2008!!!! I Cant Wait, Am I The Only One?

We go in Feb, near the first week. Its still in the "value" season.

The cost after that goes incredibly higher.

Here is the phone number for Inventory Control. When I sent it in, I told them what we were looking for, some specific time frames and then some more general time frames. We can be flexible so it is easier. If you want a specific week, then tell them. Once DCL starts booking that block of rooms, they will start calling people who have faxed in the order the faxes were received. About a week after I faxed in our request, I received a postcard stating that they received the fax and I am holding on to that postcard for reference.
If you have any more questions, just ask!

Inventory Control: fax #407-566-7739

mindy327 said:
Okay so, we are planning a huge trip (second) to WDW and the DCL. We are wanting to wait until then so my youngest will be well, almost 4 and well pottytrained to go into the club. I dont see the point in paying almost $10,000 to go and have him need to be pushed in a stroller and not go to the club. And DH and I want "alone" time. ANYHOW, I have been just sitting in intense clock watching and day counting down to when our May of '08 will be here to book. Im going to just pay for it all and I CANT waite. Anyone else going nuts waiting for 2008 dates to open or just me? :scratchin

Mindy OMG! I was getting ready to post about getting ready to set a 20th anniversary cruise for May '08. I called the cruise line the end of last week and they told me to look for the bookings to be made available late summer :o( I'm planning on staying at wdw a couple of days before (maybe at the Grand Floridian) and then going on the 7 day cruise that includes St Maarten, St. Thomas and St. John. While we will be going to WDW, the Wilderness Lodge 4/30-5/8, I can't help but plan the next Disney adventure. When are you planning on sailing and to where?

Anna

mrsv98 said:
Here is the phone number for Inventory Control. When I sent it in, I told them what we were looking for, some specific time frames and then some more general time frames. We can be flexible so it is easier. If you want a specific week, then tell them. Once DCL starts booking that block of rooms, they will start calling people who have faxed in the order the faxes were received. About a week after I faxed in our request, I received a postcard stating that they received the fax and I am holding on to that postcard for reference.
If you have any more questions, just ask!

Inventory Control: fax #407-566-7739

Because I am very new to this, I should call them and let them know when I want to go so they can contact me and let me know, specifically, when the bookings become available? Thanks.

Anna

Hi

You are not alone! :sunny:

As I am thinking to book on 2008 for my husband 40th for 7 days Cruise but still not sure if March or October. :cheer2:

I wait until this summer and wait to see about school holiday for our kids :thumbsup2

Scottishwee35

Anna114 said:
Because I am very new to this, I should call them and let them know when I want to go so they can contact me and let me know, specifically, when the bookings become available? Thanks.

Anna

This is a fax number, so you don't call. Write out a short note telling them when you want to sail. Include informaiton about sailing dates, passengers and your name, address and phone numbers. Fax it to them and you should get a post card in a week or so acknowledging your fax. When the dates become available for booking, Inventory Control will call you and let you book before the reservations are open to the general public.

Good luck!

Thank you for that information. I'm going to do that today.

Have a magical day,
Anna

mrsv98 said:
This is a fax number, so you don't call. Write out a short note telling them when you want to sail. Include informaiton about sailing dates, passengers and your name, address and phone numbers. Fax it to them and you should get a post card in a week or so acknowledging your fax. When the dates become available for booking, Inventory Control will call you and let you book before the reservations are open to the general public.

Good luck!

Oh no, as you can tell by all these posts, you are not alone!
I want to cruise again one day, hopefully taking a 7 night, but who knows when we'll get to go again. We take so many small trips during the year that it's going to be hard to take a 7 night without dropping some of our other trips. It looks like we may be waiting until 2008 as well!

great!! I found *my* thread! Waiting anxiously for 2008 dates to open. We'll cruise in August of 2008. The downpayment is burning a hole in my bank account. :rotfl2:

We should keep this thread active, and as soon as someone finds out anything in regards to when the dates will be available, we can post here! :thumbsup2

wheelerkidz3 said:
we plan on going in feb of 2008...kids get a week off for presidents day....not sure why...the school never did it before! We are cruising on the halloween wonder cruise this year, and plan on booking for feb 08 then. How will the rates be in feb ...anyone know? They aren't higher due to kids being on vacation from school, are they? I hope not!

I know from our experience booking for 2/07 that early Feb rates are lower than the end of the month (I imagine it is due to the school vacations)

We booked onboard in March with a place holder date.. we are going Spring Break 2008.. just waiting for the dates to open..

I have been waiting since December for the dates to open up. As soon as DH said "go for it," I have been dying to book. I sit at the computer daily saying "Open, open, open!" Although, I don't think they will open up the June dates until October. We have been looking into which stateroom, early or late dinner, etc. We will be going without kids this time. :cheer2: Leaning greatly toward back-to-back eastern/western in June 2008 for our 15th anniversary. It is the only time we can go as we are school teachers. If someone doesn't want to pull their children out of school to go on the cruise, they can pull me out of school. I won't mind a bit.

What travel company is everyone planning on using to book their cruise? Is there anyplace that is cheaper than others or are the prices the same no matter who you book through?

There probably is a cheaper way, but I like having the ability to pay it off. My last trip, got home yesterday, I switched it over to AAA to get $300 off but had paid off about $1,400 of it first.

days-going-so-slow!! said:
I have been waiting since December for the dates to open up. As soon as DH said "go for it," I have been dying to book. I sit at the computer daily saying "Open, open, open!" Although, I don't think they will open up the June dates until October. We have been looking into which stateroom, early or late dinner, etc. We will be going without kids this time. :cheer2: Leaning greatly toward back-to-back eastern/western in June 2008 for our 15th anniversary. It is the only time we can go as we are school teachers. If someone doesn't want to pull their children out of school to go on the cruise, they can pull me out of school. I won't mind a bit.

What travel company is everyone planning on using to book their cruise? Is there anyplace that is cheaper than others or are the prices the same no matter who you book through?

looks like the years before, the dates opened up in September (I am pretty sure I read that 2006 rates opened late Sept. of 2004) with the exception of 2007 dates, which opened in April of this year. Someone correct me, if I am wrong! So I highly doubt they will open the 2008 dates before September. I do know that they will release the whole year at one time! So, we just have to be patient! It's so hard though! It would make it a lot more real if I actually had a reservation!!

The travel agencies pretty much quote the same as DCL, because DCL changed their policy from what I hear, however, a lot of travel agents offer stateroom credit now (I looked at the AAA website a little while ago, and they will give you $100 or $150, I think, depending on the category you book, stateroom credit). I also heard that Costco will give you a giftcard of some sort for their store if you book through them!

Anna114 said:
There probably is a cheaper way, but I like having the ability to pay it off. My last trip, got home yesterday, I switched it over to AAA to get $300 off but had paid off about $1,400 of it first.

you can't pay it off in bits and pieces when you book through a TA? I didn't know that! I will definitely book through DCL then, because I would rather make payments than pay a lump sum 3 months before the cruise!

I am so with you!! I am hoping and praying that they are not taking the Magic anywhere for the summer of 2008 because I desperately want to cruise in June of that year for my Honeymoon! As soon as I can do it, I am booking!

MickeyAnne said:
I am so with you!! I am hoping and praying that they are not taking the Magic anywhere for the summer of 2008 because I desperately want to cruise in June of that year for my Honeymoon! As soon as I can do it, I am booking!

I seriously doubt they'll take the Magic anywhere two years in a row. Take the Wonder, not the Magic!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter