2006 Disney Dining Plan FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyMom5 said:
I believe at Pop Century that I was able to purchase fruit as my dessert. It was my stab at being healthy. LOL

My sister just stayed at PC in January & was able to substitute fruit for her dessert at PC.

I understand that last year you could use the dining plan for the Candlelight Processional dinner packages-- did anyone here do this, and if so, how was it? Any thoughts as to whether they'll allow it again this year? Thanks.

Abra Cat said:
I understand that last year you could use the dining plan for the Candlelight Processional dinner packages-- did anyone here do this, and if so, how was it? Any thoughts as to whether they'll allow it again this year? Thanks.

I do not have a definite answer for you. I can only assume that it would be offerred again if it was last year.

Hi! :woohoo: I'm planning my 2007 Disney extravagnaza Trip...and I'm a little confused with the Dinning Plans. The Dinning Plan includes all my meals per Day (B-L-D) Or just the diner? What is the difference between the Dinning and the pRemium (Meal-speaking)?

I know there must be some answer here...if it is...could you point me to the thread?

THANKS A LOT!!!!! :goodvibes

silverangel879 said:
Hi! :woohoo: I'm planning my 2007 Disney extravagnaza Trip...and I'm a little confused with the Dinning Plans. The Dinning Plan includes all my meals per Day (B-L-D) Or just the diner? What is the difference between the Dinning and the pRemium (Meal-speaking)?

I know there must be some answer here...if it is...could you point me to the thread?

THANKS A LOT!!!!! :goodvibes

Hi,

The dining plan that were discussing here is a more basic meal plan. The 1st page of this sticky should help. Disney does offer more extensive plans. Click on this link for more information. If you have further questions. Just ask :)

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/packageListing?id=PackageListing06Page

I was just cruising over this thread and noticed Catina de San Angel does not have a dessert menu. What will they do in cases like this for the CS meals??? Or is the churro considered the dessert portion?

Just got back on Monday and wanted to let you know that the two of us who were on the dining plan were able to share our TS credits at Le Cellier with guests. We used 6 TS credits to pay for our meal.

The two of us over the 5 night visit saved $265.97 on the dining plan. Loved it and would not hesitate to use it again, and I am a DDE member too! We did use the DDE to pay for alcholic beverages and for a couple of meals for our kids who were not staying with us. Those of you who have gotten the plan for free were so very lucky. Next time I see a deal like that, if there is ever a deal like that again, I will jump at the chance to return to DW for another visit.

DisneyaholicRaquel said:
I was just cruising over this thread and noticed Catina de San Angel does not have a dessert menu. What will they do in cases like this for the CS meals??? Or is the churro considered the dessert portion?

I ate there last summer but I don't remember anything else that would be considered a dessert except the churro. Anyone else know?

has anyone used the plan with just two adults and do they think it was worth it? we're planning on going to at least 3 signature dinners during our 7 nite stay. also, do we just get a seperate bill for alcohol?

thanks in advance

We just recently did the plan with 2 adults and found it totally worth it. Dining well is part of our vacation experience so with or without the dining plan we at at many fine TS locations. Kona was a new favorite that we will do again in the future.

You will receive a seperate check for things not covered on the plan. I used my DDE for those purchases for an additional 20% off.

I'm planning my trip...and i'm considering the dinning plan. But it's only my DB and I, and I don't eat much. Is the dinning plan worth it if you share food? :scratchin

THANKS!!!

For that to work out, you'd probably have to do CS for breakfast every day, and TS for lunch and dinner every day. That's a lot of TS, even if you're sharing (since you're sharing because you "don't eat much").

My wife and I lost 160 pounds (and we've kept about 120 of that off for almost five years now!) :) Fortunately, most of the WDW restaurants we really like are now serving reasonable portions (i.e., not enough to share, even with our smaller appetites, so I guess that would be "unfortunate" for folks looking to share Dining Plan meals).

Wow! Congrats!! :cool1:

I should started asking about the portions :lmao:...
So, if the portions are reasonable...I think I'll book the dinning plan!! And enjoy the food!

Thanks.... :thumbsup2!!!!

It's not consistent, but there seems to be a trend -- an inverse relationship between price and portion size. The signature restaurants (the ones that charge 2 TS credits for each diner, like Artist Point and California Grill, instead of just 1 TS credit) actually seem to have the smaller portions, while the lower priced 1TS restaurants (like Prime Time Cafe) seem to have larger portions.

Also remember that you cannot share Dining Plan at buffets, family-style or any other prix fix meals.

Does counter service come with dessert or not?? In the dining plan info it says entree,dessert or combo meal. what does that mean? If you get a combo meal can you get dessert with it? Or does it mean entree plus dessert or a combo meal?? Is a combo meal considered and entree?? I am confused.
Thanks

iluvvacay said:
Does counter service come with dessert or not?? In the dining plan info it says entree,dessert or combo meal. what does that mean? If you get a combo meal can you get dessert with it? Or does it mean entree plus dessert or a combo meal?? Is a combo meal considered and entree?? I am confused.
Thanks

A counter service lunch does include dessert. The change for 2006 is you can no longer get dessert with a counter service breakfast ie. danish or muffin. A combo meal would be an entree along with a side such as french fries + dessert.

We got back last Wed. and used the dining plan. It was amazing. We had plenty of food and no problems with the plan. I highly recommend getting the dining plan if you go. It pays for its self in just a few meals.

My niece who is 28 years old is a picky eater and when she would asked to order off the kids menu they would give her a larger serving.

I was wondering if anyone has any information about the free dining plan being free last Sept-October? When it started? When it was announce? My neighbor went the same week we went October1-9 and she got the food plan free. I could not get it because I am a DVC owner. But I am trying to plan a trip for friends. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter