• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2008, 24th/28th Aug - *Double Dipping with the Bahama Mamas*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandy!

Here are the girls with Mulan... Em isn't too thrilled!

Mulanandgirls.jpg

Jen - what a great picture - I love Sarah's dress - so, I am guessing you are the handy sewing girl! I have yet to 'order' my fish extender - are you making any?? LOL I know SOMEONE mentioned going for fabric!!!!

Hey Guys

OMG, what a morning. I rang at a minute to 12, and the CM told me that I couldn't make my ADR's as he could only book arrivals up to 15th Aug (something to do with it being a Leap Year)

I didn't believe him, so I rang back and got the most wonderful CM who couldn't do enough for me

So I've got -

Sun 17th O'Hana's Character Breakfast
Mon 18th Tusker House Character Breakfast
Tue 19th Princess Storybook Breakfast
Wed 20th Restaurant Marrakesh (dinner for just me and hubby)
Thu 21st Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast - :banana: :banana: :banana:
Fri 22nd Chef Mickey's Dinner
Sat 23rd Chef Mickey's Breakfast

:cheer2: :cheer2: Woohoo !! I'm sooooo excited:cheer2: :cheer2:

Mandy- sounds great! I wish I was going w/you to all of these places!!! We've never done Tusker House or the Storybook Breakfast or CRT - Chef Mickey and O'hana's we have done - w/boys, the princess thing doesn't work out to well!

I am glad to hear you got the ADRs that you wanted!!

SO, the boys went to bed around midnight - they tell me they were up at 3, and back up at 6:30, and believe it or not, they are up and dressed - gearing up for church! WOO HOO! That was one of the stipulations - they had to be up and ready for mass this morning (that wasn't my rule - that was my cousin's - I would've gone a little later) - I am tired! I feel bad for them though, they want to hang and do stuff - but, last night we got home, and had the crowd, then they went to bed not long after the festivities were over - so, they are trying to cram things in before church, and then it is over - so, I think they got cheated here - they really should've planned for tonight, this way church wouldn't have been in their way! But, I'll tell ya this - I AM TAKING A NAP this afternoon! DH is working, so it's me and the boys - we'll pop in a DVD - I am thinking I feel like watchin Toy Story, being we have been chatting about it - I feel like watching it!

Enough of my rambling... gotta move those kids!

Greetings from Homewood Suites in Albany, NY. I will check in later after I take DS to the pool :) and we have some dinner. Have a great night all

Ok - So I missed this - I knew your basement flooded, but wasn't sure why you were in a hotel! LOL I guess the flood chased you out?!?!?! Anyway, hope all is well over there - bet you guys are enjoying a nice breakfast or something... while I sip my water and think about food - but, I did do my dvd this morning!! :yay: Not that it is helping any - I think I gained again! AND please don't tell me its muscle!!! :confused3 I had the party last night, but, I wasn't horrible - I brought a WW dessert and ate that, I did have some chips w/salsa, but they were baked and horrible I might add - not even sure why I kept eating them!

So - is anyone missing Michele yet?? Wonder how she is doing - hope the weather is holding out for her!

Laurie

Handy sewing girl... Not... But it has been a fun thing to learn to do for myself! I made the girls matching clothes.. Sometimes the same style same fabric, sometimes same fabric different style.. Sarah loved the attention she got from CM's when she was in her outfits!

I am going to try to attempt a fish extender.. Never made one.... I hope to get some sewing done today but so far this weekend it hasn't been in the cards!

I am amazed the boys were up and ready! They must have known you meant business! Want to come do this at my house? :lmao:

Great Choices and Luck! I am so impressed! Chef Mickey's dinner is another favorite in our house! You've done great girl!:goodvibes

Mandy- sounds great! I wish I was going w/you to all of these places!!! We've never done Tusker House or the Storybook Breakfast or CRT - Chef Mickey and O'hana's we have done - w/boys, the princess thing doesn't work out to well!

I am glad to hear you got the ADRs that you wanted!!

SO, the boys went to bed around midnight - they tell me they were up at 3, and back up at 6:30, and believe it or not, they are up and dressed - gearing up for church! WOO HOO! That was one of the stipulations - they had to be up and ready for mass this morning (that wasn't my rule - that was my cousin's - I would've gone a little later) - I am tired! I feel bad for them though, they want to hang and do stuff - but, last night we got home, and had the crowd, then they went to bed not long after the festivities were over - so, they are trying to cram things in before church, and then it is over - so, I think they got cheated here - they really should've planned for tonight, this way church wouldn't have been in their way! But, I'll tell ya this - I AM TAKING A NAP this afternoon! DH is working, so it's me and the boys - we'll pop in a DVD - I am thinking I feel like watchin Toy Story, being we have been chatting about it - I feel like watching it!

Enough of my rambling... gotta move those kids!

Anyway, hope all is well over there - bet you guys are enjoying a nice breakfast or something... while I sip my water and think about food - but, I did do my dvd this morning!! :yay: Not that it is helping any - I think I gained again! AND please don't tell me its muscle!!! :confused3 I had the party last night, but, I wasn't horrible - I brought a WW dessert and ate that, I did have some chips w/salsa, but they were baked and horrible I might add - not even sure why I kept eating them!

Thanks girls, I'm so happy that we got CRT, we've never been before, I just couldn't justify the cost, but as we've got the free dining, I thought we'd go for it - I can't wait.

My favourite meal in WDW is O'Hana's breakfast with Lilo & Stitch, so I'm very happy to be going there again. Even me & Paul have got a meal at Restaurant Marrakesh by ourselves :thumbsup2

It sounds like the boys have had a great sleepover Laurie. Sleepovers for us are a walk in the park now, we just get them lots of food and we don't even make them go to sleep. It's funny cos we never hear them in the night and even though they stay downstairs, they still go to sleep at a reasonable time :thumbsup2

Laurie, you sound just like me, I have to be nibbling something, even if I'm not that keen on it, I'll still munch away

I am going to make a real effort this week with my diet, as the girls are back at school tomorrow. So the exercise DVD will be on and I'll eat lots of fruit ;)

:wizard: Good Luck everyone with your dieting and exercising :wizard:

Mandy that's great you got what you wanted. We did the storybook breakfast last year and, aside from the crappy waitress we had, it was great. My DD loved it.

How is everyone today?

Mandy that's great you got what you wanted. We did the storybook breakfast last year and, aside from the crappy waitress we had, it was great. My DD loved it.

How is everyone today?

Thanks Sandra

Apart from sorting out my ADR's, I have had a lovely lazy day just DISing and watching TV

The girls are back to school tomorrow, so it's back to very early mornings again - oh well we had a good week off

What have you been up to Sandra ?

Hi everyone!!
Mandy sounds like you did great with your ADR"s. Even more great that you will be eating there for FREE!!!!:cool1:

Well you guys won't believe where I spent the day........ In the pediatric emergency room:guilty: When Sydney woke up this morning she still didn't feel well and couldn't keep breakfast down. So,......as my middle DD has type 1 diabetes I used one of her urine ketone sticks for Sydney and she had high ketones. (basically, poisons in the stomach caused from dehydration) Of course my dh and I were immediately concerned Sydney could also have diabetes as unfortunately your mind just goes there:sad2: ) We called the doctor and explained the situation and he told us to go to the er now. It turns out her blood sugars were fine but she was severely dehydrated and needed two bags of IV fluids.:sick: So after 4 hours they released her and we are giving her zofram(anti vomiting meds). She seems to be perking up again, hopefully for good this time....... we were just so thankful to not have another child diagnosed with diabetes. Ironically it was February break 3 years ago when Haley was diagnosed in the same ER so it has been an emotional day.

Hi everyone!!
Mandy sounds like you did great with your ADR"s. Even more great that you will be eating there for FREE!!!!:cool1:

LOL, the only problem is, that after eating all that lovely food, I'll have to be rolled onto the ship :rotfl2:

Well you guys won't believe where I spent the day........ In the pediatric emergency room:guilty: When Sydney woke up this morning she still didn't feel well and couldn't keep breakfast down. So,......as my middle DD has type 1 diabetes I used one of her urine ketone sticks for Sydney and she had high ketones. (basically, poisons in the stomach caused from dehydration) Of course my dh and I were immediately concerned Sydney could also have diabetes as unfortunately your mind just goes there:sad2: ) We called the doctor and explained the situation and he told us to go to the er now. It turns out her blood sugars were fine but she was severely dehydrated and needed two bags of IV fluids.:sick: So after 4 hours they released her and we are giving her zofram(anti vomiting meds). She seems to be perking up again, hopefully for good this time....... we were just so thankful to not have another child diagnosed with diabetes. Ironically it was February break 3 years ago when Haley was diagnosed in the same ER so it has been an emotional day.

:hug: Oh Suzanne, it sounds like you've had a rollercoaster of a day. Thank goodness that Sydney is on the road to recovery, but I'm sure you were very worried for a while there

I think you deserve to put your feet up with a nice glass of wine now :)

Suzanne that's horrible. Hopefully she is on the mend. It's always stressful when they are sick. Be thankful you have an emergency dept. to take her to.

Suzanne that's horrible. Hopefully she is on the mend. It's always stressful when they are sick. Be thankful you have an emergency dept. to take her to.

Sandra thanks so much! Boy are you right, we are less than 15 miles from University Hospital (syracuse university) which has a pediatric ER and are in the process of building the Golisano Children's Hospital attached. When Haley was diagnosed I stayed right there in the hospital with her and my dh was able to go back and forth easily. We met many families that were from 100's of miles away and it was very sad:sad1:

I am going to make a real effort this week with my diet, as the girls are back at school tomorrow. So the exercise DVD will be on and I'll eat lots of fruit ;)

WTG Mandy - you go girl - I'll be thinking of you as I am exercising and NOT eating!! LOL We can do this together girls!

The girls are back to school tomorrow, so it's back to very early mornings again - oh well we had a good week off
Ah... early mornings - poor girls have to go back to school already!??!?!? I am usually up at 5am over here on work days, but, when I am off I get up at the very late time of 5:30 - WOO HOO!! I like the weekends because we get to sleep in a bit, but, so far this weekend, we've been up early- tomorrow the boys are off - I am hoping to sleep in a bit... we'll see!

Suzanne - poor Sydney - I am glad she is doing a little better now - poor thing. How is Haley w/the diabetes? I have a friend, her daughter is also diabetic, and she is so good w/it - she can test herself, she can tell when she is low/high - it is amazing how these kids can cope w/it - it really has to be hard for them.

LOL, the only problem is, that after eating all that lovely food, I'll have to be rolled onto the ship :rotfl2:

:lmao: That is too funny! You'll be fine - you will be walking all over WDW - so, you'll work off your meals - (I always say that and I come home 10 pounds heavier! LOL)

So, we went out to eat tonight - Outback - I was so-so, but, I'll go down on the treadmill now.. I am trying to do the DVD in the mornings and the treadmill in the evenings - I at least want to do one or the other everyday - but, if I can do both, I am going to do it!~ Off I go - not sure if I'll get back on tonight - so, have a good night all - I'll talk to you tomorrow! (or maybe later - we'll see)

Laurie

Hi there,

Well, I hate to seem fickle but we have moved our cruise date back to our original one of October 30th! We were all psyched about how great this double dip was going to be until my wife realized that the sail date was the day before the first day of school! With this being our son's first day of Kindergarten we figured it was probably best to move it back.

You all have a wonderful board going here and I'm going to try to breathe some life in the Oct 30th cruise one now.

Safe and happy travels!

Brent

Hi Brent
I totally understand not wanting your son to miss his 1st days of school. We did that in 2006 and would never do it again. I'm sure your thread will perk up.
Mandy and I were the only 2 on here for months before things livened up!! Have a great cruise:goodvibes

So, we went out to eat tonight - Outback - I was so-so, but, I'll go down on the treadmill now.. I am trying to do the DVD in the mornings and the treadmill in the evenings - I at least want to do one or the other everyday - but, if I can do both, I am going to do it!~ Off I go - not sure if I'll get back on tonight - so, have a good night all - I'll talk to you tomorrow! (or maybe later - we'll see)

Laurie, I am really impressed with your commitment to exercise. I will do my DVD 3 or 4 times a week, and there you are exercising twice a day - good for you, hopefully you'll see some big changes soon :thumbsup2

Well, I hate to seem fickle but we have moved our cruise date back to our original one of October 30th! We were all psyched about how great this double dip was going to be until my wife realized that the sail date was the day before the first day of school! With this being our son's first day of Kindergarten we figured it was probably best to move it back.

You all have a wonderful board going here and I'm going to try to breathe some life in the Oct 30th cruise one now.

It was lovely to meet you Brent, I can understand not wanting to miss your DS first days back at school - have a great Cruise :thumbsup2

Mandy and I were the only 2 on here for months before things livened up!! Have a great cruise:goodvibes

We're lucky aren't we Suzanne ? we've been joined by a great bunch on here :)

Hi Brent
I totally understand not wanting your son to miss his 1st days of school. We did that in 2006 and would never do it again. I'm sure your thread will perk up.

Brent - sorry you won't be joining us, but it was great to meet you! I hope you and your family have a great time on the Halloween cruise - (I KNOW you will). Stop back and visit us from time to time!!!!

Laurie, I am really impressed with your commitment to exercise. I will do my DVD 3 or 4 times a week, and there you are exercising twice a day - good for you, hopefully you'll see some big changes soon :thumbsup2

We're lucky aren't we Suzanne ? we've been joined by a great bunch on here :)

I am trying over here, I better see some changes on that scale, or else I am DONE w/this! LOL

I am glad to be a part of this group!! I am lucky I found you guys!!!

Gotta run..
Laurie

Hi everyone! Still no hot water here. Going shopping today for a new water heater. We can't get the pilot light to stay lit on ours.

The hotel was fun. Ian had a great time swimming.

Hope everyone's little ones are feeling better today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter