2008 Disneyland Half - Who's Going?

OK, I have got my packing list started and geting that all together.

Question for the ladies, Does a purse/bigger type tote count as a carryon luggage?? Had anyproblems with taking a big purse/tote and a carryon piece of luggage??

Thanks everyone,
-nonexperienced flyer Tracy

Tracy,

Forget the luggage restrictions. Just head out the door, going WEST, and keep going like Forrest Gump. You should make it to the start line in August with plenty of time to spare. LOL, now that's a long run! :rotfl:

ThunderMatt :worship: on your China Tri. I'm exhausted just thinking about your race. :rotfl2:

I'm headed out the door for 14 miles. See y'all this afternoon. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Tracy,

Forget the luggage restrictions. Just head out the door, going WEST, and keep going like Forrest Gump. You should make it to the start line in August with plenty of time to spare. LOL, now that's a long run! :rotfl:

Now that's a guy response for you! :rotfl: Hey Jeff - run for me some today. I don't feel like getting out there in this heat and humidity. :upsidedow

Tracy - yes, I often carry a large tote in addition to a carry on. I just seem to have a lot of "stuff" with me whenever I travel. :rolleyes1

OK, I have got my packing list started and geting that all together.

Question for the ladies, Does a purse/bigger type tote count as a carryon luggage?? Had anyproblems with taking a big purse/tote and a carryon piece of luggage??

Thanks everyone,
-nonexperienced flyer Tracy

Tracy, on Southwest you are allowed one traditional carry-on that fits in the overhead bin, and one personal item such as a purse or backpack that must slide under the seat in front of you.

HTH!

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but can the 5k on 8-30 be walked (as long as one meets the minimum speed requirement, 15 min mile) or must it be run?

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but can the 5k on 8-30 be walked (as long as one meets the minimum speed requirement, 15 min mile) or must it be run?

Absolutely! And, there will be many walkers. :cool1: Would you like for me to add you to our ever growing list? :teeth:

sure, escape! Both my husband and I will be doing it. (Ok, so we haven't signed up for it or gotten a room for the night before locked in or confirmed the time off from work to get up there....) It will be my first 5k, although perhaps by the time the date rolls around, it may be my 2nd. :woohoo:

What is "WISH"? I read posts with people referring to that and I ran across a thread today that had photos of people wearing green Tshirts that said "WISH" on them.

sure, escape! Both my husband and I will be doing it. (Ok, so we haven't signed up for it or gotten a room for the night before locked in or confirmed the time off from work to get up there....) It will be my first 5k, although perhaps by the time the date rolls around, it may be my 2nd. :woohoo:

What is "WISH"? I read posts with people referring to that and I ran across a thread today that had photos of people wearing green Tshirts that said "WISH" on them.

wish_team.jpg

We're Inspired to Stay Healthy

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1831900

Does anyone know if, for the 5k, you have to walk a certain pace? I saw on the website something about a 15 minute mile, but I wasn't sure if that was for the 5k or the half marathon or what.

Also, anyone start out from couch potato to walking a 5k in 6-7 weeks?

Does anyone know if, for the 5k, you have to walk a certain pace? I saw on the website something about a 15 minute mile, but I wasn't sure if that was for the 5k or the half marathon or what.

Also, anyone start out from couch potato to walking a 5k in 6-7 weeks?
The 5K pace requirement is 15 min/mile. Usually at the WDW 5K they allow you to go slower. Not sure for DL 5K.

The 1/2 pace requirement is 16 min/mile.

OK all you DL 1/2 people...how is the training comeing along?? Mine is doing fine, but still pretty warm and humid here for training. I have a 12 miler scheduled for Sunday and again my plan is slow and steady survives the race!!!:lmao: I plan to just get the 12 miles in and not die or poop out too much at the end. I just need to get out there around 6am to be back by 9am.

How is it going for everyone else?? (Jeff, I know you are doing just fine and have already done a 14 miler!)

(Jeff, I know you are doing just fine and have already done a 14 miler!)

Who, me? :confused3

I'll be up to 16 next month, so...shhh, come closer (whisper) 13 is easy.
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :laughing: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :rolleyes1

As of 7/25/08 there are 37 days to the 5K and 38 days to the Half.

:sad1:

I think I may be settling for walking the DL Half. I seem to have hurt my knee (probly IT Band) such that I get about 2 miles into my run and have to walk the rest.

I've been resting a lot for the last couple of weeks and doing Pilates. Might have overdone it this weekend running around Lake Placid while my friend did Ironman though!

Tomorrow, I might try 3walk/1run intervals and see how that goes.

Frankly, I might still beat my 2007 time by walking the whole thing at a decent pace!!

I've already signed up for another half in December. If I have to walk this one, so be it. I'll be rested and ready to (hopefully) start training again soon.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!:woohoo:

My training has gone bad...I guess I should have just focused on the 1/2 distance, but nooooooo, I had to get all fancy and do two triathlons. :sad2: So my longest run has only been 8 miles! :scared:

Oh well...I'll do what I can...and Jeff, make sure to remind me that "13 is easy" :laughing: and that this is just a "fun run!"

Jeff, make sure to remind me that "13 is easy" :laughing: and that this is just a "fun run!"

Michelle, you've run your miles. Remember when you race, start with 13 in your head. After each mile you pass, count down. When you arrive at 8 miles, say to yourself "Hey, I can run 8." Keep counting down, because when you get to 1, you say "Yeah, I can run 1 mile, that's easy!"

Fun run simply because it's at Disneyland, with all your WISH teammates. 'Nuff said. :thumbsup2 ;)

Hey everyone! Looks like I need to update the roster. :teeth: :cool1:

As for training - what training? :rolleyes1 My longest has been a 6-miler. I'm in trouble. I was supposed to do an 8-miler this weekend but I did a 27 mile bike ride instead. I'm going to try to get that 8-miler in tomorrow or Tuesday.

Oh, and get this....

To help me train for the DL half, I decided to do my scheduled 10-miler in Chicago on August 10 - at the Chicago Distance Classic half-marathon. I figured that if I've got to do a 10-miler, I might as well do it where I can get water stops provided and porta-potties as well. And, if I do well enough, I might get a medal. :teeth:

Ok, I have 5 more weeks to train for DL. All I need to do is finish in the required time. That's my goal. I promise to get in 8 miles this week!

Susie,

Your training sounds like mine! I've always followed the MfM 14 week plan for a half, but I did two 1/2's in May, and the 1/2 plus more on the cruise, and it has messed up my schedule too. The CDC half will be my long distance training walk for DL too. I am definitely hoping the weather nicely cooperates!

Susie,

Your training sounds like mine! I've always followed the MfM 14 week plan for a half, but I did two 1/2's in May, and the 1/2 plus more on the cruise, and it has messed up my schedule too. The CDC half will be my long distance training walk for DL too. I am definitely hoping the weather nicely cooperates!

I'm counting on you and Jim to help push me over the finish line. The heat and humidity down here have just been killers lately, I haven't felt like training outside. I'm so hoping Chicago weather is fairly decent and none of this 100 degree weather will head north to Chicago!!! :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter