2006 Disney Dining Plan FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it wouldn't be quite as confusing if we weren't trying to find every loophole that we can use to our advantage. Our collective actions, as consumers, often work against our own interests sometimes.

Appetizers and desserts meant for 2 are not included in the plan. There have been plenty of posts in the past year of others who have tried & were denied.

jjohnson said:
Appetizers and desserts meant for 2 are not included in the plan. There have been plenty of posts in the past year of others who have tried & were denied.
Why aren't they included? Once people are willing to give up 2 TS credits for them, surely they should be allowed :confused3

bicker said:
I think it wouldn't be quite as confusing if we weren't trying to find every loophole that we can use to our advantage. Our collective actions, as consumers, often work against our own interests sometimes.
I don't believe for one second that Sammie was trying to find loopholes. She asked a sensible question, one that I wanted to know the answer to too. I'm disappointed to see that it's not allowed.

bicker said:

Was this meant for my comment, about entrees for 2?

jjohnson said:

Thanks for reply based on fact and not emotion nor on trying to read into someone's question something that does not exist. I admit I have not had time to read the pages and pages of posts on the Dining plan therefore if this area has been covered I apologize for asking an old question.

I just don't see the difference as Deb stated in using 2 credits for an appetizer for 2; would be over using 2 credits for 2 seperate appetizers? There are certainly seperate appetizers for 2 that are less expensive than the single ones.

DebIreland said:
I don't believe for one second that Sammie was trying to find loopholes. She asked a sensible question, one that I wanted to know the answer to too. I'm disappointed to see that it's not allowed.

Thanks Deb, it's he though, silly nickname my Grandma gave me as a child for Samuel.

I think my question was pretty plain, I even asked would we be allowed to use 2 credits to get an entree or appetizer for 2.

I would never think to even consider that one appetizer credit one allow one to get an appetizer meant for two, but then that is not what I asked.

As to the limitations question if certain restaurants are going to deny you to order things on the menu then possibly I would prefer to dine somewhere else. I have no intention of abusing the dining plan, good grief anyone that has been on this forum for more than a day would know where I stand on doing what is right. I mean how many times have I mean called the Moral Cop. ;)

But I do intend to get the best use of my investment. And if that means I can not order something I would usually order if paying cash; then I want to know that upfront.

Obviously some on this forum post before they read?

I don't believe for one second that Sammie was trying to find loopholes.
Neither do I (and I would hope Sammie knows that, given how long we've both been here <grin>).

My point was simply that these things are confusing because of how deeply we all dig into these offerings trying to optimize our benefit from them. Nothing was meant other than an explanation.

bicker said:
Neither do I (and I would hope Sammie knows that, given how long we've both been here <grin>).

My point was simply that these things are confusing because of how deeply we all dig into these offerings trying to optimize our benefit from them. Nothing was meant other than an explanation.

Well I thought so, but then I thought you might be having some weird Valentine moment. :rotfl:

It's not even really about optimizing the benefit, it is more about we have our favorite places to eat and we have favorites that we order from the menu. And if by using the dining plan we are limited to our choices then possibly it is not best for us. My questions are based more on ignorance of the plan than anything else.

But thanks for the followup, :thumbsup2

Sammie said:
Thanks Deb, it's he though, silly nickname my Grandma gave me as a child for Samuel.
Oooops sorry. Nothing wrong with the name Sammie for a boy. My mistake. It's a whole lot better than my Dad's 'pet' name for me which was crankshaft. :rolleyes: Don't even ask, I haven't a clue why - perhaps he couldn't afford his car repairs because a 4th child came along i.e. me :lmao:

Sammie said:
But I do intend to get the best use of my investment. And if that means I can not order something I would usually order if paying cash; then I want to know that upfront.
Exactly. No sense in planning a meal only to be disappointed when you get there. Best to get the facts straight ahead of time. :thumbsup2

Ok update on this: I spoke with the Yachtsman's Steakhouse and they will allow you to use 2 credits for any item that is listed for 2 people.

They stated they could not speak for any other location; but if 2 people in the group wish to use 2 of their appetizer or entree credits for any item listed to serve 2 people, then they do accept them. For example you can order the dessert sampler for 2, use 2 dessert credits instead of ordering for example one piece one cheesecake and one piece of chocolate cake.

Waiting on a call from WDW Food and Beverage to see if this policy is property wide or simply left up to each Restaurant.

bicker said:
(whispering) Get it in writing!

:)
I agree.

My favorite dining plan question:

Can I order the Chateaubriand (meant for 2) from YS & share it with my DH but only use (2) TS for both of us?

(there is humor to be found)

Sammie: Thanks for calling YS. It's too bad it's not standard practice at all the restaurants. I see no reason either why you couldn't order this if your combining the credits.

Did anyone else read the WP thread? Someone called & they told her there is no longer a surcharge. Should I add it to my OP? or wait until official word from Disney.

jjohnson said:
:)
I agree.

My favorite dining plan question:

Can I order the Chateaubriand (meant for 2) from YS & share it with my DH but only use (2) TS for both of us?

(there is humor to be found)

Sammie: Thanks for calling YS. It's too bad it's not standard practice at all the restaurants. I see no reason either why you couldn't order this if your combining the credits.

Did anyone else read the WP thread? Someone called & they told her there is no longer a surcharge. Should I add it to my OP? or wait until official word from Disney.

Ok I spoke with someone in Food and Beverage for the entire property and yes this is the policy. But they stated they do realize that at Disney due to the size of the property and hundreds of restaurants that policy does not always filter down to the frontline.

However if guests wish to use 2 credits to purchase an item be it appetizer, entree, or dessert then it would be the same as purchasing 2 seperate items as 2 credits would still be used.

They suggested if you run into problems with this on the server level, ask to speak to the manager as they are all aware of the policy.

Everyone just needs to understand a 2 person item requires 2 credits.

And an interesting PS. They are very aware of the abuses or attempt to abuse the dining program and are studying ways to tweak it to prevent this. And also interestingly enough are very much aware of the Refillable mug situation and are working on that too. So they do care and are aware that the frontline CM is not helping the situation by not enforcing policy.

Sammie said:
And an interesting PS. They are very aware of the abuses or attempt to abuse the dining program and are studying ways to tweak it to prevent this.

Did they specify what they meant by "abuses"? Just curious.

DebIreland said:
Did they specify what they meant by "abuses"? Just curious.

No they didn't. Just that with any new or newly successful program you always have areas that need adjusting after you implement the program and see how the public is going to use or abuse it.

Interestingly the person I spoke with said in developing any program for Disney they try for months prior to release to brainstorm all the possible scenarios where problems might exist but they are never as creative as those that wish to scam them. ;)

So they develop it, implement it, set back and watch and then make changes if needed. They said due to the vastness of the Disney corportation sometimes those changes are slow in coming, as they have to be made through so many different channels.

And that one of the their greatest challenges since many guests will not follow policy unless forced to; is to come up with ways to do that so that the frontline CM does not have to confront the guest to get them to follow policy.

2 kids 11 and 7 oop for both, do i just ask for this and get a bill for 2 ts and 2 oop meals and tax and tip? does the service go down, just wondering
:wave2:

Thank you Sammie. It does make everything clearer as to why the loopholes are present.

Interestingly the person I spoke with said in developing any program for Disney they try for months prior to release to brainstorm all the possible scenarios where problems might exist but they are never as creative as those that wish to scam them. ;)
They should float the balloons here.... we could probably pick out a few just based on the textual descriptions! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter