2008 Rates?

Colorado DISers

<font color=blue>We are Disney freaks<br><font col
We will not be able to cruise until June/July. Looking at the rates for Easter week, I was wondering if they would be comparable to the rates for June/July. If so, it looks like we will have to look at another cruise line :sad2: I hate to leave DCL, but with those prices I want the most bang for my buck. I cannot see spending close to $10,000 for our family to cruise DCL when we can do a B2B Eastern/Western on Princess or a Southern on RCCL out of San Juan (plus airfare, hotel) for the same amount. I'm really torn over this, but it looks like it may be time to move on. Disney is just pricing us out.

June/July is cheaper. I did a comparison back in April when June/July rates were still available. Easter seems to be THE most expensive week out of the year!

dreamcometrue,

I hope you are right. The only cruise we have ever taken was a 4 night Wonder this past July and we fell in love with DCL. I would really hate to have to go elsewhere. I feel that other cruise lines will not have the same "magic", but for the price, maybe we could over look that and make the best of it.

well, I did a lot of research right after my DH agreed to a Disney cruise this past April. I tried to decide between summer break and spring break. Our spring break here is always the week of Easter, so I looked, and it was, I think several thousand dollars more for the week of Easter 2007 than it would have been for early August 2006 (this was before the August 06 cruises, so I still had something to compare it to!). I quickly changed my mind about Easter! :rotfl:

We were going to go Easter Week in 3/08, just because hubby wanted to go the end of month vs beginning of month. Well 3/08 vs 3/22 western is a 2200.00 difference!! It is because of the holiday the CM on the phone told me that straight out. And I did not wait this am, I was actually on the phone with someone when my clock said 7:57. We are in a cat 4 and a family of 3 techinally. Family of 4, but one is under 3, so it is just port fees/taxes for the baby.

Our April vacation does not always coincide with Easter but it is usually the week of Patriots day around the 14th and 15th.
I just got a scary rate from dreams for that week
I guess we might try RC for that week maybe southern caribbean out of PR
it is over 2000$ chaper for the same catagory!

Easter is on 3/23/08. The 3/22/08 Western what I originally wanted, until I found out easter was 3/23, and it was $2200 more for my family of 3!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter