• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2008, 24th/28th Aug - *Double Dipping with the Bahama Mamas*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

It seems this board has been busy for quite a while. My family just bumped up our reservation from the Halloween cruise to the Double Dip - yeah - two months just went out the window! :banana: We sailed last October on the 7 Night Eastern for the first time and are hooked (no pun intended). ;)

My DW and I have two small kids (DS/DD) that have been to DisneyWorld more times than their age! The last cruise meet board for our October trip was very active so its nice to see this one seems to be just as much if not more.

Looking forward to "meeting" everyone and catching up.

All the best,
Brent

Welcome Brent and family!

Hello! We are joining you! We just booked 2 Cat 6 on Deck 6. I'm Debi my husband is Paul and our two children are Christopher 12 and Shaelyn 8. My Mom will also be joining us. This is our first cruise and we are soooo excited!! I look forward to chating with you guys! Debi:cheer2:

Welcome Debi - can't wait to get to know youpirate:

Mandy!

Glad you are back and had a great time! I know what you mean about the summer clothes.. I have been looking online especially for swimwear for us all! I love Lands End!

I hope to meet you all for a cool refreshing beverage (or 2 :woohoo: ) on the boat!

Anyone have big plans for the weekend? (Besides popping vitamins so I don't get the "typhoid" going around my house I plan to lay low) I may go to the fabric store though.. I have some great disney fabric that I could use for my fish extender but who knows.. I may see something I like better!

Ok.. Here are some pics...

This is the view from my house. We live on a pond. It actually is long enough to be a lake but not deep enough. It is only 16 ft at its deepest. It is a great place for the kids to swim. (Not now of course!:lmao: )

IMG_1190_edited-2.jpg

Here are my girls - Sarah and Emma at Chef Mickey's this past Thanksgiving..

Minandgirls1_edited-1.jpg

Anyone have big plans for the weekend? (Besides popping vitamins so I don't get the "typhoid" going around my house I plan to lay low) I may go to the fabric store though.. I have some great disney fabric that I could use for my fish extender but who knows.. I may see something I like better!

Hey Jen

The only thing I have to do this weekend is to ring WDW tomorrow to make my ADR's .... actually that's just reminded me ....

:cheer2: :cheer2: .. It's 6 months today till I go to WDW:cheer2: :cheer2:

I hope you manage to steer clear of the illness bug (good luck)

Have fun at the fabric store, I'm really impressed with anyone who makes their own Fish Extenders - I really wouldn't have a clue - btw, I hope mine turns up this week

I love your photos Jen, what a beautiful view to wake up to everyday

Aww, your girls look so cute, they look as though they're having fun :)

Wow! Y'all are a busy group. Thanks for the warm welcome - we're really excited!!!!

Here's our group to add to the first page:
Brent DH
Tara DW
Austin DS - 5
Addison DD - 2

We told the kids this morning that we were going to Castaway Cay now twice and two months sooner - they cheered! :cool1:

I'll work on getting a picture from our last cruise posted.

Cheers!
Brent

Sorry I've been away so long today. Our basement is flooded, DH has whatever flu type bug is going around so up to me to get things sorted. Got a new sump pump and borrowed a second from a neighbor and they are both now pumping away. What a day so far. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Wow! Y'all are a busy group. Thanks for the warm welcome - we're really excited!!!!

Here's our group to add to the first page:
Brent DH
Tara DW
Austin DS - 5
Addison DD - 2

We told the kids this morning that we were going to Castaway Cay now twice and two months sooner - they cheered! :cool1:

I'll work on getting a picture from our last cruise posted.

Cheers!
Brent

Hey Brent, I've added your details to our first page. I can't wait to get to Castaway Cay twice too :banana: :banana:

I look forward to seeing your picture :thumbsup2

Sorry I've been away so long today. Our basement is flooded, DH has whatever flu type bug is going around so up to me to get things sorted. Got a new sump pump and borrowed a second from a neighbor and they are both now pumping away. What a day so far. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Oh no Sandy, what a nightmare, I hope your basement dries out soon and that your hubby is feeling better

Ian's just excited that the hotel has an indoor pool. Mom's excited that there's a hot tub :dance3: Let's just hope there aren't too many small children that will be scarred from seeing me in my swim suit:lmao:

OH NO!!! I am sorry to hear about your basment! That Stinks! Hope your DH is feeling better.. :grouphug:

Welcome to Brent & Debi and families!

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all the well wishes and pixie dust! Took the kids to the Dr. today. He said if they have no fever they can go. No fever this morning but now that it is afternoon they have low grade...we'll see what happens. I haven't even packed yet because I feel if I do I will jinx myself.

Veronica -

I hope you are feeling better for your trip!! I hate being sick - UGH!! It's hard for mom to get sick ya know - But, I think the sun in FL will do you good and maybe you can swing over and see our Mets in Spring Training - we were supposed to go this weekend, but, plan fell through.. Anyway, keep us posted on your trip - hope you are feeling better :goodvibes

Thanks for the well wishes! Can you tell me if we go up to Spring Training will anything be happening yet? Will we see anyone or anything? I know the games don't start for a week but if we do make it to FL, I can't see the baby yet so I need to find alternate plans and the Mets would be a top choice.

Sounds like you are having a rough weekend too! Hope it improves greatly!

I'll check back a little later!
Veronica

Greetings from Homewood Suites in Albany, NY. I will check in later after I take DS to the pool :) and we have some dinner. Have a great night all

Hey Howdy Hey!

I'm not sure if this has been shared, but I just found out that there's a new show on the Disney Wonder - Toy Story, The Musical! Its scheduled to start on the ship in April. Needless to say we've got cruise fever around the house with all the good news in the last 24hrs.

Best wishes to those not feeling well or bailing out basements.

Adios,
Brent

I've added you Debi, are you on early or late seating ? and what plans have you got before and after the Cruise ?

I hope you have fun on here with us :)

We have late seating and are on the waiting list for early seating. We are planning on arriving on the 23 and are not sure what we are doing yet after. We will be taking a few days to do something but we are not sure what yet.:confused3

Also, I am clueless as to how to add pictures, tickers etc. I love lurking on these boards, but I thought it would be fun to actually meet the people behind the posts:)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO that's COLD!! I did my video, I started out w/the one mile - and loving it so far, I feel like a fool stomping in front of the TV though, but whatever works!!!! :thumbsup2

That's great - Maybe we can get Dominic and Christopher to 'meet' each other online, emailing or im'ing or something - this way they'll get to 'know' each other.. My little one is a social butterfly, very easy to meet people, where Dominic needs the extra boost, when he is comfortable w/someone he is a jabber jaw, but, if he doesn't know you - he is SILENT - kinda like his father!!!

Sounds great Laurie, Christopher wants to know if Dominic likes video games. :happytv:

So long ladies. I am off to bed i have to get up in 2 hours.:woohoo: Have good week.

Bye Michele We'll miss you:goodvibes

Hi there,

It seems this board has been busy for quite a while. My family just bumped up our reservation from the Halloween cruise to the Double Dip - yeah - two months just went out the window! :banana: We sailed last October on the 7 Night Eastern for the first time and are hooked (no pun intended). ;)

My DW and I have two small kids (DS/DD) that have been to DisneyWorld more times than their age! The last cruise meet board for our October trip was very active so its nice to see this one seems to be just as much if not more.

Looking forward to "meeting" everyone and catching up.

All the best,
Brent

Hi Brent and welcome aboard!! We have quite a lively little group here:cool1:

Hello! We are joining you! We just booked 2 Cat 6 on Deck 6. I'm Debi my husband is Paul and our two children are Christopher 12 and Shaelyn 8. My Mom will also be joining us. This is our first cruise and we are soooo excited!! I look forward to chating with you guys! Debi:cheer2:

Hi Debi Welcome aboard My dd Sydney will be turning 8 next Friday so maybe she and Shaelyn will be lab buddies!!!!:yay: :yay:

Hey Guys, as you can see, I'm home

We had a great night last night. We went out to dinner at a Pizzeria, and after a couple of drinks we ended up at an 80's club - where we had a bit of a boogie :banana:

This morning we went to the shopping mall, but we didn't get anything, there's still not enough Summer clothing in the shops yet, but I did check out some swimwear

I'm really tired now, as I never sleep well in hotel rooms, so I'll probably have a little sleep in front of the TV this afternoon

Have a great day everyone :)

Welcome home Mandy I'm glad you had a good time. Hey and no throwing things at me:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ok.. Here are some pics...

This is the view from my house. We live on a pond. It actually is long enough to be a lake but not deep enough. It is only 16 ft at its deepest. It is a great place for the kids to swim. (Not now of course!:lmao: )

IMG_1190_edited-2.jpg

Here are my girls - Sarah and Emma at Chef Mickey's this past Thanksgiving..

Minandgirls1_edited-1.jpg

Jen Awesome pictures. Your girls are soooo sweet.

Oh Sandy That's happened to us before and I know what a pain it is.....good luck with everything.:hug:

Hey Howdy Hey!

I'm not sure if this has been shared, but I just found out that there's a new show on the Disney Wonder - Toy Story, The Musical! Its scheduled to start on the ship in April. Needless to say we've got cruise fever around the house with all the good news in the last 24hrs.

I'm excited to see a new show but really love Hercules too:confused3

Veronica What's happening with you guys???? I'm hoping since you haven't checked in that it means you are busy packing and everyone is feeling better:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Well the pool was great, hot tub was better. Hope everyone is doing well tonight. I'm gonna watch some TV. See you tomorrowpopcorn::

Well the pool was great, hot tub was better. Hope everyone is doing well tonight. I'm gonna watch some TV. See you tomorrowpopcorn::

Good night Sandy
I'm watching the movie Miracle on ABC. I never saw it before it looks good so far:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter