20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amy we'll take you by yourself, not sure if V&A would be as fun without Catherine and Lori... expecially after the wine pairings. The three of us with all that wine were a comedy festival all on to ourselves. Especially the trip to the restrooms....

Ya know waking up at 5am stinks.

Welcome Back Robin! Thanks for that great article link!
Welcome aboard Amy!

Had a busy weekend! Last soccer game and dress rehearsals for dance recital. Last day of school is tomorrow here. Hopefully this time next week, things will be nice & calm around here... One can dream...

So how did you do with DVC ScottH & Bonzie1? Any luck with the points? Hope there was some inventory for you! We decided to rent our points & pay cash for this one... The cash price we got for a Cat 5 was too good. Hope you both got what you wanted!

I hope DCL will be good about communicating to us ahead of time what is in store for our cruise. Inquiring minds want to know!!

Have a great day! :sunny:

Yes? Has anybody been able to reserve with points? I was thinking of trying but I may also instead rent our points for next year, have never tried to rent out points but that seems like a good way to raise money for the trip :D

Hi ennisb! Today was the 1st day to reserve with points- 11 months!!! A couple of our cruisers were poised with their speed dialers this morning, bound & determined to get a ressie w/ points...

Well gang I was 1st on the line with DVC this morning. Requested a Cat 5, on hold for a while. CM comes back and says GTY Cat 5 available and being held for us pending our go ahead, I say we’ll take it. Give all the info etc. On hold awhile, CM comes back, sorry a problem with DCL computers only Cat avail on the GTY status are 9, 10, 11. Sorry, she felt bad, I felt worse. I told her we had a cash reservation for a GTY Cat 5, and asked if it could be transferred to DVC. Was told could not happen. CM felt bad and took our cash reservation number and would talk to her supervisor to see what could be done. CM even took my credit card number just in case. Promised to call if anything could be done. DVC will not be taking a wait list for this cruise. This is the first time DVC is offering GTY reservations. We will see..... now I really have to learn how to sell stuff on ebay.

Whole process 30 min... Hope Bonzie1 had better luck.

Time to try for a SSR reservation before the cruise... to the phones for the game is afoot.......

I posted this on the wrong thread!!! Ha! I just moved it over here! There were 434 pages on the other thread, and I thought, WOW something big must be happening on this thread last night! Ha! Ha!

Scott... I'm sorry things didn't work out for you! Me either...

Just got off the phone (30 minutes) with DVC Cruise... only cat 9, 10, 11 available with points (sigh). Even though we have a cash room with Dreams Unlimited, there is no transferring, only a risk. Bummer all the way around! I hope Scott had better luck. For the specialty cruises, such as the PC, they should have let us use points as soon as the rooms were offered.

At least we have a cash cat 6 room and can hold onto it. I just really wanted to book with points. Now it's back to the $$ drawing board with DH to discuss this again.

Note: The DVC Cruise rep said there are no waiting lists, but we can call back as many times as we want. My cash balance is due next March... that's a lot of months to keep calling, but I think I'll keep trying. You never know!

So Sorry You DVC members , that it did not work out...

We had been told over the weekend the Cruise is 98%
full...

But like to see them offering cat 11 GTY... maybe we will get an upgrade.... lol

Hi All we are Home....

Had just a great time At WDW ................

Thursday, flight down delayed 1 hr. Tstorms Florida, arrive sit on runway 1 hour unsafe for ground workers with storm to do there thing... but we did get there .. Tiffany was there to take us to BW. and Flying Fish for Dinner AWESOME...
Then to Bed ....

Friday.. UP Early and at MK by 8;15 or so had to get new Annual pass.. and it was hot so... instead of wiating in line to get in we said lets go get some breakfast ... if u eat at one of the MK restruants they let u in to The park early .. so nice to walk down main st. with no one else there, So up To the Castle We Waltz
Cindys Royal Table.. NO RESERVATION... Hi we would like to have Breakfast we say , They say sure and u can have the Best table in the house.. 116 .. so up we went...WOW from what we have read this is hard to get...

Was lot of fun.... Done with breakfast ... now out side the castle
they have CM so u cant wonder out to other parts of the park ..
but when they did let us in we went to Peter Pan Ride ..and did a bunch of our favorites before the crowd TOOK OVER So...

OFF we went to The NEW Dvc Resort Saratoga Springs to check It out... VERY NICE ... and we hung there for a bit GOT SOME SUN at the Pool... then it was Back to the room to freshen up ...

For our dinner reservation at JIKO at the AKL
Great Rest.....
Then over to Epcot for the Show..... and then off to bed....

SAT..........

Ok We woke up Feeling like doing Something New, an Adventure we call them.... So we went over To the SWAN .. Rented a car
and off To Disneys Vero Beach Resort We went ....

FOUND it.. No Directions...,.. about and hour and half from Disney

VERY NICE....

Presented our selfs at the front Desk and said Hi ..

WE would like a Day pass so we may get to the Beach and Pool

As they have them locked with card key access only
Had lunch at there on site rest. Shutters was very good.. Went to the Beach .... Til the shark was spotted and we decided to use the pool.... ALL GOOD FUN..... nice shower in locker rooms
and then we headed TO PC.... as we arrived at PC.. it was about 4:30 We went To GRILLS What a fun place....

We watched that other boat go Buy... and then THE DISNEY MAGIC was Breath Taking...... Not as much fun as being on it but
a little tiny fix in some sort of Way .....
Finished the Drinks .. Then Drove Back to WDW.....
got cleaned up.. then Headed over to BEACHES & CREAM For Dinner was yummy... had a Voucher (Jill) worked there fine with no Problem.................... Well worth the Value....

Then off to MK.. For Wishes Fire works Show Was Awesome As usual...

Sunday.... we Slept in a bit... then headed off BOMA at the AKL For the break. Buffet.. (JILL) was Awesome .... We Also had Vouchers for this place No problem.............

Then off To Ak. Did our Favs.. Safari.. Fest, of the Lion King show.. So on... Then it got to Be AFRICA HOT back to the pool..
We left Jens Swim Suit hanging on the back of the Bathroom Door...ooopppss... We went to find the Head of house keeping
since it was like 3 hours ago figured they may still...

Too late they had thrown it in the trash, Bummer... But Told Jen To Go pick out a new one At the Gift Shop And they would Take Care of it And they Did was very nice of them to do as it was our fault for leaving I guess.... if they saved every article of clothing ???????

and then off to the pool we went enjoyed until it was time for our Towncar Driver to pick us up... and home we came....

JUST another Great trip ..

Next trip is not until OCTOBER / Cruise....

Peter

DVC MS CM called back, no go on the transfer of the reservation. Reason was because the reservation had been made before the 11 month window. I appreciated her effort. Well at least we have the Cat 5 GTY on cash. Got a room at SSR for before the cruise, will call on 5/28 to get a DL CA room.

Peter and Jen sounds like you had a great trip.

Scott H..

Dont worry we never have any trouble using the points we have
and im sure u wont either ...

more trips is the way I see it... ok you could rent a few to offset the cost of the Cat 5 room ... it is painless over on the dvc board

300 would go pretty Quick I Would say.... at 10 buck each now that is a nice offset....

yes we did Thank u ...

Brainstorm call now and make another reservation today since it will be made inside of the 11 month window then they should transfer it for u ?????????

Peter

Thanks Peter, I am sure we will not have any trouble using the points. Got a 1 bedroom for May 12&13 before the cruise. Might still do the Tanzania Wildlife Safari, just airfare is so darn spendy to get there, about the same as a Cat 5 for this cruise.

I inquired as to your brainstorm idea and only Cat 9, 10, and 11 were available. We would like a Cat 7 or better. Just us. I might rent out some points but not really hot on that idea. Just me.

I think I will place periodic calls to DVC just to see if anything opens up. Never know.

Either way we are planning to be there.

I'm glad I took FOREVER to catch up on this thread. Totally forgot about making a night before the cruise ressie. We are booked at Beach Club Villas. Couldn't decide where to stay but then I thought about the pool and Y&B rocks.

I was on the 5/29 cruise and then I went to CA after I got back. Sort of did my own FL-CA thing :). Now I'm nice and tan and waiting for next May.

Jindy I'll be out your way late next month. I *love* SF. Staying a couple of nights in Pacific Grove then staying in the city.

All you picture freaks... :) hmm, maybe we'll have to get a new digital camera before the cruise, that sounds like a good Christmas gift. On the 5/29 cruise I was admiring a lot of the artwork and thought it would be great to wander the ship and take pictures of all that stuff. I think in 2 weeks there will be some time for that.

Oh I can't remember if I mentioned but I was able to get 10% off and the $200 room credit for the PC cruise...this was "only" because our cat 3 ressie was at the current available pricing so I could have booked a "new" ressie onboard for less, so they let me have the 10% off and the credit. Now I feel better about spending a zillion dollars.

Off to job #2 to save some of that zillion...

So sorry guys to hear the disappointing news from DVC on using your points. Kinda interesting though since we booked last Dec. for christmas cruise with cash and then booked with points in Jan. and cancelled the cash ressie. Oh well......

Peter, tell me about renting points. Of course, we have never done that because we always use them. But maybe if I don't make enough on Ebay in the next year I can rent out some points!

Okay, back to work.

Later....

Well, that would be Sea-U-Later!!

Linda

:crazy:

Linda ...

Ok I will, u go over to the Dvc rent trade / board

put up a post for the points u have..

For example 300 BWV points for rent at $10.00 each

Some one replys linda we would like 156 points
u get in touch with each other .. u make reservation

and have them pay u thru Paypal or however u would like to have them pay then u send them the paper work when u get it...
but not til u get the money ...

I have rented points it was easy was I worried about the person i rented from not really.. most people are honest ... just looking for points.. And they go Quick...

Do you have to plan far ahead for people to rent your points or do you just have them give you the dates they are interested in and then you check availability?

Linda

Hey all !!
It has taken me a while to post, but count me my DM Debbie (DebbieDVC), my DF Wes (WRH3MD), and my DS Lindsey (LinnyLye). I am going to be entering my final year of college this year, and my college graduation is on the day that the cruise leaves. Needless to say I am forgoing the formality of walking at commencement. I couldn't pass up the opportunity of taking this cruise. I will be 21 at the time, and am fearing that there will not be too many people my age on the ship simply because most will still be in school. Oh well I know I will still have a good time . . . anyway gotta run and pack for the cruise I leave for this weekend (7-day Western).

Welcome, Wes. Don't worry - there are sure to be people your age on the ship! Wpw - how cool is it that you will be sailing away for graduation?!

Peter, I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful trip!

I hope everyone else is doing well. Me, I'm just TIRED!!! :faint:

-Jindy

Peter ~ Sounds like you had a great time in ol' WDW & vicinity. You covered alot of ground in 4 days. We never get that much accomplished!

Sorry to hear about DVC cruise points guys.... At least you have the cash ressie! I rented some of my points to pay for our April cruise, as DVC was closed out for the date I wanted. It was very easy. The DVC rent/trade board is great! In about an hour I had them rented. My renter is going to OKW next week on them. Once you get a response to your post, you get dates/resorts/accomodations wanted & call DVC. If it's available make ressie & confirm. I sent written confirmation to the renter once the bank check was received. Once he gets back, I'm going to offer them to him again for next year. Hopefully, DVC will spoil him & he'll want to go back again! He was great to work with!

Welcome Wes! Watch out for Carlos & Charlies, or Senor Frogs for that matter... Wear a watch! :teeth: Have fun on the Western!

Linda u let them pick the date they would like to go and then u check to see what is open.... okw bw.. so on..

Thanks for the "How Tos" on renting out points. Perhaps we'll give this a try to help cut down on the cost.

But, yes, you are right... at least we do have a cash ressie! There are still many who want to go on this first ever cruise and can't find a spot!

Decisions, decisions, decisions... and friends on the DIS board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter