• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am SO glad I switched TAs away from DU for the PC cruise. My new TA contacted me today to tell me DU messed up royally. When they made the reservation, they switched the existing reservation I had for December 2007 that I made on board in October on which I put a $500 deposit. Apparently, what I didn't know was that for the eastbound PC cruise, instead of $250 a person, a deposit of $500 perperson was required. Had my new TA not caught the error, I would have lost my reservation.

I am SO glad I switched TAs away from DU for the PC cruise. My new TA contacted me today to tell me DU messed up royally. When they made the reservation, they switched the existing reservation I had for December 2007 that I made on board in October on which I put a $500 deposit. Apparently, what I didn't know was that for the eastbound PC cruise, instead of $250 a person, a deposit of $500 perperson was required. Had my new TA not caught the error, I would have lost my reservation.
:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: I'm glad you got that fixed! That's a no brainer booking. I don't know how they messed up that bad.:confused3 Just glad that you caught it in time to keep your ress.Chris

Yikes!! I'm glad it got fixed. :)

With reading all that I did on the boards after last weeks bookings, I am so glad that I didn't end up transfering our reservation over to DU. I think that Dreams, along with a lot of other TA's, probably took on more than they should have for booking day. Everyone has limits and being experienced with this type of booking day, I would have thought that DU would have looked out a little better for their customers best interest.

Are you still on the WB Repo cruise?

Wow Sandy, you got lucky. After my experience with DU this time around, I will never let them have any of my business again. I do realize the agents did their best considering the way things were, but what they should have done was sent out an email right in the beginning saying, hey, this is what we're up against, maybe you should try to book yourself and transfer your reservations. At least being upfront and honest about their situation would have gotten more people what they wanted instead of all those people waiting around only to hear they didn't get on at all. In such a service oriented business, I think they lost a lot of loyal customers with this fiasco.

Ok confused - everyone who booked a repo had to make an additional deposit, and it strikes me as odd that some DU agents did not know that.

Guess we got lucky!

I am glad I am not the only one. I got rid of my subscription to that thread because it just goes on and on without any real information.
I've tried to keep up with that thread but it's impossible unless you're sitting at your computer 24/7. I can't believe it's well over 13,000 posts already, and it was just started on Jan. 13! It's redeeming factor is that the OP puts together a recap every 500 posts and adds the link to the "Cliff's Notes" in the first post of the thread.

yes, but I decided to waitlist for the eastbound cause all the cool people are on that one (and ya'all know who you are :cool1:
I hope the waitlist comes through for you. I'd bet with a year and a half to cruise time there are bound to be some opening.

Congratulations Mary and Ken. What wonderful news.

Thanks for the pics that were posted of the weekend. It looks like we missed a fantastic time. I'm definitely looking forward to CP.

Just checking in to see if everyone up north is keeping warm :hug:

The temps are getting warmer - that is if you think 14 degrees is warm. The wind chill is at 0 but it's been below zero for the past few days. :cold: So it looks like we are just heating up here :lmao:

Deanna went back to school today after having Monday and Tuesday off. We did venture out last night after the temps went above 10.

Just checking in to see if everyone up north is keeping warm :hug:

Well, it is currently 4 degrees here. :cold: Not exactly balmy. What's sad? We had a 20 degree warm-up on Wednesday (from the past several days), and it was still only in the twenties. Yep. Do the math. That's bad... :sad2:

Good Morning! I think I've caught up. Sounds like you all had a great time.
Mary congrats on new grandbaby coming, sounds promising for many trips to WDW :goodvibes
I've been crazy busy so it's been difficult to keep up on my threads. Sure wish we could join you all at Cedar Point but I don't think it's happening. DD and I will be in Chicago on July 18-20 for a conference, it's possible we can extend the trip but not likely unless we can find a cheap hotel for the interim. Sure wish we lived closer to most of you.
It's sooooo cold here I think my brain is freezing :scared1:, I went to a ladies potluck dinner last night with rice pilaf in hand, left the house and traveled
10mi before I realized I didn't have the house address, phone number or cell phone with me. I stopped at a convenience store to look up the number but the person was unlisted :sad2: So I went home and had some cold rice pilaf for dinner alone :confused3 I'm really losing it working these two jobs (52hr/wk) but it's nice to be able to afford some things for a change. Oh well.

Good morning everyone! Still cold here as well. High of 12 today but as Gail said better than a negative number. :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny: helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter