• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2008 MagicMeets

I do have to make this some year. Fred has 'chastised' me in the past for not coming. I need a new goal.

It was another successful event! There were a few hitches (the breakout room timing) but other than that, it was great!! You should really join us next year.

I am so sorry I missed your post Charade~I was already in Harrisburg by then..I can guarantee you we are already working on the "glitches" from this year. ::yes:: Make *sure* you fill out the survey Fred sends out afterwards...he does it every year and honestly listens to ALL feedback he receives~

Dan Murphy, I concur with Charade and Fred!

Magicmeets will be in the same place next year, date to be announced in the near future I'm sure~You MUST join us! I would be honored to meet you and can tell you that you will not be disappointed. Imagineer: Dave Anderson and CMO Justin Muchoney were awesome additions to an already stellar "Cast."

Anyone interested in attending next year's Magicmeet, go to Magicmeets.com and register your email for updates thruout the year~

My BFF Steffy and I had the best time ever. We have already decided to stay both Friday and Saturday nights. Those sleep number beds were awesome!!!!!

I talked with the CMO Justin for just a minute and he said he is coming back next year no matter what.

The best part was hearing the final total $$$ to be given to the Make A Wish Foundation. Everyone was in tears.

I am so excited, I bid on and won breakfast with Deb Wills and will use it on the Mouse Fest Cruise in December.

What a fun, fun time. I have gone 4 years but this is the first time I went "solo" without Mom & 2 nephews. It was a wonderful time & I met some great people. Colleen (the volunteer coordinator) was soooo organized. I got to meet Tinker1bell & Steffie and bunches of other people. :goodvibes It was a great time and I am looking forward to next year. :cool1:
Penny:hippie:

Maybe at the end of the next one, the DISers that attended could meet up for a face to face.

That sounds like fun. My shirts that I wore Friday & Sunday had my Dis name on them, but I was a volunteer so wore the Volunteer one on Saturday. This would have been a grat opportunity to meet other people I only know by their screen name. :goodvibes
Penny:hippie:

Maybe at the end of the next one, the DISers that attended could meet up for a face to face.

I know that I sure would like to do that and so would Steffy. Especially since we plan to stay Saturday night next year. We will not do Hershey so that would work just fine.

I have duly noted the request for a DISboards meet and will see if that's possible since we're now working on next year...

....you all have the honor of being second in the WORLD to see this...

after Fred, of course ;)

I worked on it all day...and it works just fine now :woohoo:

clicky clicky~

as far as being organized, my staff made it happen~

my link isn't working...comebody tell me if it's working on your end?

LY all MI!

colleen.

Here's another version for now...

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/MousMManiac/0708/?albumview=slideshow

Colleen - that's you :laughing: I didn't realize it. The slide show was great. The event was great and you are great. :thumbsup2
It was a fun time. Penny :hippie:

Hi everyone!! I had such a great time at my first Magic Meets and so did my two daughters!!!!

Looking forward to the announcement of the days for next year and will probably be solo this time as that weekend is usually the last day of an annual family trip to the Poconos. (I will leave that a day early.) I would LOVE a Dis meet there.....I really didnt see anyone I "knew": at all - lol.

Anyway.....here is slideshow of some of my photos.http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j145/Vellamint/Magic Meets/?albumview=slideshow

There are a bunch of hotel photos....thought some might like to see where you would stay....

Diane - nice photos :goodvibes Thanks for sharing. Isn't the internet a wonderful invention. 15 years ago this wasn't possible for the average joe. What a long way we have come. :cheer2: :flower3:
penny :hippie:

Nice pics!! I didn't take any...

One other thing that I thought of was the guy from MouseSurplus walking around selling his wares. I thought that was extremely tacky. And trust me, I've been on the DIS for 8 years and I know tacky!!! :lmao:

If he comes again next year, and I hope he does cause he's got some really cool stuff, that someone tells him to stay behind his table.

This was my first Magic Meets and I had a FANTASTIC time. I loved the entire Meet. I can't wait for next year. A DisBoards Meet and Greet would be great. I can't wait until Mouse Fest.

Kim

Hey Everyone!

So wonderful to see you all at the Meet! It was another great and fun weekend and a magically successful event! Can't wait 'til next year!! :)

And lots of thanks and praise to our FEARLESS LEADER, Colleen, and all of her fantastic efforts, as always! :)

Not to mention our ULTIMATE FEARLESS LEADER, Fred, who has once again produced a very special and memorable weekend for so many people! :)

See you all at MagicMeet 6 in '09! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter