• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2008, 24th/28th Aug - *Double Dipping with the Bahama Mamas* (Part 2)

Woohoo! Too!:banana: Have a safe trip Mandy! We leave in the morning:banana:

:yay: You have a safe trip too Debi, and I hope you have a great vacation:yay:

All is quiet here, I've had my nails done, and I can't type very well :rotfl2: I've got some last ironing to do, give the house a quick clean up, weigh my suitcases and then wait for Paul to come home and pick the girls up

I hope the next 3 hours don't go too slow :)

Hi All

We leave in 5 hours to start our drive down.

Have a safe trip all:yay:

We will all be wearing red polo shirts when we get to the port.
So maybe some of you can seek us out. We hope to get there around noon.

I'll try to look in on the board if there is internet at the hotel

See you all Soon

Mary Ellen

Just for you Mandy!

:banana: :banana: 224 hours til' Sailaway!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

We are all kicking into high gear now! I am so excited I can't stand it. I can't wait to meet you all! We don't leave until Friday at 7 PM but there is a lot to do between then and now... Car inspection, We are keeping one of Sarah;s friends for an overnight on Monday (her parents need to go out of town and are in a jam for child care), Allergy shots for Sarah, packing, laundry.... BUT I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Mandy ~ The PT thing won't affect us.. The carryover from Toronto is going well! Hopefully we will get another intensive block in October in Montreal. I hope you guys have a safe journey and lots of fun!

Laurie, Suz, Michele and Sandy ~ We haven't chatted in ages!

Danielle, Betty, Diane, Sandra, Deb,Melissa,Heather and everyone else I missed: Hope to see you at the Goofy Pool!

Hey everyone!!

It's been a busy morning here - so forgive me if I miss something!

Mandy - it's been so great talking to you all of these months and to think we'll be meeting SO soon! Have a safe trip down to Orlando!! Hopefully we'll catch up before we meet - but, if not - I'll be looking for the lady w/two bahama mamas in hand!! LOL

Mary Ellen and Sandra - good luck and safe journeys down today!! Have a great week!! And we'll SEE you next week too - although - I don't think we have any pics of you guys, so, you'll be hard to spot! You will probably see us from a distance and RUN the other way! LOL

Michele - Hope shopping went well yesterday - maybe I'll catch up w/you today! How did Nicole do w/her testing??

Sandy - How are your packing piles going? Have you tried the space bags yet?????

Veronica - all I can say is: :dance3: LET'S GO METS!! :dance3: Life down here in Philly country will be a bit easier today now that the Mets are back in first!!! How are things going there? We are doing the haircut thing on Sunday w/the boys, trying to get as close to the trip as possible because it grows so fast!

Suz - hope your sis is doing better!! Are the girls super excited or what? How many others are you traveling w/besides your family??

Jen - that hourly countdown is ticking away! Sounds like you will be busy for the next week too! OMG - w/the PTs - that is NUTS!! Did they seem 'shady' to you?!?!?

Danielle - How was the fair? Are you all packed and ready to go?? As far as the mugs go - I would say it's OK to bring them back after the cruise - I am bringing mine from last trip, but we won't be using them in WDW - we are only there for one day, but we'll use them on the boat to fill w/drinks, it keeps better than the paper cups on board!

Melissa - where is your pic??? This way we can spot you! What time will you be heading to port?

Betty - it was great talking to you last night!! I will take care of that 'thing' for you - and give it to you when I SEE you! :banana:

Diane - how is your foot?? Haven't heard from you in a while - hope all is well!

Deb - how are you doing? When are you leaving?? Are you done w/your FE stuff?

Kelly - how are you making out w/your FE shopping? It's a lot to take on at this stage of the game! Did you FE come in yet? Post a pic if you can!

Alright - did I get everyone????????

I will update on me in the next post - I hate to post too much in this thing - the LOSE it! :scared1:

Ok - soooooooooooooooooooooooo....

As I told you - the party went well!! Here are a few pics of that................

Dominic blowing out the candles on his cookie cake - LOVED it by the way!!

P1040832.jpg

Just the fellas hanging out!

P1040834.jpg

Here is Dominic and Lenny - those two are obsessed w/the movie Talledega (spelling?) Nights - and always crack up when they are saying grace - and the other driver is talking about Jesus in his tuxedo t-shirt - so, I got them the shirts and they had to put them on for a pic! LOL

P1040856.jpg

Yesterday I got a lot of work done - for work! LOL I don't know if I told you all this - some probably know - in addition to the job that I drive 70 miles to, I have an at home job that I've had since Dominic was a year old.. It's a woman, she has a small publishing company that she operates out of her house - anyway, long story short - she sends me work, I do it and send it back.. and we were slow for a while, but starting to pick up again - so, I finished all I had for her to do, because they are sending an overnight package for me to get this weekend to attempt to get it done before I go - so, this ought to be good!

So - I did ALL of the stuff that I have here for her - and TODAY - ORGANIZE the suitcases day! That was supposed to be over the weekend!! But, being work is coming - I will get that done today!

I already cleaned my bathroom - so I am ahead of the game there too! I wanted to make sure that was done before we left - and now it is!! I am on a roll today!

Next is Dominic's room (when he wakes up of course) - I did Anthony's yesterday - and will do mine tomorrow before the party at noon! Then tomorrow night and Sunday will be typing work (and boys haircuts at noon) - and Monday is work and nails and sleep - Tuesday morning we need to be at the airport by 5am - so, I'll be up and out of here by 4:30~ :dance3:

That is my saga of the next few days!

So, I am going to make my bed now - organize the dresser a bit, and put the suitcases on there so I can get started on that project - I'll probably wait for Carm to go to work so he isn't in my way! Oh, and we have lunch w/friends today too - taking the kids to Friendly's!

Have a safe trip - all that are traveling in the next couple of days - Post some pics so we will notice you!!!!

Oh And.........................

Here is our family - I know most of you are sick of seeing us! LOL But, for those who need to put name w/a face ..............

familywmice.jpg

There are plenty of pics of the boys to choose from, but I think that pic is the only one of the family all together - how sad is that - it's from last November at my sis's wedding at WDW!!!! And now Carm is like 95 pounds lighter - but NOT me - I am exactly the same! :rotfl2:

Can't wait to see everyone elses pics!
Laurie

Heather - Did you ME tags ever arrive? Good luck with any last minute wedding details

Nope no luggage tags they said that we won't get them before we go....which means that we'll just go get our own luggage before getting on the shuttle to the hotel cause I don't want to risk it. I can't believe that i'll be there in a week!!! We are trying to make a list of things so that we don't forget so hopefully it will work out.....

Hi All

See you all Soon

Mary Ellen

We will be looking for red:cheer2: Have a safe trip!!!:cheer2:

Hey everyone!!
Deb - how are you doing? When are you leaving?? Are you done w/your FE stuff?

We leave from BWI @ 11:30 tomorrow morning:cheer2: I keep checking the weather and I need to stop:sad2: I am almost done with our FE stuff, just need to bag up a few more.
Both of my kids are complaining their ears hurt:scared1: we are seeing the doctor at 10:30. We had a family reunion in the Dominican Republic last year and Christopher had a double ear infection both ways, I NEVER want to fly like that again. He was in complete agony. :mad:

Hi All

See you all Soon

Mary Ellen

Nice one Mary Ellen, I'll try and remember to look out for your red polo shirts

Have fun :)

Just for you Mandy!

:banana: :banana: 224 hours til' Sailaway!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

We are all kicking into high gear now! I am so excited I can't stand it. I can't wait to meet you all! We don't leave until Friday at 7 PM but there is a lot to do between then and now... Car inspection, We are keeping one of Sarah;s friends for an overnight on Monday (her parents need to go out of town and are in a jam for child care), Allergy shots for Sarah, packing, laundry.... BUT I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Hope to see you at the Goofy Pool!

:banana: Thanks Jen:banana:

It sounds like you're going to be busy over the next few days. Have a safe journey down, and I can't wait to meet you - see you at the Goofy Pool :thumbsup2

Hey everyone!!

It's been a busy morning here - so forgive me if I miss something!

Mandy - it's been so great talking to you all of these months and to think we'll be meeting SO soon! Have a safe trip down to Orlando!! Hopefully we'll catch up before we meet - but, if not - I'll be looking for the lady w/two bahama mamas in hand!! LOL

LOL, you know me so well Laurie. It's been great getting to know you too, and I know we're just going to have a blast when we all get together ::yes::

Ok - soooooooooooooooooooooooo....

As I told you - the party went well!! Here are a few pics of that................

Here is Dominic and Lenny - those two are obsessed w/the movie Talledega (spelling?) Nights - and always crack up when they are saying grace - and the other driver is talking about Jesus in his tuxedo t-shirt - so, I got them the shirts and they had to put them on for a pic! LOL

P1040856.jpg

Laurie, your photos are great. I love this pic, the boys look so cool

Wow, it sounds like you're going to be very busy, this should make time fly by, you'll be ready for that Bahama Mama once you get onboard

Have a FANTASTIC time at Vero Beach and I'll see you very soon

Oh And.........................

Here is our family - I know most of you are sick of seeing us! LOL But, for those who need to put name w/a face ..............

familywmice.jpg

There are plenty of pics of the boys to choose from, but I think that pic is the only one of the family all together - how sad is that - it's from last November at my sis's wedding at WDW!!!! And now Carm is like 95 pounds lighter - but NOT me - I am exactly the same! :rotfl2:

Can't wait to see everyone elses pics!
Laurie

LOL, I never tire of seeing everyone's piccies, that's such a lovely family photo

Nope no luggage tags they said that we won't get them before we go....which means that we'll just go get our own luggage before getting on the shuttle to the hotel cause I don't want to risk it. I can't believe that i'll be there in a week!!! We are trying to make a list of things so that we don't forget so hopefully it will work out.....

See you soon Heather, have a good journey down and I hope everything goes really well :)

We will be looking for red:cheer2: Have a safe trip!!!:cheer2:

Have a safe journey too Debi

********​

Well Bahama Mama's, I'm signing off now. Paul should be home in an hour, so I'm going to chill as everything is done now

I'll try and post an up-to-date photo next week, so you know who to look out for, though all you need to do is look out for my pink cowboy hat ;)

Take care and I hope to catch up with you in a few days

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!! :)

Hello everyone! Can you believe everyone is starting to leave? It's getting so close and the only thing I have packed is the FE stuff. So much to do before Wednesday.

Safe travels to everyone leaving today.

Mandy - Have a safe trip. Maybe we will cross paths at WDW

Mary Ellen- hope they don't have ear infections that makes for a rough flight

Sandra - good luck and safe journey down today!!

Michele - Yes, how did Nicole do w/her testing?? Are you all packed? I'm nowhere close

Laurie - My packing piles are still just that, piles. I won't actually put things in suitcases until Tuesday night. Bethany is bringing her stuff over and we're having a packing party:rotfl:

Veronica - we haven't chatted in forever - have a great trip

Suz - how's your weather today? it's cloudy and rainy here, yuck

Jen - I'm so glad the the thing w/ Em's local PT won't effect you much and that the trip to Canada was so successful. Can't wait to meet your amazing family on the cruise

Danielle - I too say go for it w/ the mugs. We will be using ours again after the cruise too.

Melissa - where is your pic??? This way we can spot you! What time will you be heading to port?

Betty - I bet Taylor has the suitcases by the door now:lmao: I'm still working on getting Tori to give up her stuff so I can make more piles:)

Diane - how is your foot?

Deb - When are you leaving?

Kelly - can't wait to meet you...

I know I've missed people and I'm sorry. Time for me to get back to work so I can actually go on vacation. Have a great day everyone!

Hola Everbuddy!!

DEB
Blue Man Group is THE BEST SHOW ever!! :thumbsup2 I didn't realize they were playing at WDW... I almost reserved us a spot, but I think I've tapped out my current resources with other stuff... like the dive charter. Fran's email is info@divecustomaquatics.com... she and her husband are the jr scuba experts in Nassau.

BETTY
You and your daughter? JUST you and your daughter? It's just me and my daughter! Be sure and say Hi to us at the meet. I'm chubby and dark haired, Alana is skinny and blonde :cutie: ... look for the contrasting mother/daughter team. lol

FISH EXTENDER EXTRAS?
It sounds like some of you will have some extra goodies??... I never had the time to get a the FE thing together, but I'm sure Alana would LOVE to get some lil surprises delivered to the room if you have extra, I mean. We'll be in Stateroom 1038... it'll have pics of us on the door. I'll put something on the fish to put stuff in just in case. Maybe some kinda yarn baggie. lol :rotfl: Dorkiest FE on the boat, but at least Alana will get a surprise or two.

CUSTOMS
I'm so sorry :sad2: to hear that someone else had trouble at US Customs from Canada. It's friggin NIGHTMARISH... here. The Canadians are so polite and sweet and kind.. then we come back HOME and get TORTURED by our own people!! It's awful. I was tortured on my way back from my honeymoon and a couple other times. We live 20 miles from Canada.

PACKING
Goodness... you'd all think I was sooo ANAL if you could see my packing lists and itinerary and so forth. lol ... I have about as much fun planning as I do on the actual trip. I update both lists every day. hee hee.. regardless.. not quite packed yet, although I've been workin on it since last weekend. FOUR days til we leave!! YAHOO YIP YIP!!

Looking forward to seein you all at the GOOFY POOL @ 2:30 on Departure Day. I'll prolly be too shy to say much... I'm not much good at crowds in general... I'm sorta the small town, reclusive sort. lol :grouphug:

I was so excited reading up today that I got teary. OMGosh do I ever need a vacation! :cheer2:

Hi Everyone

When i read these boards I get sad I didn't come here sooner.. going to get some of my Fe things tomorrow!!

This is our first cruise and we are not sure how the rotational dining works. In particular, we made reservations one night for Palo's but did not want to miss eating at Artist's Pallette. Are you assigned a restaurant each night so that if it is the same night as Palo's we miss out? Thanks for the help.

This is our first cruise and we are not sure how the rotational dining works. In particular, we made reservations one night for Palo's but did not want to miss eating at Artist's Pallette. Are you assigned a restaurant each night so that if it is the same night as Palo's we miss out? Thanks for the help.

You are assigned a restaurant, but perhaps you can request a change if Palo and Artist's conflict.

Diane

In 12 hours we will be on the plane at BWI heading to Florida. :goodvibes It will be great meeting all of you.

Have a good trip and we'll see you on the 24th.:banana: :cheer2: :woohoo:

Janet
:moped:

Hello everyone

Melissa - I leave for Orlando the same day as you. I think we may be some of the last ones left here on the board. Hope you get to relax a little this week now that school is over!

Mary Ellen - Have a safe trip! I hope you didn't hit all the bad weather tonight on the drive!

Jen - Looks like you will be here on the boards with us until almost the end too! Thanks for the countdowns! Good luck getting all your errands and packing done!

Laurie - I loved the pictures from the party. Looks like everyone had fun. Did you get all the things you wanted to accomplished today?

Debi - How were the kids ears? I hope all was Ok and that you have a safe and good trip down!

Sandy - Good luck on all that packing! Hopefully we can find a few minutes to chat this weekend!

Pam - I am sure I have a few trinkets that I can leave for Alana. Good luck packing.

Hi Everyone

When i read these boards I get sad I didn't come here sooner.. going to get some of my Fe things tomorrow!!
At least you found us before the trip:) Good luck getting your FE stuff - I know its a lot to do at the last minute but it is a good way to get in the Disney mood

As Diane mentioned you could try to change your Palo reservation if it turns out to be the same day as you are assigned to Animator's. Also, you can have dinner at Palo and a snack at your assigned restaurant if the timing works out (we are eating at Palo on Pirate night at 6:30pm then we will go down and have an appetizer at our assigned place with the kids since they want to eat in the dining room on Pirate night and we have late seating). Of course they will then be rolling us out onto the deck to watch the fireworks:crazy2:
I don't think I asked you before - what part of LI are you from? We are from Bethpage - we'll be flying out of Islip on the 23rd.

Janet - Have a safe flight down to Florida! See you soon!

Michele - You have been very quiet today! I hope you got a lot of packing done!

Suzanne - How is your sister - hope she is feeling much better!

Diane - How are you making out with the foot?

A big hello to all I missed! Have a good trip to all those traveling!

I spent some time today getting all my FE stuff together and starting to put it in a suitcase. I hope to get a lot more packing and errands done this weekend so I'm not so busy next week. I'm also going crazy watching that storm down in the Caribbean wishing it gone and smooth sailing for us!
Have a great weekend everyone!

Hello Everyone! The kids are ok! Chris does have some fluid in his ear but it is not infected. The doctor told me to give them both benadryl before the flight. I too keep looking at the 2 storms, they need to turn around and go back to where they came from:lmao:. Off to do some more packing, we leave for the airport in 3 hours. :banana: I will have my laptop so I will check in once we get settled.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter