2007 rates...Paying extra for WL bunk beds!!!

AKL does offer bunks in standard... well at least for now anyway.

I can't believe everyone is ok with this one. I had already make courtyard reservations to get bunk beds. I am not paying more on top of that. I immediately called and changed to a standard room. The view is not that important. This decision cost Disney some of my money.

burt1ok said:
I can't believe everyone is ok with this one. I had already make courtyard reservations to get bunk beds. I am not paying more on top of that. I immediately called and changed to a standard room. The view is not that important. This decision cost Disney some of my money.

Your courtyard reservation would not have guaranteed you a room with bunk beds. Until 2007 it is still a request.

If you need bunk beds why did you book standard which does not have any bunk beds. :confused3

If you are going in 2007 and you want book bunk beds, you will have to book them in the new category.

burt1ok said:

Its simple supply and demand. The fact that you've now effectively 'given up' any chance of bunks by downgrading to standard (unless you're lucky enough to get an upgrade at checkin) means that some other guest who is more than willing to pay the $$ will get the bunks.

It may have cost Disney some of your money, but trust me...there is someone right behind you ready to hand theirs over without a second thought.

RachaelRol said:
OT, but what did it change to?

Here is the info:
As of May 1, preferred rooms at All Star Movies will include the Fantasia section and all of Dalmations & Toy Story. At Pop, preferred rooms will include the 60's and also some rooms in the 50's & 70's sections.

Hope that helps.

Have fun at Disney! :wizard:

CF'er said:
It is only a $20 per night charge and yes there does seem to be quite a demand if the traffic on the DIS is any indication.

I think $20 a night is a bit steep. We have paid $15 for a rollaway in the moderates before which somehow seems like a better deal. DS is 15 and DD 11, so I think rollaways are better for them after our next AKL trip next week. Much more mattress space with a double and a rollaway.

Do deluxes offer the rollaways? With a boy and a girl we need the seperate beds.

On mousesavers it says it is $25 more for the Courtyard (WL) and Savannah (AKL) view rooms with bunkbeds. $20 more for Woods (WL) and Pool (AKL) bunkbeds.

I think it's great that guests who want/need bunk beds will be able to reserve them. Disney better be careful and not overbook that room category. Guests will be paying extra to guarantee them and there really isn't anything Disney can give a guest as an upgrade.

Lewisc said:
I think it's great that guests who want/need bunk beds will be able to reserve them. Disney better be careful and not overbook that room category. Guests will be paying extra to guarantee them and there really isn't anything Disney can give a guest as an upgrade.

Can you say CONCIERGE????? For a concierge upgrade my DS10 and DD8 can either share a bed or we will split the sexes DH/DS share and DD/myself. :banana:

I hope there are enough rooms to meet what I think will be a bigger demand since not all people know they are available, now they will.

I think we are going for the Cabins next year but if that changes it will be WL BB room for sure.

I can understand why they may be doing it, I know a lot of people requested bunk beds because they thought their kids would like them (this is based on what I have read here on the boards.) We requested them because we were traveling with DD - 16 and her boyfriend, we would not allow them to share a bed. Next year DD & her boyfriend will both be 18 when we go, it will be frustrating to have to pay $50.00 extra for the 2 extra adults in the room plus $20.00 extra for the bunk beds. That will add $700.00 on to the cost of our vacation, but I guess that is what I will have to do.

In 2002 and 2003, we actually did not request bunk beds and got them. We then had our room changed to two queen beds. Our children were too small to use them. Then in 2004 & 2005 we requsted the bunk beds and got them. Not only does it give my DD and DS their own bed, I think also that there is a little more room in the room also with them. This year, we are requesting them again. And yes, if need be, I would pay for them.

luvdzny said:
I can understand why they may be doing it, I know a lot of people requested bunk beds because they thought their kids would like them (this is based on what I have read here on the boards.) We requested them because we were traveling with DD - 16 and her boyfriend, we would not allow them to share a bed. Next year DD & her boyfriend will both be 18 when we go, it will be frustrating to have to pay $50.00 extra for the 2 extra adults in the room plus $20.00 extra for the bunk beds. That will add $700.00 on to the cost of our vacation, but I guess that is what I will have to do.
You could just request a rollaway to go in a room with 2 queens. They are $15 I think (they cost that at the mods) and that may be more comfortable for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter