20050522 - DFW DIS meet with yet another special DIS guest!!

Krista -

I think I can make it! That is the one weekend when my girls don't have recitals, plays, etc. Course dh's b-day is on the 21st, but I don't he'll mind if I disappear (DIS-appear?) on Sunday.

Sound like fun! Can you recommend a place to stay in that area - I will probably spend the night & do some shopping on Monday. I'm fairly familiar with Dallas, but I usually stay near the Galleria or up near Frisco.

Thanks!

Tonya

Hey Alex, is there a maximum nuber of gadgets we can bring to impress you? I have my microsoft watch, (that you can "Not-So-I"M, I have a new server I built, My Pen-enabled Laptop. I have my Microsoft Disc collection and my son has a whole bunch of MP3's loaded on my cell phone.... I could continue, but I guess I will limit myself... Maybe my DW will bring her new camera that she will get tomorrow

OK, MUST CALM DOWN, ALEX MAY BE A MINOR DEITY ON THE DIS, MUST NOT TRY TO OUT-GADGET HIM... MUST BE NICE... MUST MAKE A GOOD IMPRESSION... BREATHE IN..BREATHE OUT...

OK, I'm better now... Alex, I am really looking forward to finally meeting you!!!

:jumping2:

now Ohanafamily, this is about DIS people socializing together not gadgets!
(mental note- bring VGA palm pilot that let's me VPN into the servers through my cell phone as well as 3d graphic display bluetooth GPS)

Ohhh - wish that I could!!! But I just got home from Karen's meet in Boston - took me a week to find my way - just kidding. :cool1: But now I have to help with the final stages of the wedding plans for my son and his new bride to be. I'm sure it will be a fun meet - maybe, next time. I'm putting on the miles!!! :moped:

ohanafamily said:
ALEX MAY BE A MINOR DEITY. . .
:rotfl2:

Tonya - That would be great if you could come. I'd love to meet a fellow DISer/DHS graduate ::yes::. I did a search on Mapquest of hotels near the address of the restaurant and came up with this list: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...&longitude=z47sN9rkI/g=&country=US&cat=Hotels .
Also if you know where Grapevine Mills Mall is there are a lot of hotels near it, and the restaurant is just a few miles east of there. There are also a lot of hotels around Vista Ridge Mall on I-35 in Lewisville.

Mary - Wish you could be here again, too :). Good luck with the wedding planning!

I had to check first but there's no way I can do it this time. :(

Thanks big time for the PM Krista. I'm looking forward to pictures!

Looks like Lauren will be gracing us with her presence this time. :rolleyes:

We cancelled our Chicago trip.

We will be there. That means I only get to play 9 holes of golf that day.

KristaTX,

I am sad to say, but please remove our names from the list. My daughter dances at the Dallas Power House and that is their recital day. She is in three numbers so making it by four is very iffy.

Well, DH doesn't think this is his cup of tea, but I will be there! I can't wait! My very first DIS meet! :banana: I'm not sure if DS9 will come with me or if he will elect to stay home with DH. Are some of the other kids close to his age? He might like to hear their tips about Disney!

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
Well, DH doesn't think this is his cup of tea, but I will be there! I can't wait! My very first DIS meet! :banana: I'm not sure if DS9 will come with me or if he will elect to stay home with DH. Are some of the other kids close to his age? He might like to hear their tips about Disney!

Your family sounds like mine! My DH doesn't have a Disney bone in his body!

Krista, thanks for the PM. :flower:

We have a 2 day race at Texas Raceway that weekend. If the weather doesn't cooperate with the drag racing, I'll try to make it to the meet.

Everyone have fun without me. I'll be in disney sadly, maybe next time.

DD has an indoor soccer game at.....4:06 pm... so it will definitely just be me... I am sending DH with DD to the soccer gamel :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter