20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear a scrapbook class? Please add my name to the list of participants!!!!!!!!!

Elaine

seaulater said:
I'm here, I have just been so busy getting ready for our CPA's to come in an audit..................need I say more?

Anyway, I am more than happy to do another scrapbook class on board during the PC. If I can get a count before hand, I could actually put together a packet with a starter page for everyone who wants to come to the class. The 1 p.m. time worked well on sea day, so just give me feedback and I'll put something together. I know Shari was not feeling well last time and didn't make it.

I'm hoping to have my 10 day scrapbook done by then and thought I might bring along to share. I know everyone would enjoy the Gloria Gayner and John Travolta page!!!!

Linda

Linda,

Put me down for the scrapbook group!
I went through a scrapbooking phase - it passed though... and I am now hopelessly behind!
I think I can handle getting a book done for the cruise though. I'd love to get together and get motivated.

As far as when payment is due, if I understand correctly it would depend on when you booked the cruise. They changed from 60 days out to 90 days out after they opened the Panama cruises. Those who booked early are still under the 60 day rule, while those who booked later (or possibly even just made changes to their reservations) would probably have payment due 90 days out.

It's fun to see so many new folks joining our thread!

you should have it ..goodnight 4 am comes very early...

peter

Linda, Put me down for the scrapbook class. I went fast and furious once, but never moved along. :-) I have wanted to do a book for my 10 year anniversary (2 years ago!). I got everything ready -- all the pictures are in folders -- all the ideas are in the folders -- everything is in order. I just can't do it. I have zero in the creativity area. I even looked to 'outsource' my scrapbook! I still may do it.

But, I'd love to actually do one. LOL.

Keep me on the list.

LINDA - Sign me up for the scrapbooking class ----It turns out that I'm really good at buying scrapbooking supplies, but really lousy at actually putting together a scrapbook! I still need to work on my babie's scrapbook (He's 5 now).....(baaaad Mommy)

KARA - About the Romance at Seas package & the 10 day cruise....Were you able to also prebook the other Palo events when you did this (ie. the brunch and high tea) - and since it was a longer cruise, were you able to dine at Palo on more than one night during the cruise? What was dining like on the 10-day (trying to get an idea of what may be in store for us on the 14-day)...Did they have regular rotation on the first three nights, then tropical, mexicali, pirate, Master Chef's, Formal, what??? Thanks!! Jill

Swimming with Dolphins . . .
Found this: In Acapulco DCL will do the dolphin swim with CiCi Water Park. Here is an excerpt from the CiCi website:

"Swim With The Dolphins in Acapulco - Spend some time with the dolphins in their natural element. You can touch, play and swim with them (wear or bring appropriate clothing). Swimming with dolphins is a unique experience with complete safety, and is an ideal activity in Acapulco for families with kids.
The price includes entrance to Cici Water Park, swimming with the dolphins, and the show.

--- Here is the good part . . . -----
"CRUISE SHIPS: Note that we no longer offer the Swim with the Dolphins tour for guests from cruise ships (or on days when there is a cruise ship in Acapulco). The cruise lines made a deal with Cici to purchase ALL tickets and to charge their guests about DOUBLE"

Here is the link I did find: http://www.travel-acapulco.com/tours/swim-dolphins.html

Linda,

I'd love to join in on the scrapbooking. I'm with everyone else, still working on DD's baby book - she turns 4 next month! (another baaaad mommy!)

Thanks for doing this!

Laurie :wave:

nasmith said:
LINDA - Sign me up for the scrapbooking class ----It turns out that I'm really good at buying scrapbooking supplies, but really lousy at actually putting together a scrapbook! I still need to work on my babie's scrapbook (He's 5 now).....(baaaad Mommy)

KARA - About the Romance at Seas package & the 10 day cruise....Were you able to also prebook the other Palo events when you did this (ie. the brunch and high tea) - and since it was a longer cruise, were you able to dine at Palo on more than one night during the cruise? What was dining like on the 10-day (trying to get an idea of what may be in store for us on the 14-day)...Did they have regular rotation on the first three nights, then tropical, mexicali, pirate, Master Chef's, Formal, what??? Thanks!! Jill

Okay, now my memory is not that good! Good thing I have my Navigators (which I put in the back of my scrapbook for memory keeping!)

We were on APL rotation, main seating. A bunch of us linked our reservations together so we could be together (from the Dis Boards). We had 13 in our group, (DH and me, DD, and our 3 grown kids with spouses and 4 grandchildren) (well actually my 3 step kids I'm too young to be a grandma!)
Anyway our family sat at one table for 13, but the rest of the group were combined at tables and had a great time.

So, Night 1, Animator's Palate, was casual, normal menu.
Night 2, Parrot Cay and it was the Tropicalifagilisticexpialidocious deck party so we all were greeted with lei's at our place setting at dinner. Suggested wear was tropical or casual.

Night 3, Lumiere's, formal night. (Evening Rotational Dining Menu)
Night 4, Back to Animator's Palate (we stayed on the same rotation the whole time) Casual night, "Master Chef" series
Night 5, (p) Casual night, "Around the World" dining menu
Night 6 (L), Pirate Night, "Pirate Scrolled Menu" (Keepsake menu for each person to keep and everyone received a pirate bandana at the place setting.) I had a great entree (Jack Sparrow's Fruit Marinated Roasted Loin of Pork!) oh, and for dessert.........Shiver-me-timbers White Chocolate Cheesecake! Pirate's of the Carribean Deck Party with fireworks.
Night 7 (a), formal night #2 (Christmas Eve) "Golden Mickey Menu"
Night 8 (P), casual (Christmas Day),"Special Christmas Menu" (keepsake menu to bring home)
Night 9 (l) Semi-formal "Captain's Gala" menu
Night 10-(a) Casual, "Till We Meet Again Menu"

I think that our servers told us three or four times that the menus were brand new and they had changed the items on the specialty menus (Master Chef, etc.)

Yes, you could dine at Palo's more than one night. We had a couple of fellow dis'ers that had booked the REAS package and were told what night formal night would be on, and then when we all boarded the ship, they had changed everything. We were told one formal night, two formal nights, one formal night........it was never consistent.

When we got on board, at least in the Welcome Aboard Navigator there was an outline of "HIghlights of your 10 Night Caribbean Cruise" and it gave each day, the evening attire, and what was happening that night. Each night there were not live shows in the Walt Disney Theatre, but when they did not have a live show they had a movie on the big screen! (The Incredibles, National Treasure). It was always packed!

Also, DCL had booked a ventriloquist, Taylor Mason, who is absolutely a must see. Our family got a picture with him. DCL has asked him to join the PC cruise, and he said he definitely could not come for 2 weeks, but when he and I were talking, he said if he could work his schedule to get on at one port and get off the next, he would love to come back. His show is one you don't want to miss.

Okay, I've rambled on long enough!

Oh, there was a group of us that booked the Palo private room on the last sea day for brunch. THe room fits 10 people I think. If a group wants to get together to do that, I could call the gal at DCL and see if we could arrange if for this cruise (if some bigwig from Disney hasn't already laid claim to it!)

Linda

Hi Linda

You can count Shari in on the scrapping class and both of us for the Palo Brunch (Doesn't have to the last Sea Day - could be anytime).

We are kidless on this cruise (the first time) so we plan to hit Palo every chance we get.

Ken

kpros said:
Hi Linda

You can count Shari in on the scrapping class and both of us for the Palo Brunch (Doesn't have to the last Sea Day - could be anytime).

We are kidless on this cruise (the first time) so we plan to hit Palo every chance we get.

Ken

This is our first DCL cruise that we are kidless too! Our 7th DCL cruise (I think) and have never been on one without kids yet. Although, we won't be without "parents", but my mom and dad don't stay up real late, and they have their own stateroom this time, so they should be okay. Just need to give my dad a dose of bonine before we get on so he doesn't get sick! I guess that's where I get it.

Linda

Linda, definately count me in for scrapbooking and Palo Brunch. Let us know what supplies we should bring with us, okay?

I'd love to link dining, right now we are on early, but I do plan to change that. Acapulco it looks like we don't have to board until 7:30 and 5:00? in Mazatlan so I don't want to cut my day short. How do we go about linking dining rotations and times?

Snowing and very cold here this morning, I've got to run and get ready. Have a great day everyone!

Robin

seaulater said:
I'm here, I have just been so busy getting ready for our CPA's to come in an audit..................need I say more?

Anyway, I am more than happy to do another scrapbook class on board during the PC. If I can get a count before hand, I could actually put together a packet with a starter page for everyone who wants to come to the class. The 1 p.m. time worked well on sea day, so just give me feedback and I'll put something together. I know Shari was not feeling well last time and didn't make it.

I'm hoping to have my 10 day scrapbook done by then and thought I might bring along to share. I know everyone would enjoy the Gloria Gayner and John Travolta page!!!!

Linda

I would love to be added to the Scrapbook get together. I have been collecting supplies for 18 months, however they are all in boxes since I have no idea how to get started.

Thanks, Kim

Ok folks, since ya'll are coming up with stuff to do on board, please send me the dates you want t do them and they will go up on the website. We will be putting the official shore excursions and any unoffical ones up there as well. Tiggerfan.net is back up (the web site is there) but Jeff has been so busy putting it back together that he hasn't been able to update it. So email me for the time being jenkatt@gmail.com

Jenn,

I will send ya a time for the CC Serenity Bay "All Adventures, Snorkel to the Hidden Derelict of CC". This excursion is free if you bring your own snorkel gear and lunch is provided on CC and all you have to do is buy your own drinks (after words of course). Sorry, I guess this is an adults only thing as the access if from the adult only beach.

I will ask Lynn if she is interested in the Scrapbook thing, heck I might even attend. I went to a Tupperware party once, once is the key word there as Lynn would not let me go again. It was the burping the tupperware part I really excelled in. I was just there for the free stuff. On a serious note, I think scrap booking is combing back, as I did it as a kid of our many trips, due to the advent of the digital camera and the death of the photo album. Just my weird way of looking at things.

Will also post the pre cruise meet "Water, soda, wine, and cheese - meet" All are welcome, at a place to be determined I think we said 5:00 would work for most folks.

Well it looks like a clear cold day here in WY and Lynn wants to go shopping. So it's a 100 mile trek to Idaho falls to a Sams Club and Walmart.

WHEW!!! I finally got caught up from missing two days on here! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I will be paying my cruise off Wed. WOOHOO! It finally will feel real once its paid for! Especially when I get my credit card bill! Oh well! I found all my clothes that I want...now if I could just find the money to pay for it...hmmm. I want to get my hubby a tux from Disney and have not rented from them before. Does anyone know how to go about this? Well, have a great week! We have a news crew coming in today to show mw doing a ZOOM bleaching! I hate being on tv and have had butterflies all weekend! I'm telling you my DR. does'nt like me every since I told him about the cruise!!! He has been rude to me every since!

Kim

Sandra...about the horses at Randi's. She said they are very calm and she has taken children as small as 3. Go to her website and e-mail her. She is very nice and quick to respond. My dd has been wanting to go, so I will be taking her.

Kim

I'm enjoying everyone's comments about scrapbooking and it makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one behind. I am just finishing Day 2 of the 10 day and I will also bring it to share if I get it finished before May. I don't do too much creative but it all takes time - a precious commodity.

It's been great in California lately - suppose to be 75 again today. Nice change after all that rain. Give the hillsides some time to dry out. It's Martin Luther's Holiday so Ken and Staci are home and Staci actually has tomorrow off too. OK - I'm back to scrapping. Hope to get through Day 4 or 5 today :earboy2:

(Just realized that I'm logged in as Ken. Oh well - just to clarify - Ken doesn't scrap. This is Shari :cool1: )

Lynn said she would be interested in doing the scrap book thing. She thinks it will give here ideas since we do the digital thing now.

Lynn is not feeling well this morning so no shopping trip. Cough and crud, as we call it here. Need to play with the pups today, they are rather demanding at times.

Kim, re: tux PM us if your DH is a size 54 regular.

charwac1 said:
Hello Everyone,

My BF and I will also be on the cruise. We live in San Jose, CA. We will be in room 6092.

If someone could email me the list of excurisions that would be wonderful. The address is anamax@earthlink.net

We have already booked our flights and will be arriving in the evening 2 days before the trip. We decided to go all the way and have booked first class out to Fl. (My first time in first class!!!!) :blush:

This group is wonderful and I am hoping to be a more active particiapant in the upcoming weeks.

Charlene
Holy cow, you're just down the road from us! Welcome Charlene! Glad you found our group. DH and I are also arriving two days before the cruise. Are you flying Southwest out of SJC? That would really be just too funny! You are also just down the hall from us on the ship...we have 6100 and 6102.

Let's all sing it now..."It's a small world after all...."

Jill - re: REAS. DCL will only let you pre-book one dinner at Palo. Brunch, tea, and other dinners can only be pre-booked if you are in a Cat 3 or above, or are part of a group reservation. I was not able to pre-book those, so I still had to do the reservation scramble when we boarded.

Linda did a great job of giving you the overall dining info. We were on the LAP rotation, late seating for the 10-day. I personally prefer late seating as it allows you more time to relax after days in port before having to scramble for dinner. There were four special menus for the 10-day cruise. I expect that DCL will repeat those new menus, plus add another three or so for this cruise.

Scott, count us in for the special snorkel on CC! Looking forward to it!

RE: TAG game. I will take care of getting the Mickey head(s) together. Does everyone want to participate? All it entails is signing it once you get it on your door, then passing it on to another listed member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter