every other day. DD and I will be OOP for CRT. I'm thinking maybe an early lunch (I'll have to see how early it starts), and then schedule a little bit later dinner - this will be the only day with 2 TS (and only for the 2 of us).

The only thing that makes me think about doing CRT breakfast - getting into the park before it opens for the photo op. But I'm really not a big breakfast eater. It would be easier to eat dinner this way though....

OK just checked and breakfast goes until 11:15, lunch starts at 12. I just can't make up my mind!!!!!!!!!! Good thing I have awhile, LOL!

Hmm, now I'm thinking an 11:00 brunch? :idea:

I'm having trouble finding the breakdown of the DDP. I printed something out back in '07 (we were supposed to go then) that was a list of each meal along with how many credits the meal would be. Has anyone else seen this? Do you know where I can find it? I checked out All Ears, but had no luck :confused3

You can get a 2008 dining brochure on the Walt Disney Resort website. Can't remember exactly where it is, though--I searched a little. You can also find it if you Google "2008 Disney Dining Plan Brochure".

Our 2009 trip has now been permanently relocated to April. The reason being job conflicts. I am soooo nervous... Easter is April 12th next year. Can anyone shed any light into the crowd possibilities and when might be the BEST time (less crowded) in April?? I was thinking the later the better and we might dodge *MOST* of the spring break crowds. Opinions anyone??? TIA!

Our 2009 trip has now been permanently relocated to April. The reason being job conflicts. I am soooo nervous... Easter is April 12th next year. Can anyone shed any light into the crowd possibilities and when might be the BEST time (less crowded) in April?? I was thinking the later the better and we might dodge *MOST* of the spring break crowds. Opinions anyone??? TIA!

That is a good question...personally, I think that the last week of April would be best. Spring Break is over, Easter is over and the kiddos are all back in school.:)

If you go on Disney's resort website, I'm pretty sure there is a page that tells you what the crowd levels could possibly be for certain times.

I am so glad that I am not the only one planning for 2009. My DH thinks I am insane! I just can't wait to get back!! We stayed at the Wilderness this past July. Our next trip will be June of '09. (We have to go in the summer since I am a teacher.)
Does anyone know how early you can book rooms in advance? We are thinking about staying at the All Star Music family suites since there are six of us and the kids are to young to stay in a room by themselves. I am worried about not getting a room there since there are not a ton of the suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter