2006 AAA package benefits?

jackskellingtonsgirl

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what all is included for AAA packages in 2006? For whatever reason the local office has NO print materials for 2006 from Disney. I have read threads about a voucher for Planet Hollywood and also a character story time? Does anyone have an updated booklet? Just curious what has changed for next year. Thanks!

I just booked a package for January thru AAA. No Planet Hollywood voucher that I was told about although I haven't gotten my package yet. Perks were parking in a preferred lot, AAA Diamond Card, not sure what it gets you, Disney gift of some kind. I booked thru them because they gave me a lower price on the same exact package I was going to book thru Disney. I did ask about the Planet Hollywood voucher based on things I read and my agent said she would look into it. One other thing she did offer to make any dinner reservations we wanted saving me time and long distance calls.

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
Does anyone know what all is included for AAA packages in 2006? For whatever reason the local office has NO print materials for 2006 from Disney. I have read threads about a voucher for Planet Hollywood and also a character story time? Does anyone have an updated booklet? Just curious what has changed for next year. Thanks!

Just got our My Way w/ Dining package documents last night from AAA.
Includes:
Resort stay
Park Hopper Tickets
Dining Package
1 luggage tag per person
Planet Hollywood Voucher - 1 per package - allows 1 select entre (any
burger platter, Caesar Salad or Pasta Pomodoro) and 1 non-
alcoholic drink
Planet Hollywood Merch Voucher valid for 1 souvenir keepstake per pkg
( good from 11AM to 6PM)
Storytelling voucher - 1 per person (ADR's needed)
VIP MK lounge voucher for complimentary beverage - 1 per person
AAA Vacations Diamond Card for discounts
AAA Diamond Parking Pass

Hope this helps

Nifty! That's exactly the info I was interested in! Thanks! :flower:

Anyone have any thoughts on making the ADR's for story time? Because last time we didn't get our documents until like 3 weeks before departure, so how can we reserve anything beforehand? Of course if everyone is in that same boat I guess everyone will be calling about 3 weeks ahead, huh? Not that DS9 will have much use for story time! :rotfl:

Hmm. I wasn't planning on a trip to DTD next time. Maybe we will have to add that in one afternoon. We could do lunch at Planet Hollywood and pop over to World Of Disney to use our 10% discount.

What is the storytime? Can you give me some details.

Lesley

Whatever it is, it is new for 2006. I don't think anyone has actually attended one yet. I think it is supposed to be an exclusive benefit for people who purchase AAA packages. I guess we'll see! :confused3

We just went to WDW on a AAA package in October but we didn't get the Planet Hollywood stuff or the story time voucher since those are the 2006 features.

Antonia said:
Did you have to pay for the AAA package all at once?

Nope. Just the usual deposit plus any airfare. The remainder due about 45 days before the travel date.

Information from the storetelling voucher:

AAA Storytelling Experience @ the AAA VIP Lounge, located in Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom Park to enjoy an intimate storytelling experience with a character from a classic Disney feature. This experience is available on select days of the week. Advance Reservations required @ least 24 hrs in advance. Call 407-939-7946. Subject to availability. There is limited seating. Voucher is non-transferable. lost or stolen vouchers will not be replaced. ....Voucher must be redeemed on or prior to check-out of the resort. Voucher not valid for future stays.

JerseyJ said:
Just got our My Way w/ Dining package documents last night from AAA.
Includes:
Resort stay
Park Hopper Tickets
Dining Package
1 luggage tag per person
Planet Hollywood Voucher - 1 per package - allows 1 select entre (any
burger platter, Caesar Salad or Pasta Pomodoro) and 1 non-
alcoholic drink
Planet Hollywood Merch Voucher valid for 1 souvenir keepstake per pkg
( good from 11AM to 6PM)
Storytelling voucher - 1 per person (ADR's needed)
VIP MK lounge voucher for complimentary beverage - 1 per person
AAA Vacations Diamond Card for discounts
AAA Diamond Parking Pass

Hope this helps

That sounds like a great package! I just joined AAA but I didn't know you could get dining with the package too.

Where are you staying and how much did you save booking through AAA? Also did you book online or over the phone?

Staying @ CBR, King Bed for 7 nights but choose to get the Park Hoppers for 10 days. (expiring). Had a savings of $244.36 when I booked thru AAA.

Started the process on line by requesting a quote from AAA MidAtlantic. Received a quote back via email w/ phone number for TA, Roseann Wassum. Since then, we have either called or emailed each other as we have made & changed arrangements. She's been extremely knowlegable, patient & helpful thru the process and has always responded the same day or next day to my phone calls & emails. Received my documents @ my front door via DHL express.

We referred our friends who are meeting us @ Disney to her also & they also have found her very easy to work with. Hope this helps

See your from Dallas - we are keeping our eyes out for a cheap fare to Dallas in the spring as I have an elderly uncle & aunt down there that I want to visit.

The AAA discount basically saves about 15% on the published cost of the room. It varies a little by resort category and season. I haven't worked out my savings for the August trip. I keep forgetting to ask if the price is with or without insurance, which will make a difference. They add the insurance automatically, and I have to tell them to remove it. My first ressie had no insurance, but then I switched resorts so it may have been added back in. We were very happy with our package in October, although our agent is by no means a Disney expert. It is helpful to know EXACTLY what you want if your local agent isn't familiar with the offerings. We live close to the AAA office so I went and picked up the documents from them. That way I could check for errors and make my final payment in person. While Disney requires your payment 45 days before departure, our AAA office likes to have payment in full about 60 days prior so they can submit it to Disney in plenty of time. We also discovered a quirk about paying by debit card - there is a $1000 per day limit on our debit card. We had to have our final payment broken down over three days to keep from maxing out the card! We wanted to have it protected as a credit card transaction in case there were any disputes, so it was a good thing we had some extra time to get the payment processed!

We didn't need the parking pass, so that wasn't useful. We did use the discount card for dinner at Fulton's and shopping at World of Disney, and we used the vouchers for soda at the AAA lounge. (WARNING - wipe off the top of the can before you open it - mine was filthy!) I guess we'll call and inquire about the storytime and if it fits into our schedule we might give it a try. It would get us out of the heat for awhile, if nothing else!

JerseyJ -
Good luck with that airfare! The only place we ever go is Disney, and the airfare is never cheap. Not sure how it is for flights coming in from other cities.

I'm so glad I opened this thread.

I just called the number posted above.

I was told that you can book the story telling 90 days in advance. You do not have to have the AAA vouchers when you call.

The story telling is done on Mondays and Thursdays at 5:10, 5:20 and 6:30. It about 20 minutes.

You'll have to give a CM your reservation number before you are let in.

I forgot to ask about the characters and the number of people able to attend each show.

I'm excited about this, but I'm sure my 14 year son won't be. :badpc:

If I have to ride TOT several times and have lunch at PH, then he can put up with two princess meals and a story time. :rotfl2: :love2:

ericafny, I booked through an AAA travel agent that is on these boards since I don't have an AAA office close. She saved me $606 on 3 rooms at POFQ, hopper passes for 7 plus options and dining. If you want her name I will be glad to pm you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter