20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
disneycruising said:
dianthus & moocow35 - We just moved back to CA, after living in Ridgefield, CT for 2 years. My children will really miss the snow! They keep asking if it will snow here in CA.

-Cindy

Hi Cindy! Tell your kids they missed the first snow of the year today. We got an inch of the white stuff & it's been sleeting all evening. Do you really miss CT right now! :) I'd rather be in CA. Our neighbor across the street lives in Ridgefield- we are in Danbury, over by the Wooster School- near Ridgebury... Where did you live in Ridgefield? Great town- like a New England Postcard- moocho buckeroos in taxes though! Our taxes are 1/2 of our next door Ridgefield neighbor- they have 2 acres & we have 6. DD rides at Stepping Stone Farm, which is just down the road...

Robin, I see you are planning on deserting us soon too! I don't blame you at all. The snow gets to us too- hopefully we won't get pounded this year... I would miss the fall around here- it's so beautiful, but then again you can always visit... hmmm....

Linda,

You are right about Ridgefield being a "picture postcard" kind of New England town, it truely is. When we first drove into the town (on our 1st house hunting trip and only our 2nd town to see) I said to my DH "This is it!". I refused to look at any other towns. It was so perfect. I really wanted a house in town, but there wasn't anything avaible at that time. We ended up buying a house on 2 acres, just outside town, off of Barrack Hill.

I can honestly say I don't miss all of the snow. I do miss my small town, big house on land, and the beautiful fall leaves. We live now in a house half the size and on NO land, but we do have the great CA weather.

-Cindy

A Shuttle launch would be great , we have seen 4 from WDW, and I can not imagine being at the port on the Magic and seeing and feeling a Shuttle launch. The NASA site indicates a May 12- June 3 launch window. May 14 would be great.

That would be so great, I would love for my daughter to see a launch that close! We can usually see them from our house, but not as good of a view as it would be at the port!

Kim

Good morning all. Ooooh! How exciting! For years we've been trying to get to see a shuttle launch when we go to FL, but they always change the launch date on us! It really would be fantastic to see it launch as we are getting set to sail!!

Have a good morning all...I'm working from home for a couple of hours, then off to a different office for the day.

Cheers, Kara

That Would Be Awesome As We have Seen 2 From WDW

Hope it happens .. Peter

For those who were waiting for Southwest to open flights for May for our cruise, they did that this morning you can now book through June 6th.

We are now set with our tickets.

:Pinkbounc :jumping4: :Pinkbounc :jumping4:

tap & dap said:
For those who were waiting for Southwest to open flights for May for our cruise, they did that this morning you can now book through June 6th.

We are now set with our tickets.

:Pinkbounc :jumping4: :Pinkbounc :jumping4:

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been watching and waiting, but I did check this morning. I've now got my "one way" reservations!

Ken

I'm planning to get tickets tonight.
ALSO, I just got off the phone with DCL. I wanted to know if there was any chance of delaying the lifeboat drill on May the 14. I read earlier today that at 4:11 PM EDT on May 14, 2005, this is the anticipated launch time of the space shuttle. We will be on the MAGIC. I read about it on spaceflightnow.com. I was told that there is no way they can delay the lifeboat drill. I was also told that it is unlikely that the shuttle will actually launch at that precise minute. HOWEVER, even if there is a delay, we will get to see it first hand. Any thoughts from you guys?
Bill :space:

Actually, I'd like to see them move the life boat drill up (closer to 3:00). I wonder what percentage of the passengers are on by then. If the shuttle will launch, it could go late . . . But, I'd rather be watching from deck 10, than rushing to get out of the life jackets.

And, besides, I wouldn't take anything the CM on the phone says. She'll just speak the company line and say they will not move the time. Of course, that is what she'll say. What really happens is up to the captain.

Well, it won't be a problem if everyone reports to their station 10 minutes before 4:00, as they're supposed to. I get so mad at the people strolling in after 4, fresh from the pool, don't even have their life jackets on yet, just carrying them...

Grrrrrr....

If everyone does what they're supposed to, it shouldn't take any more than 10 minutes max. I'm hoping that the vast majority (if not all) of people on this cruise will be repeat cruisers and will know what they're supposed to do.

Most of the passengers go outside for the lifeboat drill, but the last 3 years, we have always gone inside one of the restaurants. That would really suck being in there and missing the launch! This time we are in the same location, but 2 decks down, so maybe we will get to go outside? I wouldn't want to miss the launch, hopefully Disney will adjust the timing accordingly.

Coast Guard regs and SOLAS require that the master of an ocean going cruise ship periodically hold fire and lifeboat drills. The timing and frequency of the drills depends in large part on the length of the voyage. On voyages lasting more than one week, the first drill will be held before the ship gets underway, additional drills to be held at least once a week thereafter. Voyages of one week or less, the drills must be held within 24 hours after leaving port. In a nut shell the Captain is the Master and could call for the lifeboat drill when he desires. Since our voyage will be longer then a week sounds like there will be a second drill. Interesting stuff.

Back to study for my captain license... not yet but someday. :boat:

For those of u who would like a Good laugh every once and a while
You must read the other repo Cruise thread there are some funny
People over there ..
here is a link .... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=7094715#post7094715

We got the tree Jenn is stringing the lights The mother of all trees she is quite happy .... Will Try to post a picture
Later.

Also there is Going to Be A Change here on the Dis im going to Create
My own screen name.. Any Help would be Gladly accepted..

BE Nice... As I have Free tickets with the airlines and Could Come Get you...

Peter

Peter,
I'm sure you will get some responses. WIll work on it for you.

WOW.. your tree is beautiful! :wizard:

Whooo hhoooooo booked my return flights from LAX.... got DH on with FF miles and it was only 114.00 for me!!! I've got more done for this cruise than the Xmas cruise which leaves in exactly 7 days!!!

That is a beautiful tree! It is huge, and perfectly formed. Good job! Thanks for sharing.

Robin

Good job Peter and Jenn. We didn't do a tree this year (first time ever) because of the 10 day Xmas cruise. Although we do have a small 2 foot tree to bring on board with some battery powered lights. That will have to do for this year.

Ken

Peter and Jenn, the tree looks great. Ken great idea taking a tree with you.

Glad folks are getting good deals on their flights. As it stands fo us we arrive at MCO at about midnight on 5/11. We are waitlisted for an earlier flight, hope it works out but eitherway we will be on vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter