• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2008 Lovebug season???

maddhatir

DIS Veteran
Hi!

DH and I were in Disney Sept 16-24th in 2006- the lovebugs were in FULL swing!:guilty:

I am planning a 2010 trip and would love to go right after Labor Day, b/c of the low crowds, but I am not sure if I would like to deal with the bugs again.

Does anyone know when they arrived this past September (2008)??

Their arrival probably depends on the weather throughout the the year, correct?

Thanks peeps!:thumbsup2

Hi!

DH and I were in Disney Sept 16-24th in 2006- the lovebugs were in FULL swing!:guilty:

I am planning a 2010 trip and would love to go right after Labor Day, b/c of the low crowds, but I am not sure if I would like to deal with the bugs again.

Does anyone know when they arrived this past September (2008)??

Their arrival probably depends on the weather throughout the the year, correct?

Thanks peeps!:thumbsup2

We got the week after Labor Day every year and have never encountered love bugs. We've been really lucky I guess!

we were in disney the week after labor day (2007) and it was swarming with lovebugs!!! - they were everywhere!!!!

hoping the little buggers aren't around in late april/early may (planning ahead for a future trip....)

we were in disney the week after labor day (2007) and it was swarming with lovebugs!!! - they were everywhere!!!!

hoping the little buggers aren't around in late april/early may (planning ahead for a future trip....)

Really...what hotel were you in??? I didn't see anything overwhelming. I mean...it's Florida, i expect some bugs. But I've seen pics of when they are bad and you can't see the ground. I've never seen anything like that in all my trips

I actually thought for a while that I would prefer the bugs over the crowds at that time of the year, however, now that I am planning another trip- I would prefer neither:lmao:

And with the Sept heat, I would look forward to being at the pool however, last time, it was hard to relax by the pool with them swarming all around. :mad: I was even squirting them with my spray mister- and that was no help at all!:sad2:

I actually thought for a while that I would prefer the bugs over the crowds at that time of the year, however, now that I am planning another trip- I would prefer neither:lmao:

And with the Sept heat, I would look forward to being at the pool however, last time, it was hard to relax by the pool with them swarming all around. :mad: I was even squirting them with my spray mister- and that was no help at all!:sad2:

Wow...that's awful that everyone had such a horrible experience. But yes, it will be FANTASTICALLY hot in September so pool time is necessity.

Really...what hotel were you in??? I didn't see anything overwhelming. I mean...it's Florida, i expect some bugs. But I've seen pics of when they are bad and you can't see the ground. I've never seen anything like that in all my trips

In 2006 we stayed at the POFQ and they were everywhere, however, the hotel did a great job at keeping the squished ones all swept up and they also were powerwashing the sidewalks! In the mornings the bus stop would be clear of them, until they all came back again :scared:

in 2007 we stayed at the CR and they were all over the white benches at the bus stops there - also, we'd taken a bus to the BC (from AK) and those white bus stop benches were literally covered in black lovebugs

in 2007 we stayed at the CR and they were all over the white benches at the bus stops there - also, we'd taken a bus to the BC (from AK) and those white bus stop benches were literally covered in black lovebugs

I like the way everyone says they do not bite- but they are just plain creepy and annoying:scared:

I kind of changed my mind about Sept and was looking into May- and that is another love bug time of the year :lmao: I can't get away from these things!:rotfl2:

Lovebugs are around every May and every September. I guess some years are worse than others but they do arrive every year, twice.

Wikipedia has a good article about lovebugs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_bugs

BobK/Orlando

Beginning of May- middle of May???

I was thinking about a trip at the very end of April/beginning of May 2010.

I may be able to handle the little creatures better in April/May than Sept b/c the sweltering heat just made me more annoyed!:mad:

Madd when we were there the last week of September and the first week of October they seemed to be thinning out a bit....it was still nice and warm and the crowds were low as well.:thumbsup2

Madd when we were there the last week of September and the first week of October they seemed to be thinning out a bit....it was still nice and warm and the crowds were low as well.:thumbsup2

......are you following me............:3dglasses :hug:

I was thinking about Oct- but I read the crowds were pretty low in May- ugh! I make planning a trip like a math problem! I need all info to input into the equation, and see what the answer may be :rotfl2:

We went Labor Day week in Sept 08, and really we didn't see many love bugs. Granted we saw *some* but not nearly as bad as later on in September.

We were there 8th -22nd sept and we did see some but mot loads but they were worse by the pool but we were staying in the cabins at FW so maybe thats why they were worse

If it's anything like Louisiana, where I lived for the past nine years, the love bugs show up in April and September like clockwork every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter