2008 AAA discount for Wilderness Lodge??

DadMomBoyGirlBoy

Earning My Ears
As soon as the rates came out last week we booked our April 2008 MYW package for 6 nights at Wilderness Lodge by calling Disney directly. I told the CM taking our reservation that we had AAA but he said it was too early to apply a AAA discount and to try calling back in Jan or Feb to try again. Just yesterday (8/11) I got an e-mail from AAA since I was on their list as being interested in Disney. They said the 2008 AAA rates have come out and to book ASAP as these rates wsell out quickly. What do I do? Should I call Disney again and tell them I have AAA? I'm still so new to this whole process!!!

I believe that in order to receive a AAA discount on a package reservation, you must use a AAA travel agent. (If you are making a room only ressie, then Disney can apply the AAA discount.)

Perhaps someone who has had AAA "take over" their pkg reservation can give you more info.

We called AAA last week and had them book our package for June 2008 - MYW package with dining. We received the AAA discount on the room portion. You need to go through AAA to receive a discount with the package. You need to do this now as there are a limited number of rooms that you can get the package and discount with AAA.

I have a AAA rate for Dec 2008. The CM had to search a few different dates to get one to pop up. Its for the WL Courtyard and its around 290 a night with tax.

Amy

It looks like the 2008 room-only discounts will be the same as they were in 2007:
  • Value Season: 15% off of the rack rate at the Deluxe and DVC resorts, 20% off at Values, Moderates and Ft. Wilderness.
  • Regular Season: 10% off at Deluxe and DVC resorts, 15% off at Value, Moderate resorts and Ft. Wilderness.
  • Peak Season & Summer Season: 10% off at Deluxe and DVC resorts, 15% off at Values and Moderates.
  • No AAA discounts for Holiday Season.

I would encourage you to look into renting DVC points for a stay at WL. I think you'll find out it is cheeper than WL rack rate with AAA discount.

Sorry that this is OT from the original post...

How do you rent DVC points? Is there a board/link that explains this?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter