• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken & Mary - Congratulations on becoming Grandparents! You guys don't seem "old" enough to be Grandparents, though! :)

Diana - Ouch. Here's hoping that you're feeling better. That's one illness that I've never dealt with. :sick:

Cindy - I really think that the scrapbooking place would be cool! Of course, after last weekend, it looks as if we'd have to bring along our husbands, as well! :rotfl:

Mary - I'm so sorry about your kitty. It sounds to me like Cardiomyopathy. It's often difficult to diagnose, and death can be painful and sudden. I've lost two of my own to the evil disease. As hard as this may be to believe, it's actually better that your little one went so quickly. She didn't have to endure the sudden paralysis and INTENSE pain that oftentimes accompany Cardiomyopathy. She's totally hanging out with my "lost" zoo up in kitty heaven! :hug:

While on the subject: We got the results back from Freckles' blood work. Renal failure - it was going to be one of three things, and it's the one that I can't "fix". He's in very early stages, though, so he should still be with us for a fair amount of time. And it looks like my old lady, Kasey (18), is going downhill. We've suspected for a time that she has an inner ear tumor, and we've been watching and spoiling her. Well, she now has a lump the size of a ping-pong ball beneath her right ear. If it's not an abcess, it's very bad news. We almost lost her in December, so I guess that I should be appreciative of the extra months that I had with her... <sigh> :sad1:

Not too much "happy" here in Mudville. I'm glad that Spring Training starts next week... :sunny:

Karen - thanks so much for the explanation. Makes it a little easier. Sorry your cats are having some health issues - I always say I'm not going to get attached but it just happens - they are just like having kids around.

Are you going down for spring training Karen - I was there a few years ago but with my dd's father-in-law's failing health, I will be sticking around to help with Christopher. It was fun to see the "boys" up close when they first get there tho. Maybe next year.

Thanks for all the :grouphug: everyone - I've been sharing them with the other cat and the dog - they were at a loss yesterday looking for their buddy.

Mary and Karen, Hugs and thoughts on all the furbaby sadness. Its always sad when we lose one.

Just stopping by to say hi to the rest of everyone. It was -11 on the way home from work this morning so I am just gonna stay in I think today. Windchills are in the -25 or so range. I have got to buy more lottery tickets .

Have a great weekend everyone.

Squid

We get to go shopping for a new microwave tomorrow. Ours took a dump and can't be repaired. Just what I so wanted to spend money for this weekend.

Be careful. When we went shopping for a microwave a couple weeks back, we ended up buying one of those, a new oven and a new washer & dryer set. :confused3

The new washer & dryer will be here Tuesday. I'm so much more excited about those than I am about the oven that's already here just waiting to be used. :worried:

Cindy - I really think that the scrapbooking place would be cool! Of course, after last weekend, it looks as if we'd have to bring along our husbands, as well! :rotfl:

ahhhh, but if we convert them over the dark side, just imagine what supplies they might find that they just have to have!!!! :thumbsup2 ::yes:: :cheer2:

While on the subject: We got the results back from Freckles' blood work. Renal failure - it was going to be one of three things, and it's the one that I can't "fix". He's in very early stages, though, so he should still be with us for a fair amount of time. And it looks like my old lady, Kasey (18), is going downhill. We've suspected for a time that she has an inner ear tumor, and we've been watching and spoiling her. Well, she now has a lump the size of a ping-pong ball beneath her right ear. If it's not an abcess, it's very bad news. We almost lost her in December, so I guess that I should be appreciative of the extra months that I had with her... <sigh> :sad1:

Karen, I'm so sorry for you and Curt. I know your fur babies are an important part our your lives and it's sad when you know there isn't anything you can do to prolong the inevitable. :hug:

Taxes are done! Well at least my part. Now it is in the hands of the accountant. Just have to copy all our paperwork and mail it off to him on Monday. The rest goes electronically.

Rest of the weekend will be spent getting ready for Hawaii.

Mary - I'm so sorry to hear about your cat :grouphug: . I think I would have ben in a minor state of shock if that happened to on of our fur balls.

Tina - Have fun on your trip!

Lily - Don't shop for a microwave like Cindy did!!!!!

I've been so busy this last week I've only just had a chance to pop in.

We'll my sister is on the Queen Mary 2 (she's such a snot). She'll be home like April 10th or 11th. I can't wait to see all her pictures from the cruise and all the ports of call. She will be able to get off at some ports but not all and unfortunately she doesn't know which one's yet. I kept telling her she was a snot for being able to be on the ship and she kept reminding me she is working, but still she is getting paid (and good) plus tips to be on a 50 day cruise on the QM2. Heck the only way any of us would have been able to do that cruise is if we were working (I checked the prices and I could buy a house for the price of that cruise.) Oh well she is on a grand adventure and I can't wait till she gets back so I can hear all about it and see her pics.

My cricut came yesterday!:woohoo: :woohoo: I just had to try it right away. Wow is that going to save some time on the next batch of CJ's.:thumbsup2 Oh and I bought a crockadile (? on spelling,sorry)too.Way too much in one week.:eek: But,I love them both.

My cricut came yesterday!:woohoo: :woohoo: I just had to try it right away. Wow is that going to save some time on the next batch of CJ's.:thumbsup2 Oh and I bought a crockadile (? on spelling,sorry)too.Way too much in one week.:eek: But,I love them both.

Cool! :cool1:

I wish I could find a crop-a-dial here. :sad2: But so far, no luck. :sad2:

Cool! :cool1:

I wish I could find a crop-a-dial here. :sad2: But so far, no luck. :sad2:

I stopped by my Mike's today and they must have gotten a new stock of them in because the peg was full. I can see if there is an add in tomorrow's paper with a 40% off coupon and pick one up for you with.
Just let me know.

Mary - I'm SO sorry to hear about your kitty!!! Those furbabies sure do capture our hearts, don't we?!?!?!?

Karen - I'm also sorry to hear about your kitty medical issues. I sure do hope that it works out for the best for you!!! Pixie dust for those kitties.

Cindy - If I see a crop-o-dile around here, I'll let you know.

Well, with all of these sad kitty issues, we might be adding one to our little family. I saw an orange kitty sitting outside my bedroom window the other night, but didn't think much of it because we have some outside kitties around our neighborhood. Then last night Chris was grilling some steaks by the pool and came in to say that there was a kitty outside crying.

So, we go outside, and out there is this adorable kitten (no older than 4-5 months), extremely affectionate, but quite skinny and somewhat dirty. Emily fell in love with her and kept pleading with Chris to let her inside because she needed a family. She even told Chris about 'Ohana and no one gets left behind, it was just too precious. Anyway, we went back inside for dinner and just let it be.

Fast forward to this afternoon and Chris asks if I ever went back out to look for the cat. Nope, just never thought about it. Then, a few hours later he was outside pulling weeds and I go outside to talk to him. I look back towards the backyard to see if I see the cat and I don't at first, but then realize that she's staring at us by our fence. She comes right over and we pet her for a few minutes, and she's all over us.

We talked to the neighbor and she said that the kitty has been around for several days, and no one seems to know where she came from. So, now the girls are in love with her and I did put some food and water out for her because I hate to see a cat go hungry. Well, now she's desperately trying to get inside.

Chris relented and we're going to leave her outside (because we want to protect our cat too), but we're going to call the SPCA, Friends of Strays and the local vet to see if anyone "lost" a cat. And, if not, I think that she just might be ours. She's an orange tabby, but it looks like she has some maine coon cat in her, because she has a HUGE puffy tail.

Woo Hoo!!!
You will have such fun with your new toys!!!!

So, Chris - when do I get to come over and see your new scrapbooking toy?

Amy - good luck with the new kitty - I think she has found herself a good home - love the line about Ohana from Emily. Kids are too smart now-adays. I always bathed my strays in Pert shampoo when they moved in - seems to get rid of all the pests they carry and doesn't hurt them.

Karen--I'm so sorry to hear of your cats medical issues. It's so sad that we have to go through things like that with them. :(

Amy--that kitty sounds so cute!! You guys should name him 'Ohana!!

I always think about getting Alex a friend since Penny has left us. He's been so down and blah since October, but he's so fiesty with another sibling, I welcomed his calmness but now I see he is pretty sad. I did swear that we weren't going to get another dog--but if I bring home a kitty, it's fair game! :rolleyes1

Amy, I am allergic to cats, but it does sound cute.

Cindy, NEVER SMILE AT A CROP-O-DILE! Trust me on that (RRBB got one from polkadotpotato.com when they were closinge them out for $13.00 during the holidays last year) :eek: :eek: :eek:

Catch ya'll later!!!!

:figment:

We'll my sister is on the Queen Mary 2

Funny you should mention that the QM2 cruise is an adventure, someone was telling me last week that the Queen almost hit the Golden Gate bridge as she was passing through the narrows. UGH!!:sail: Just something that I heard.

I stopped by my Mike's today and they must have gotten a new stock of them in because the peg was full. I can see if there is an add in tomorrow's paper with a 40% off coupon and pick one up for you with.
Just let me know.

I wonder if that's the trick. :scratchin: My 40% off coupon was from last Sunday's paper and being I was there today, they were all out. But.....next time there's a 40% off, I wonder if I hit the store Sunday morning when they open, if they might have some. This is the second time I've been the Michael's and no luck. I'm starting to get a little frustrated. I looked in my LSS & Archivers, nothing there either. :headache:

Thanks for the offer, Stacy & Amy & Diana too, but I think I'll pass as of right now and just keep pounding the pavement around here looking for one. As Diana said to me earlier, it's heavy to ship so the savings that I might think I'm getting might not be a savings at all if I have to pay shipping for it.

Stacy, I meant to comment about your sister on the QM2. I'm glad she was able to catch up with the ship and I hope this turns out to be an awesome (& safe!!) experience for her!!!! :cheer2:

Good morning everyone! Happy Sunday!

Amy your new little kitty sounds adorable. I'm' allergic to so no cats here but my in-laws have 2 and my BIL and his wife have 5. I know they dearly love all of thiers.

Good Morning everyone - tonite is DVC chat - hope to see some of you there - use the link above to find us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter