20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also will be getting passports...I think...for some reason it is so hard to get everyone together to even get a stupid pic taken!

I had a good time at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. Kaylin had the best time! It was a unique experience!

Kim

DisneyPinDiva said:
We'd be interested in snorkeling the wreck at CC... never knew it was out there... I have never ventured out beyond the orange balls.....LOL Jaws and all you know....LOL Joe loves to tell the story of how I encountered a hugh ray out there and with foggy mask and poor eyesight thought it was a shark. Yes, a scream does sound very strange thru a snorkel.....
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Trust me, I know exactly what it sounds like! Too funny!

BobandLee said:
...Since we are staying at the Embassey Suites, we will eat there or somewhere close by. Or maybe we won't even make it out of the manager's reception and the open bar there.
Ooooh! Sounds like the perfect place for a DIS meet! :p Think the Embassey Suites folks would notice?!?

Originally Posted by BobandLee
...Since we are staying at the Embassey Suites, we will eat there or somewhere close by. Or maybe we won't even make it out of the manager's reception and the open bar there.

karaeric said:
Ooooh! Sounds like the perfect place for a DIS meet! :p Think the Embassey Suites folks would notice?!?
Ohhh I was thinking the same thing....LOL :rolleyes:

Scott: Wine & Cheese thing sounds great... not sure when we will be there yet, but I'm sure at least a day or so ahead. All depends on Joe's end of semester schedule. :crazy: believe me the earlier the better!

Scott, we would also be interested in a wine & cheese meet at SSR before the cruise. We land at MCO on 5/12 in the evening, around 5:45.

We are always up for wine (and cheese if we have to). You've already seen our schedule. The 12th is already booked (all day at Epcot) with Segways, Dive Quest and dinner in Japan. But maybe Friday afternoon would be a good time. Gives more people a chance to participate.

Ken

karaeric said:
Scott, we would also be interested in a wine & cheese meet at SSR before the cruise. We land at MCO on 5/12 in the evening, around 5:45.

Kara - Where are you staying on the 12th and 13th?

Ken

kpros said:
Kara - Where are you staying on the 12th and 13th?

Ken
We haven't booked a place yet, because my parents haven't set their plans yet. They will be flying in separately and probably early. What they do depends a lot on the health of my Grandmother over the next few months, so where we stay and what we do on Friday is a bit up in the air right now. :jumping3:

Wish my parents were obsesive planners. :flower1: I would feel so much better having locked down the plans. We may go to WDW or we may try to go to Universal. We haven't been in a long time, and if I can find those darned passes that we still have one day left on, it will make the trip a tiny bit less expensive since we have no WDW admissions left, :sad:

Are most of you coming in the day before? Is anyone coming in the day of the cruise? We will be driving to Ocala the day before to get my MIL, then driving to the port the day of. I don't think I am going to arrive so early this time though.

Kim

We are flying in either Wednesday or Thursday, staying with my parents in The Villages (north of Orlando) and they will drive us to PC Saturday morning.

DD wants to spend sometime w/Grandpa & Grandma!

Laurie :wave:

We are flying down on Friday the 13th (flown on Friday the 13th before and lived to tell about it!!). Would love to go down earlier but since we are taking 3 weeks off that's about the longest any of us can be gone from work. We'll be spending most of the week after the cruise in DL/SoCal.

Let's think about a late Fri afternoon to early evening on 5/13. That way we might avoid messing up folks evening plans. We will provide the cheese etc and everone else can byob, that should work. will nail down a head count and a time as we get closer.

Boy oh boy, will Lynn be surprised when I tell her about this on Friday 5/13 at about oh.... let's say 2:30 or maybe 3:00. Tee Hee Tee Hee, That will teach her not to post on these boards.

Boy I bet Shari and Eric are both glad they joined us here - at least if Ken or Kara offer to host a party... they'll have advance warning!

We're flying in on Friday the 13th late afternoon-ish
I'm guessing our crew that includes two teens, a 9 yr old and a 6 yr old is not really what you were looking for as far as the wine and cheese party guest list anyway.
;)

Scott H said:
Let's think about a late Fri afternoon to early evening on 5/13. That way we might avoid messing up folks evening plans. We will provide the cheese etc and everone else can byob, that should work. will nail down a head count and a time as we get closer.

Boy oh boy, will Lynn be surprised when I tell her about this on Friday 5/13 at about oh.... let's say 2:30 or maybe 3:00. Tee Hee Tee Hee, That will teach her not to post on these boards.

Scott

Sounds good - lets make it happen! What do you think - 5:00 or so. Then people could make 7:30 dinner plans. Something like that. I guess the Port Orleans is not to far from the SSR.

Ken

Az Pirates said:
Boy I bet Shari and Eric are both glad they joined us here - at least if Ken or Kara offer to host a party... they'll have advance warning!

We're flying in on Friday the 13th late afternoon-ish
I'm guessing our crew that includes two teens, a 9 yr old and a 6 yr old is not really what you were looking for as far as the wine and cheese party guest list anyway.
;)

Isn't that what TVs and Gameboys are for - to keep the 6 and 9 years olds interested when the parents hit the wine and cheese.

Ken

kpros said:
Scott

Sounds good - lets make it happen! What do you think - 5:00 or so. Then people could make 7:30 dinner plans. Something like that. I guess the Port Orleans is not to far from the SSR.

Ken
Count us in - probably be four adults. My parents are always up for a wine party!! :cool1:

Scott H said:

Count us in... I know we'll be there by 5 on Friday. Of course instead of dinner afterwards I will be doing the frantic last minute packing!!!! Someone please remind me when it gets closer that I DON'T NEED ALL THAT STUFF!!! :earseek:
Esp since we have to schlep it back on a plane this time!!

Friday at 5:00 works, bring the kids, they are also on this trip. It's not just for us big kids, if we get too many folks we will find an area at SSR where we can get together.

That means I can let Lynn know about this at 4:30, just as she asks, "who do you think is going to eat all that cheese and why did you buy so many crackers." I love surprises. :earboy2:

Scott, we should be able to make it and since we're local we can pick stuff up for you at non-Goodings prices...

Okay, just got an update from my TA. She said she called the DCL Excursion Desk yesterday and told them that we had 10 people that would be interested in SCUBA diving at Castaway Cay on the May Repo cruise. They told her that they currently had no plans to add that excursion, but they would make a note of our request on some sheet that goes to the Supervisor. They noted the request under my cabin #.

So, that actually sounds somewhat positive. However I do plan to call back myself in a couple of weeks and reiterate our interest, just to see what kind of reaction I get out of them. I figure they will be releasing excursions sometime in the next 30-40 days if they make good on what they've told others on this board - that excursions will be available by the 90-day mark. We'll see what happens!!

Have a good evening all...I'm heading home to my critters and hubby, :moped: , and trying to avoid the rain :umbrella: :boat: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter