2007 Info & Package Questions

klwdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I've just been given the green light by DH to book our 10th anniversary trip! :dance3:

I went onto Disney's website yesterday and got a quote for a Package for POR 11/10-11/17/07 with 3 day passes with the hopper option (we have 3 day hoppers leftover from past trips) withDisney Dining for $2350... that's not including the AAA discount I qualify for. I think that's a pretty good deal with the dining included... do you?

Now... I picked that week as our anniversary is 11/15. But, we'd like to avoid Super Soap Weekend (im sure that would boost crowds considerably wouldn't it?) - DH & I HATE HATE HATE crowds of any kind. haha And we would also like to catch the tail end of the F&W Fest. If we book this package and then find that the dates aren't good and want to switch to the week before that, would there be a problem? :confused3

In the past I've always booked things separately myself without booking a package, so Im not sure how the packages work with flexibility, etc. :confused3

Any advice would be appreciated... Thanks so much! :love:

Bump...

Ok I'll narrow it down. If I book a package thru Disney, can I change the dates later on if I need to or will that be a problem?

How do I go about getting a AAA discount on my package? Can I book it now without (the website doesn't give you a spot to enter your AAA info) and go back and change it?

Thanks!

You're right, I don't think I can use AAA on a package. But unfortunately AAA isn't booking vacations that far out. The price I got thru Disney and Dreams Unlimited was $2332 for 7 nights at POR with 3 day passes with hopper & water plus option (we have 3 days of left over passes from previous trips) and the dining plan.

The cost to book this out separately myself is $1,717 for a room only at POR with a 15% AAA disc and 3 day passes with hopper & water plus options. This is a $615 difference!!

Now Im trying to figure out how much we'd spend on food for the week if we didn't have a dining plan to see which plan makes the most sense for us.

Im leaning towards the dining package. This way we could eat in restaurants we normally wouldn't spend the money on. BUT it would also require us making ADR's - which we hate to do. We are not itinerary people. haha

Hi,, KLWDisney - we're booked for the week before you - 11/3 - 11/10. You should be able to move your dates, no problem, especially this early. Be advised that the week we're going (the week before you) is Jersey Week - the schools in NJ are closed for several days of that week due to Election Day and teacher enrichment courses, so the Garden State heads south to Disney World. I've never been during Jersey Week, but I understand you get a significant bump in attendance towards the end of the week due to the Super Soap weekend and the F&W festival finale. I believe its also Veterans Day (?) on the following Monday, and attendance is heavy then as well.

As to AAA packages - you must book thru AAA to get the AAA Package. If you're booking a room only and want to apply a AAA discount, that can be done thru CRO. AAA packages discount the room rates, but not the rates for park entry tickets, or meal plans. They do have some other perks - such as parking passes and vouchers for a free character meet-and-greet photo session.

If you're trying to re-book a AAA reservation, package or room-only, be aware that your ability to re-book depends on availability of the AAA discount - AAA may be able to offer you a discounted room for one week, but not have any discounted rooms available the next.

By the way, you can book AAA packages this far out - I just booked ours on Monday, and as I said, we're only one week in front of you.

Thank you sooooooooo much Mulan's Mom!!! Im just so torn on what to do!! Our wedding anniversary is 11/15 so we really would like to go that week. But we like the F&W Fest too. I'll have to ask DH what he wants to do.

I couldn't get a package price online thru AAA... the dates only went to June of 2007. Can I call them just to get a price? And do they book the dining packages at AAA too?

Five trips to Disney and I feel like a dunce right now! haha :crazy:

The only way to book on-line with AAA is to include a flight. Just go to your local AAA office and they can book your trip for you

klwdisney said:
Thank you sooooooooo much Mulan's Mom!!! Im just so torn on what to do!! Our wedding anniversary is 11/15 so we really would like to go that week. But we like the F&W Fest too. I'll have to ask DH what he wants to do.

I couldn't get a package price online thru AAA... the dates only went to June of 2007. Can I call them just to get a price? And do they book the dining packages at AAA too?

Five trips to Disney and I feel like a dunce right now! haha :crazy:

I booked my AAA package over the phone, no problem. Since you're well within your 499 day limit, you should be able to book your package. They are happy just to price the trip for you, if you don't want to commit right now. They will also book the dining plan for you.

Just my 2 cents on Jersey week. I was born and raised in New Jersey nd my very first trip to WDW was during Jersey week (back in 1984) because then your parents only have to take youout of school for 3 days instead of 5. DH and I went during Jersey week on our last trip and didn't find the crowds to be any worse then other weeks in November (before Thanksgiving of corse). You just run into a lot more people from Jersey. Also, if you are there for Super Soap Weekend just avoid MGM that weekend because it will be a zoo! Other then then crowds at MGM forthe actual weekend of Super Soap Weekend it didn't seem to affect crowd levels during the week.

So I got quotes from a few places (disney, dreams unlimited, etc.) and got right around the same price $2332 for 7 nights at POR with 3 day hopper passes with water option and the dining package.

I called AAA to get a quote too and the price they quoted me was only a measley $68 less than the other prices!!! Is that normal? I think that's pretty pathetic. Once I told the travel agent that it was only $68 less she said she was going to call disney directly to see what the quote would be for non-AAA members.

I offered to forward her the 3 or 4 other quotes I'd received so we'll see what she says...

If you don't like crowds, make sure you avoid MGM during SSW. The lines for the rides/shows aren't that bad since most people are there for the Soap Event, however with the amount of extra bodies in the park, it will increase the lines for dining, trams, restrooms, etc. Your best bet is to go the Friday before or Monday after.
ENJOY!!!!!!!

Thanks Dznynut2! Since that initial post, the FDP was offered and I jumped on it. We're now going at the end of September instead of November. A little early but it saved me $700! :cool1: Im nervous about dealing with that high humidity for a week since we prefer November's weather... but with the savings we just couldn't pass up the deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter