• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2009 Confirmed Snacks in/**PLEASE POST 2010 HERE UNTIL A NEW THREAD IS STARTED***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! DH and I were just talking about this yesterday and trying to figure out what was considered a snack and what wasn't. This is so helpful!! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for this list! When we went in 2005 we used most of our snack credits for sodas, now I know better. I'm getting hungry just reading it all, yum!!! princess:

Thanks for putting up the 2009 info jjohnson!!:thumbsup2

I used your 2008 list like a pro in September. I can't tell you how many people were like, "You can use a snack credit on that???"

And I'd pull out my piece of paper and go, "Yes, its on the list (and no I don't have an extra copy:lmao: )

I'm going twice this year, so a double thanks to you. :worship:

This will be our second trip, first with snack credits. We went to goofys last sept. and got some make your own creations. I can't believe they changed it to one pretzel rod, but that you still get a huge honkin rice crispy treat. I got one of those and couldn't even eat it as it was SO swet. I was planning on getting pretzel rods this year, so if it is only 1 for a snack credit I will buy them oop instead.
Thank you so much for the list!

FYI, We were told yesterday that Figaro Fries at Pinoccios(sp) Village Haus were no longer a Snack item and we were not able to use or snack credit for them.

Did you happen to notice if they removed the DP symbol from the menu?

Thanks for putting up the 2009 info jjohnson!!:thumbsup2

I used your 2008 list like a pro in September. I can't tell you how many people were like, "You can use a snack credit on that???"

And I'd pull out my piece of paper and go, "Yes, its on the list (and no I don't have an extra copy:lmao: )

I'm going twice this year, so a double thanks to you. :worship:

I do the same thing. I keep it folded up right in my cargos to have it available for my "snack attacks"

Uh oh--for me the figaro fries and the other non sweet items as snacks are a make or break for me in choosing the QS DDP. Without that kind of flexibility I won't be purchasing it. If anyone is going soon, or just returned, please check to see if the DDP symbol is no longer posted next to things like figaro fries and breadsticks at Pizzafari.

Hi Everyone!

I just returned from our wonderful 1st WDW trip...Jan. 18-25.....and the pretzel rods are on the DDP are INCLUDED! 3 where included as one snack credit! MMMM...so good! Actually used our 4 remaining snack credits there with no questions asked.....:cool1:

Thanks Jody,

That is a admirable undertaking this early in the season to have that many confirmed snacks. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Don't know if this is posted:
POFQ* beignets new snack credits
3 pc.=1 snack credit
6 pc.=2 snack credits
When we were here in Sept. 2008 the 6 pc. was just 1 snack credit
*Assuming it's the same at POR:confused3

Thank you for the updates everyone. I'll update the OP. I'm also changing Goofy's back to 3 pretzel rods.

I read on another thread of someone purchasing an individual box of cereal but the milk was not included. They were charged 2 snack credits:sad2: Can someone else confirm this as that poster has not responded to me where it occurred. TIA

Last week, at Sleepy Hollow, we got a funnel cake for a snack credit, even though it is now $4.19. Also had the cappucino float (already listed). At Main Street Bakery, got the banana bread pudding (already listed), a rocky road brownie, large latte, and strawberries and cream smoothie, for 4 snack credits. At Main Street Ice Cream Shop, had double scoop in a bowl for 1 snack credit. At Goofy's candy co, used 2 snack credits for huge lollipop and Chocolate and M&M dipped marshmallows (4) on a Mickey straw. At a cart at Hollywood Studios, we used snack credits for a premium Mickey Bar, a chocolate dipped frozen banana, and a strawberry frozen fruit bar. The only problem I had was the Main Street Confectionary wouldn't take a snack credit for a bag of character gummies, even though the price was $2.95, because it was "4 servings."

If anyone is going soon, or just returned, please check to see if the DDP symbol is no longer posted next to things like figaro fries and breadsticks at Pizzafari.

We just returned home yesterday and I can say that the Figaro Fries are definitely not on the DDP list .... I looked at the menu ... and ASKED as well. Major bummer. That being said, we sure didn't go hungry. :sad2:

Other notes:

Over all, I think the CM's are just getting used to the new limitations. You "may" get a CM that doesn't know the new ways, but it seemed that they have been told to strictly enforce the new rules. We found several CM's asking supervisors/other CM's questions and then saying "no".

We tried to get a Funnel Cake at Sleep Hollow earlier this week and were told they are no longer allowed.

We had lots of snack credits to use before we left and found that the boxes of cookies (5"x7"ish) and boxes of mints(2"x3"ish) from the gift shops are no longer allowed ... at least not the boxes we used to get. The very small boxes of cookies (animal cracker-sized boxes) and tiny boxes of mints (1"x2") ARE allowed. There is also a cute little Fat Mickey candy dispenser that is allowed. (However, PEZ dispensers are not). Bags of candy ($2.95) are no longer valid as they are labeled "Family Size". They do sell strips of 4 small bags (fruit snack sized-bags), but they are cash only. Bummer for my kids that loved getting sour balls in years past.

Also, at least at Pop Century in the dining area, they have small bags of DIVVIES jelly beans allowable with Snack Credits.

Also, at Pop Century, Worms and Dirt and the Fruit and Yogurt Parfait are no longer snack credits and Nachos and Cheese are no longer served -- however there is a Super Nacho meal on certain nights that is QSDDP.

France.... we were able to get one pastry with one snack credit. SO yummy, but filling; we shared it. :thumbsup2

With Valentine's Day coming up, there are also chocolate-covered heart-shaped Rice Krispie treats in many of the gift shops -- and they ARE allowable with snack credits. They come dipped in chocolate, white chocolate or red candy coating.

Regarding Goofy's Candy Co in DTD .... we were told that anything in the glass cases except for the carmeled apples was allowable with Snack Credits. My kids especially enjoyed the dipped (3)marshmallows (M&M's!) on the Mickey staws. Drinks (including coffees) and a section of small bags of dried fruits, nuts, candies, cookies, etc are also allowable. The sour candy sugars that you put in the tubes is NOT allowed ... not even the 6" tubes.

If you are looking for a carmeled or candied apple on a snack credit, go to Starring Rolls in DHS ... they are ALLOWABLE there! (the desserts there are fabulous too!)

The one item we found over $4 that was allowed was a Sweet Cream pretzel in Fantasyland - $4.29. Can't remember the name of the stand, but will dig through my receipts later and find out.

That's all I can remember right now, but I'll be back after I have had a chance to sort receipts.

Thank you for the updates everyone. I'll update the OP. I'm also changing Goofy's back to 3 pretzel rods.

I read on another thread of someone purchasing an individual box of cereal but the milk was not included. They were charged 2 snack credits:sad2: Can someone else confirm this as that poster has not responded to me where it occurred. TIA

That is correct, 2 snack credits for one pint of milk and one small cereal ... we found this to be true at Pop Century. (A half gallon of milk is $2.99)

Also, they no longer have the packets of peanut butter for free. They are 50 cents (in the dairy case). They do still have packets of strawberry and grape jelly and packets of honey for free (in the fountain drink area).

Thank you again for the updates. It seems Disney is slowly removing the "real food" from the DP snack options.

Oh no, now I am getting worried! We will be going in March and I wrestled with the decision to add the QSDP. Finally, I added it and payed the final payment on my vacation (this past Wednesday!) and now it looks like there might not be any good snacks left on the plan when we get there! :sad: We mostly got the plan to save us the trouble of adding up every penny when we looked at the menus but I don't want to get there and be limited to cokes and popcorn after spending that kind of money! Do you think they will take the pastries and other similar snacks off before we go? Does anyone know if you can still get snacks from World Showcase? We don't care about the family size cookie bags or anything but we were really looking forward to soft pretzels, pastries, ice cream cookie sandwiches, etc. What do you think? I guess it's too late to worry about it now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter