• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2008, 24th/28th Aug - *Double Dipping with the Bahama Mamas*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good night Sandy
I'm watching the movie Miracle on ABC. I never saw it before it looks good so far:thumbsup2

I Love Miracle! I am watching it too! I was 6 at the time of the Olympics in Lake Placid.. We had a month off from school since we were only 8 miles away!

I Love Miracle! I am watching it too! I was 6 at the time of the Olympics in Lake Placid.. We had a month off from school since we were only 8 miles away!

Man you're young!!!! Hey let's throw stuff at the young person!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ;) just kidding.... This is good so far!!! I was 14 at the time and I remember it well!!!

Watching Miracle down here in Texas too! About 10 years ago I got to visit Lake Placid and was in awe and got to skate at the outdoor rink. This is one of my favorite inspirational movies - "Remember the Titans" is the other.

Watching Miracle down here in Texas too! About 10 years ago I got to visit Lake Placid and was in awe and got to skate at the outdoor rink. This is one of my favorite inspirational movies - "Remember the Titans" is the other.

OMG I love remember the titans:thumbsup2

Is miracle on tonight? Hope everyone is having a good night. How was your day? Mine was not too exciting - just housework. I have no life!!!!

Ok.. Here are some pics...

This is the view from my house. We live on a pond. It actually is long enough to be a lake but not deep enough. It is only 16 ft at its deepest. It is a great place for the kids to swim. (Not now of course!:lmao: )

IMG_1190_edited-2.jpg

Here are my girls - Sarah and Emma at Chef Mickey's this past Thanksgiving..

Minandgirls1_edited-1.jpg

Jen - Great pics!! The girls are adorable - and the view from your house is gorgeous!! There is nothing like that here in NJ!! LOL

Hey Jen

The only thing I have to do this weekend is to ring WDW tomorrow to make my ADR's .... actually that's just reminded me ....

:cheer2: :cheer2: .. It's 6 months today till I go to WDW:cheer2: :cheer2:
OMG - 6 months to go!! So, what are you plans Mandy? Where are going going to go for breakfasts/lunches/dinners? Be sure to fill us in on the details - I LOVE to hear and dream about all the wonderful places to eat in WDW - especially because I can't eat anything! LOL I love 50's prime time - the smores are to die for!!!

Sorry I've been away so long today. Our basement is flooded, DH has whatever flu type bug is going around so up to me to get things sorted. Got a new sump pump and borrowed a second from a neighbor and they are both now pumping away. What a day so far. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Sandy - YUCK - that stinks!!! Hopefully you'll come up for air soon down there - we had a flood one time in the old house, it wasn't pretty - our sewer pipe collapsed - UGHHHHHHHHHHH - need I say more!!!

Anyway, we had a good day today - now I have 5 boys here as I type! We went to a party for my cousin's son - (they live across the street) - anyway, she has 3 sons, the youngest is 6, the middle is in Anthony's grade, and the oldest is a year older than Dominic - so, they all get along great - anyway, Anthony and Andrew have been begging to have a sleepover for weeks, so, that was their plan tonight, to corner us all and we couldn't say no... so, Dominic was upset that his partner couldn't stay and the little one was devastated - so, they are going to play here till around 11, then the two will go home, and Andrew and Anthony can have their sleepover - I would have all five, but being we just got home, there is no way I could figure out where to put them all - I am tired - they are lucky I had some laundry to do to keep me awake - and of course, catching up on the boards!! LOL

Anyway, that is my long-winded confusing story for the evening - can you tell I am getting a bit punchy over here?!?! :woohoo:

Off I go to continue reading along!
Laurie

Thanks for the well wishes! Can you tell me if we go up to Spring Training will anything be happening yet? Will we see anyone or anything? I know the games don't start for a week but if we do make it to FL, I can't see the baby yet so I need to find alternate plans and the Mets would be a top choice.

Veronica -

We have never gone before the games start, but.......... pitchers, catchers and DAVID WRIGHT are there now!! I am sure others are there as well - but David - hello?!!?!? Anyway, they have practices during the week from 10-2ish or so - (I called about it a while ago) - they are in the practice fields behind the stadium, and from what I heard - they practice, then they sign autographs. When we went last year, I met this woman there, she was there before the games started, and while we were there - anyway, there is this bowling alley across from the stadium - she went there one evening after the practices and dinner, and David Wright was bowling w/Paul LoDuca - she said he was really nice and signed autographs for them. I believe Jose Reyes is there now too - my cousin's brother in law - we saw him tonight at the party - his father works w/the Mets at the stadium - he said Reyes was there and raring to go - so, if you can get there Veronica - GET ME AN AUTOGRAPH!!!! LOL And some pics!!

Anyway - again, I am rambling! LOL

Laurie I have 5 girls here and you have 5 boys there. My two nieces have been begging for a sleepover too so when my sister left I said ok just let them stay. They are all down in the basement playing I don't even want to see how bad it is down there:scared1:

I'm not sure if this has been shared, but I just found out that there's a new show on the Disney Wonder - Toy Story, The Musical! Its scheduled to start on the ship in April. Needless to say we've got cruise fever around the house with all the good news in the last 24hrs.

Adios,
Brent

Brent - I did hear that about Toy Story, and I am very excited - we've seen Hercules and that was ok - but, we love toy story!!!

You guys must be thrilled with the change in your plans - two stops at CC - WOO HOO!!!

We booked back in June - and surprised the kids w/it for Christmas - figured Santa can't give ALL the good gifts!!

We have late seating and are on the waiting list for early seating. We are planning on arriving on the 23 and are not sure what we are doing yet after. We will be taking a few days to do something but we are not sure what yet.:confused3

Also, I am clueless as to how to add pictures, tickers etc. I love lurking on these boards, but I thought it would be fun to actually meet the people behind the posts:)

Deb - we are early seating, but, last time we were late seating and waitlisted for early, and we got it! So, that was good! I don't know though, seems like our gang here is a lot of late seating, maybe I need to change?!?!?!

I am also clueless w/posting pics - the ticker thing was ok - just go to the site - I think it is tickerfactory.com or something - check it out - I believe the instructions were there on the site - (I don't really remember - my sister helped me w/mine)

Sounds great Laurie, Christopher wants to know if Dominic likes video games. :happytv:

Dominic LOVES video games - totally into Guitar Hero and Rock Band these days - Dominic has the Wii, Anthony has the PS2, and DH has XBox 360 - LOL So, yes - video games are very popular here.. Dominic also plays VMK on the computer - does Christopher have an AIM account??

Good night Sandy
I'm watching the movie Miracle on ABC. I never saw it before it looks good so far:thumbsup2

I never saw that - is it a series or a movie or what? Sounds interesting - I am hooked on the celebreality TV - can't stop watching it!!!

Laurie I have 5 girls here and you have 5 boys there. My two nieces have been begging for a sleepover too so when my sister left I said ok just let them stay. They are all down in the basement playing I don't even want to see how bad it is down there:scared1:

The boys are right here in the family room - I brought the laptop down so I can watch them while they do this rock band thing on the Xbox - there are 5 boys and only 4 band member positions, so, you have to have a moderator from time to time!

Is the movie still on?? Sounded interesting...

Well - my cousin's two boys have gone home, one is still here - they are upstairs now, I can hear them hopping around - so, I think it is time for me to sign off - go up there, get them in bed and go to sleep myself. We are going to get up early and head to 9am mass - fun fun fun! It'll be interesting trying to get them up and out of bed in the morning... They claim they'll be up by 7 - we'll see about that!

Goodnight all - talk to you all tomorrow! :wave2:
Laurie

Greetings from Homewood Suites in Albany, NY. I will check in later after I take DS to the pool :) and we have some dinner. Have a great night all

It sounds like you're having fun in your hotel Sandy, are you there for just the one night, or do you think it'll take longer to pump out the water ? I hope it doesn't cause you too much disruption :)

I'm not sure if this has been shared, but I just found out that there's a new show on the Disney Wonder - Toy Story, The Musical! Its scheduled to start on the ship in April. Needless to say we've got cruise fever around the house with all the good news in the last 24hrs.

I had heard about the Toy Story show Brent, and I can't wait. I've never seen Hercules as a film (I just never fancied it), so I wasn't interested in seeing the show either - but I love the Toy Story movies :thumbsup2

Man you're young!!!! Hey let's throw stuff at the young person!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ;) just kidding.... This is good so far!!! I was 14 at the time and I remember it well!!!

Look out young, skinny people -we're going to throw things at you :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OMG - 6 months to go!! So, what are you plans Mandy? Where are going going to go for breakfasts/lunches/dinners? Be sure to fill us in on the details - I LOVE to hear and dream about all the wonderful places to eat in WDW - especially because I can't eat anything! LOL I love 50's prime time - the smores are to die for!!!

Well I have to ring WDW at 12noon over here (7am EST to you), so hopefully when you get up I may have made my ADR's. We've been planning this trip for months, and we still haven't agreed where we're going to eat. We love the breakfast buffets and all you can eat meals, so we'll go to the new Tusker House, Chef Mickey's, possibly Princess Storybook Breakfast, O'Hana's with Lilo and Stitch, and as we've got the free dining plan, we want to go to Cinderella's Royal Table, as we've never eaten there before.

As soon as I've made my ADR's, I let you know how I got on :thumbsup2

Have a great day everyone, has anyone got any plans ?

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the well wishes and pixie dust! Took the kids to the Dr. today. He said if they have no fever they can go. No fever this morning but now that it is afternoon they have low grade...we'll see what happens. I haven't even packed yet because I feel if I do I will jinx myself.

Hey Veronica, How is everyone today ? I hope you're all well enough to make your trip :wizard: Have a great time and when will you be back ?

Also, I am clueless as to how to add pictures, tickers etc. I love lurking on these boards, but I thought it would be fun to actually meet the people behind the posts:)

Hi Debi, if you look here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2770 on the Technical Support forums, there is lots of help on how to add photos etc.

For countdowns, I usually use www.tickerfactory.com where you can create your countdown and then copy the url (address) into your signature

For photos, I download them on to my computer, then register with www.photobucket.com (it's free), then download your photos there. Again once your photo has been downloaded, you can copy the url and paste it onto a thread

If you're not too sure what you're doing, go onto the Technical Suport forums and there is a Test Board, where you can play around with your photos, until you get it right

I hope that helps :thumbsup2

Tee hee! I turn 35 in May... If you guys get to throw stuff at the youngster does that mean I get to do spit balls??!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Mandy!

What did you get! We want to know!

We did the PSB in Epcot in November... It was the best Princess meal we have done followed by the one at the GF... The food was out of this world and it was a lot of fun to be in Epcot when no one else was ! (We actually preferred it to CRT)

Here are the girls with Mulan... Em isn't too thrilled!

Mulanandgirls.jpg

Hey Guys

OMG, what a morning. I rang at a minute to 12, and the CM told me that I couldn't make my ADR's as he could only book arrivals up to 15th Aug (something to do with it being a Leap Year)

I didn't believe him, so I rang back and got the most wonderful CM who couldn't do enough for me

So I've got -

Sun 17th O'Hana's Character Breakfast
Mon 18th Tusker House Character Breakfast
Tue 19th Princess Storybook Breakfast
Wed 20th Restaurant Marrakesh (dinner for just me and hubby)
Thu 21st Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast - :banana: :banana: :banana:
Fri 22nd Chef Mickey's Dinner
Sat 23rd Chef Mickey's Breakfast

:cheer2: :cheer2: Woohoo !! I'm sooooo excited:cheer2: :cheer2:

princess: Aww Jen, what a gorgeous picture. I sometimes wish my two were that young again - it's such a lovely age

Hey Guys

OMG, what a morning. I rang at a minute to 12, and the CM told me that I couldn't make my ADR's as he could only book arrivals up to 15th Aug (something to do with it being a Leap Year)

I didn't believe him, so I rang back and got the most wonderful CM who couldn't do enough for me

So I've got -

Sun 17th O'Hana's Character Breakfast
Mon 18th Tusker House Character Breakfast
Tue 19th Princess Storybook Breakfast
Wed 20th Restaurant Marrakesh (dinner for just me and hubby)
Thu 21st Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast - :banana: :banana: :banana:
Fri 22nd Chef Mickey's Dinner
Sat 23rd Chef Mickey's Breakfast

:cheer2: :cheer2: Woohoo !! I'm sooooo excited:cheer2: :cheer2:

Great Choices and Luck! I am so impressed! Chef Mickey's dinner is another favorite in our house! You've done great girl!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter