2007 DDP, HDDMR, and WC's, OM (oh my!)

BlindTyldak

WoW-geek
Okay, according to the brochure for the 2007 DDP, the DDP can only be used at dinner shows (like HDD) for Category 2 and 3. Now in the case of HDD, wheelchair seating is ONLY in Cat. 1 (which I don't get . . . can they make someone pay more just because they are in a wheelchair and don't have the option to utilize the other seating? :confused3 ). Either way, has anyone heard in this case then if people in wheelchairs will have to pay for HDD out of pocket instead since their section is not covered?

No, I haven't heard of any cases of that. I would doubt that it would ever happen.

I saw the changes for Hoop dee doo with the catagories and all. not happy. Raised $8 just to make sure you aren't put in the balcony. :sad2: DH wanted to go to HDD. That was his fav and pick.

Can someone explain the categories to me? We have ressies for September and I have no idea what category they're for...I didn't know there were categories!

TIA!

I must be honest I like the changes because we like to be up top in the balcony. As far as the WC's I don't think that it would fair at all if they made you pay out of pocket because you have to sit in Section 1 due to being in a WC. I don't think Disney would alienate those guests. Has anyone called to see if this is so?

goofyinohio said:
I must be honest I like the changes because we like to be up top in the balcony. As far as the WC's I don't think that it would fair at all if they made you pay out of pocket because you have to sit in Section 1 due to being in a WC. I don't think Disney would alienate those guests. Has anyone called to see if this is so?

I wonder if this was done in order to keep visitors from pretending they need a WC in order to get seated on the lower level. :confused3

BlindTyldak said:
Okay, according to the brochure for the 2007 DDP, the DDP can only be used at dinner shows (like HDD) for Category 2 and 3. Now in the case of HDD, wheelchair seating is ONLY in Cat. 1 (which I don't get . . . can they make someone pay more just because they are in a wheelchair and don't have the option to utilize the other seating? :confused3 ). Either way, has anyone heard in this case then if people in wheelchairs will have to pay for HDD out of pocket instead since their section is not covered?
No, they can't.
They can't legally charge more for wheelchair accessible seating if their less expensive seating is not accessible. They should make places available in all seating price ranges if possible.
We have gone to sporting events where we have gotten seated in a more expensive area for a cheaper place because that was where the only accessible places were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!