20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from WDW. Decorations are up and bautiful as ever. Saw Off Kilter, never had seen them play Johnny B Good before, very amusing.
Hvae to fiddle with this new interface a bit.... :wizard:

Ok where is everybody????
Here's the newest listing of who's posted....
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 2,221
User Name Posts
Scott H 231
JenKatt 227
jin diesel 223
moocow35 168
Hygiene99 165
seaulater 127
Tigfanjeff 121
kellib36 75
rcostello1 65
kaylin 60
dianthus 51
kpros 51
SandraLee 48
videogal1 42
DisneyPinDiva 39
karaeric 38
BobandLee 35
CoMickey 30
Cap 29
Az Pirates 26
RickW 24
EpcotKilterFan 24
Lisa F 22
danicaw 17
micknstang 15
cotomom 15
bonzie1 14
TDC Nala 13
tupperny 11
Juli 11
Grumbo 10
shellofclearh2o 10
Julebobo 10
piglet33 9
smchan 8
justmestace 8
Sarah'sMomfrom PA 7
bill3540 7
tap & dap 7
Maleficent59 7
Carasoyn 7
meb51 6
ivanova 5
Hannosmom 5
NejTheLion 5
DisneyDreamer8 5
TikiGirl 5
ImprovGal 5
jragland 5
BEAV 4
portsidemom 4
bettemom 4
dalemm 3
myfairygodmother 3
nasmith 3
3DAN 3
Serena6010 3
BriarRosie 3
Brisully 3
LinnyLye 3
Bmwdsny 3
Psiklops 3
happyrebster 3
Laurabearz 2
Verandah Man 2
mississaugamom 2
2dizneykids 2
ennisb 2
Jazzman 2
mark & sandra 2
BuddyWRH 1
Mom2Belle&PeterPan 1
webray 1
trampslady 1
Turnwrench 1
Thumpersmom 1
Drcell01 1
Disneyana 1
disneycruising 1
Scratch42 1
Pappy 1
Cheese Please 1
cm387 1
charwac1 1

At least I'm not the talker anymore :hyper2:

Glad you moved this up a bit Jen! I think this time of year, most are very busy with the holidays. But in the beginning we had many more regular posters who just kind of....stopped. Hopefully they will join in closer to sailing time? One of our friendly moderators who is joining us, hasn't posted yet, but she said she will closer to sailing time :cheer2: (I'm cheering her on!)

Robin

Jen, I am still around. My son , Billy , has not been doing the job he needs to do. I and my wife are very frustrated. He has to perform in order to go on the cruise(leaves two weeks before the end of school). I'm trying to follow the threads daily. This inclludes the DVC cruise thread. I keep wondering if Disney will offer any larger discount on the relocation cruise or if it will be the standard 10% off.
Bill :D

I'm still here from time to time. Getting down to under 3 weeks until the Xmas cruise and I've got major packing anxiety. Can't even decide what to take let alone PACK! The pressure is getting to me!!! A 10 night is driving me crazy... I'll be in the nuthouse trying to prepare for the 14 night! :crazy:
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Now I have to find PIRATE OUTFITS??????

Hi Everyone!

Haven't been around the boards in a long while- life has been very busy around here! I come back to visit & everything has changed!

We are still booked for this cruise, but we are kind of up in the air about going... My DD is in 8th grade & is taking 2 HS courses - in science & math. Her teachers are not thrilled about us going for 2 weeks, so close to finals, year end wrap up, etc.. She is doing very well in both classes, but we agreed to meet with the 2 teachers in February to determine if this would be a problem for them... Being that she needs a recommendation from both to stay in this AP track for HS, she is at their mercy... Our school district has a pilot program with UCONN & she will graduate HS as a UCONN 2nd semester freshman if she stays in this program. These credits are cheap & transferable to other schools too, so this is very important to both of us! LOL! My DD is working really hard to get super grades, so that neither teacher will give her a hard time about going on the cruise. So we'll see... I didn't want to book the return PC cruise, as she would miss the first week of HS. I thought taking her out of middle school for a few weeks would be easy, as she's a good student... Neither of these cruises are timed well for school aged kids at all.

I hope everyone is doing well & had a great Thanksgiving! For all you 10 day holiday cruisers- I am really jealous! Your cruise is just around the corner now! I'll be interested in hearing how you like being on the ship for 10 days & what DCL does for a "special cruise".

TTYL! ~ Linda

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Jindy- Glad to hear you had a great time! We were worried :flower: I also have a little something for Adrienne. Kaylin also has another letter that has been sitting on the counter for a week. I keep forgetting to put it in the mail!

Is everyone having great weather? Well, better get some work done! It's so hard to get back to work after a holiday! Why oh Why can't I win the lottery? This whole work thing is really getting in the way! :moped:

Kim

Funny thing is, I post to this thread more that I do to the 10-day cruise thread, and that leaves in 19 days! :earseek:

It was a chilly 32 degrees this morning when I came into the office! This weather is sure making it easy to think about cruising through the canal in a few months... :cool1:

Bill, is there anything that others of us could do to help motivate your son, like postcards from Mickey? Or is he just in that "rebel" stage? Let us know, as there are several of us headed to WDW before our 10-day cruise. I would be happy to send some "motivation" his way if you think it would help!

The camera question looms - Nikon seems to have come out with a less expensive 8 megapixel model that I'm just now seeing in the ads for about $800, which I think means it will be even less after Christmas...what to do?!?

Seems like time is creeping up on us and before we know it, the holidays will be over, and we'll all be in final countdown to the Repo cruise! :boat:

Have a good day all!

Cheers, Kara

I just need to figure out two things... one how to pay for that massive spa bill... two, how to pay for the new digital camera... anybody have the inside scoop on lottery numbers?????

I feel obligated to reply since I am in the top 10!! I might not have anything to say, but I have to keep up appearances :)

I'd like to thank the academy...the crazy people who shop on black friday...the person who vacated a most awesome parking spot on that same friday...and the fact that I didn't have to work yesterday.

This time next week I will be spending money in NYC! Here's hoping the rain stays away...the forecast is improving! I don't mind the snow, but I hate running around in the rain.

I was one of the crazy people that shopped on black friday! I did quite well actually! People were not as grumpy as last year for some reason!

Kim

Kara, Billy just doesn't get it. He probably won't benefit from cards, but thanks. He doesn't turn in his homework even when it is done. We have to ride him and constantly check with his teachers. We got permission from the principal last spring right after we booked the cruise to go on it. We will however, need to have him take his final exams before we leave. Billy has had some self esteem difficulty and since he has been on the basketball team, that has improved. We are now 9-0. This is the best record our team has had and likely to improve.
Kim, we also went shopping on black Friday. We got two computers each for $198 after rebates. This includes monitors. UNBELIEVABLE. Got them from Best Buy.
Bill

Kara,

I have a Nikon D70 and absolutely love the camera. I am still learning how to use it, but it is a great camera. The pictures are great. I liked it because it accepts my lenses from an old Nikon camera.

Just shot over 500 pictures on the 4 day pin trading cruise on the Wonder and only a couple of bad ones in the bunch.

Hope this helps with your decision.

:jumping4: :Pinkbounc :jumping4: :Pinkbounc

Jen if u post 4 more posts u could take the lead back :D
And we are here we have a Kodak cx3660 3.1 mp
Works fine for our every day needs last cruise in O :flower1: ctober we only took 4 pictures..

Hygiene99 said:
Jen if u post 4 more posts u could take the lead back :D
And we are here we have a Kodak cx3660 3.1 mp
Works fine for our every day needs last cruise in O :flower1: ctober we only took 4 pictures..

Only 4 pictures??????? How is that possible???
The biggest reason we're getting a digital is I take so many pictures with my 2 SLRs. When we get our digital SLR we're also getting a photo printer....

Good morning everyone. I can't believe it's already December!!!

We also have a digital camera now, an Olympus 3040, 3.1 mp. I like it, it's pretty easy to use and takes good pictures. But the Panama Canal is such a once in a lifttime event/trip, and my DH is a really good photographer. We have a bunch of lenses from his 35mm camera that we need to check on to see if they would fit any of the new digital SLRs. That would make the purchase less painful... :earseek: tap & dap, did you consider the Nikon and the Canon before buying, or did you just go with the Nikon? I thought I would definitely be leaning toward the Canon, but now I'm seriously waffling. :teleport:

Can someone point me to how I can post a picture here? I have a photo that DH took last year during MVMCP I would love to share.

Thanks!

Kara

Happy December to all. I've been away for a while but have been trying to keep up with the thread (boy do you guys ever write a LOT! ha!)

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a passport? My husband and I are still up in the air about the cruise (category 6), but don't want to give up our spots just yet! I at least want to go ahead with the passports just in case we can swing it.

We're also going on the 4 day DVC member cruise in Sept. '05, and could use the passports then as well.

Also, does anyone know when the final payment will be due? I know they moved it up.

Thanks.

We went to our local Post Office for our passports. They did everything, including taking the pictures. It was very painless and I think we had the final passport in about 4 weeks or so. Some Post Offices have the equipment to take the pictures and some don't. So you may want to call ahead.

As far as the final payment day goes, I believe that the new 90 day payment requirement is for new reservations. I think we are still on the 60 day requirement (unless you TA has a different requirement - I know Costco does).

Hope this helps
Ken

We looked at both the canon and the nikon before we bought originally did not want to pay the steep price for the digital camera the D100 at the time was almost 2500. When the price dropped to the 1000 range took a serious look, then they told me the D70 would be coming out and would be a much better camera, so we waited. Ended up getting it for under a 1000 the real decision to go with the Nikon versus the Canon was the lenses.

I had a 35 mm Nikon and all the lenses would fit on the D70 so for us it made a huge difference in that we only had to buy the body and not the lenses, all the old lenses work great on the digital.

Hope that helps.

:Pinkbounc :jumping4: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :jumping4: :cool1:

tap & dap said:
We looked at both the canon and the nikon before we bought originally did not want to pay the steep price for the digital camera the D100 at the time was almost 2500. When the price dropped to the 1000 range took a serious look, then they told me the D70 would be coming out and would be a much better camera, so we waited. Ended up getting it for under a 1000 the real decision to go with the Nikon versus the Canon was the lenses.

I had a 35 mm Nikon and all the lenses would fit on the D70 so for us it made a huge difference in that we only had to buy the body and not the lenses, all the old lenses work great on the digital.

Hope that helps.

:Pinkbounc :jumping4: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :jumping4: :cool1:
Yes, that does help. Thanks!

bonzie1, I agree with Ken. Getting a passport is easy and doesn't take too much time. Around Christmas, the mail always slows down. If you're thinking about getting them soon, I would give yourself about 6 weeks, just in case. You can also go to the US Passport Site and get all the information you need, including the applications and instructions. Sure hope you decide you can make it on this cruise!

Cheers, Kara

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter