2009 begone - please!

I'll say a prayer that 2010 is a better one for you. I'm also hoping for better things in 2010 although it seems your 2009 was much harder than mine. Hoping for a better year for all of us.

DH and I said we can not wait to see 2009 go. DH's only sister was in an awful car accident in February and we lost her and her long time boyfriend of 13 years. They lived in CA so we did not get to see them a lot. Really regret that. I lost my job in February and have just been temping for the past few weeks. It ends this month so hopefully I will find somethign else soon. DH is back to contract work again and we never know if he will be picked up. Neither one of us has benefits. Blahh... good riddance 2009. My friend came to stay at the Poly for Thanksgiving (she paid) and we could not even enjoy that.

:hug:to you and yours. I do understand how it seems to pour when it rains. You deserve a BIG hug.

I had this kind of year in 2002/2003. Lost my cat, mother, job and father in less than 6 months. I survived it but now when I look back I wonder how. We are so much stronger than we believe, and our faith is what can keep us strong.

Hang in there.... :cloud9:

What a hard year you've had, I admire your strength. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Seems like 2009 hasn't been a good year for anyone. Sayonara, 2009!!

2009 has sucked for me too....I had surgery to remove a lump on my thyroid--in the OR they did a frozen section and did not think it was cancer, fast forward 2 weeks, Dr's office tells me it's cancer. I have surgery #2 scheduled on December 18, for basically the same operation, to remove the other half. Then radiation, oh boy!

While out on medical leave, I found out my company is closing our site and moving to NC, so they can pay people 1/3 of the wages people in my office are earning. I will be out of a job as of April. The worst was that right after my first surgery my favorite uncle died, and I could do nothing (no wake, funeral, nada). I can't even list all of the other stuff that went wrong in 2009.

So OP, I feel your pain--here's hoping 2010 is awesome for everyone. Sorry to hear your 2009, was crap-tac-ular too.

Thank you, disfriends, every one of you. :grouphug: Seems like quite a few of us have had a less than stellar 2009. I'll remember all of you in my prayers, too. Thanks for letting me vent! I still have my daughter, my dad and my sister but they worry if I tell them how down I feel sometimes; it's good to get it off my chest, and not have someone fret over it because if I let the down times come, and acknowledge them, they seem to go away faster.

Here's to a healing, healthy and happy 2010. Oh, one more prayer, please, my nephew's been deployed to Afghanistan - pray with me that he comes home in the same shape he left, physically and mentally. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Here's to a healing, healthy and happy 2010. Oh, one more prayer, please, my nephew's been deployed to Afghanistan - pray with me that he comes home in the same shape he left, physically and mentally. Thanks! :thumbsup2

You got it!

Oh gosh, vent away, you more than deserve it.:hug: In fact, I'd say you sound pretty darn great all things considered. Take care and vent anytime you need to - I do believe it helps! (It always seems that way to me, anyway.)

Here's hoping ALL have a wonderful, peaceful, and calm 2010.:thumbsup2:)

2009 has sucked for me too....I had surgery to remove a lump on my thyroid--in the OR they did a frozen section and did not think it was cancer, fast forward 2 weeks, Dr's office tells me it's cancer. I have surgery #2 scheduled on December 18, for basically the same operation, to remove the other half. Then radiation, oh boy!

:grouphug: My radioiodine therapy is Wednesday and I am miserable. My advice is to remember that planning ahead is the key to the low iodine diet because I had NO IDEA how miserably out of it I would be ( but not everyone is!)

Here's to a better 2010 for everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter