20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is I hate ramen noodles, I can't handle the sodium, but whatever. I need my mud wraps more than anything else!

moocow35 said:
Can't beat the price when they are on sale 10 packs for $1.00!

Robin

We carried the litho carefully, off the boat, into the the car, onto two different air planes and then into the shuttle bus and into the car. It is currently laying flat on the pool table. You can bet I'm going to invest in a mailing tube for May.

Jen, I see another book on the horizon for you guys, "Jeff and Jen's Apollo Beach Ramen Noodle Diet" , I'm seeing a national book tour... this could be big.

Popcorn, peanut butter and those $0.25 little pot pies were our lean money days diet.

We did NYE at the MK one year and it was a zoo, must have been about 12 years ago. In 1993 we made a reservation for the millennium in 1993, got one of the last rooms available. It was at Port Orleans, canceled about a year out because, I knew it would be too nuts. I hope who ever got the room had a good time.

I just got back from the 10-Day Holiday Cruise. My DH kept talking about the DIS Boards but for a variety of reasons, I did not get involved. What a big mistake. He knew so many people before we even got on the ship. People would walk up to us and start talking to him about all sorts of conversations they had prior to the trip. I really felt like I missed out on a lot.

Therefore, I have signed up and am ready to be an active DISer. Some of the really great things that were done on my first DIS experience were buttons were made for everyone as well as t-shirts. My DH said someone out there has a great graphic (something about Kingdom to Kingdom) and that it could be a terrific t-shirt. If this individual would like to take that challenge on, I would be more than willing to help. I will be willing to make a button or some other form of identification for all DISer's. Let me know what the group thinks. :jumping4: :Pinkbounc

Welcome Shari. I will have to have you chat with my DW Lynn during this cruise about your signing up here and how she should do the same. I think she would enjoy the interaction. She works very hard and has little time. Will show her your last post.

Scott H said:
Welcome Shari. I will have to have you chat with my DW Lynn during this cruise about your signing up here and how she should do the same. I think she would enjoy the interaction. She works very hard and has little time. Will show her your last post.

Hey Scott:

I would love to chat with your DW. She doesn't know what she's missing.

Welcome Shari! Glad you decided to join us, this should be the best time ever on this cruise!

I was wondering, how many of you all are staying near/at Disneyland when we get there? Originally I wasn't, due to the crowds, etc..., but now I think I might just stay at least a night or two. Are any of you doing the "Happiest Homecoming on Earth" package? I was pondering that, but is the price really worth it? All the extra's are what intrigues me. DU also has a package, but at the Jolly Roger. I'd love to hear what everyone is doing....

Has anyone heard from Jindy lately? I hope she is okay.

Robin

I haven't heard from Jindy, haven't even seen her online. I'm hoping she's ok, I will send her a PM.

We didn't do the package since we did not need park admission, Jeff's maingates were not blacked out. We're staying at a Best Western about 10 minute walk away supposedly. We thought about staying on site, but the cost isn't worth it to us. There's a shuttle that runs from the hotels to DL in the area if we're to tired to walk.

One night will be reserved for Star Wars if they don't show it on the boat....

Thanks Shari, I will see if I can get her going here. Yesterday was a 14 hour day for her, so her time is limited. I think she would rather I just give her the Readers Digest version.

Robin we will be staying three nights at DL after the cruise, we will be at the GC. I think it will be crowded as it will be a holiday weekend but what the heck, we will be at DL. Start early take a break during the crowded part of the day and hit it again later in the day. No package here so will be checking on line for admission media, have found good deal there in the past.

Jen, your walk to DL should not be that bad, most of the Best Westerns, on Harbor Blv. , are really close. When we have stayed at a BW or HI it has been a lot faster to walk.

I will see what I can do about getting a shuttle van for several of us as we get closer. Splitting the cost will be a better value. Looking at Prime Time Shuttle at this time.

We will be starting SCUBA classes next weekend, most folks seem think they can get certified with a couple of hours in the pool. This will keep us pretty busy before our Bahamas Trip in Feb.

Hope Jindy is just busy with the holidays.

Waiting for Lynn to get home so we can go for a snow shoe with the pups tonight.

Found this deal online for DL admission Media purchases:

Purchase select tickets on Disneyland.com and save on your Disneyland® Resort purchases. Just order your tickets online and you will receive your valuable savings coupon in the mail*. This special offer is good through 12/31/2005, so order your tickets today!

Offer details:

* Savings are 10% off a single purchase of $50 or more (before tax) or 20% off a single purchase of $100 or more (before tax).
* Offer applies to 5-, 4- and 3-Day Park Hopper tickets and Citypass purchases.
* Tickets must be purchased online and sent to Guest via mail.
* Guests who select "Will-call" option will not receive a coupon.

Coupons are valid at the following Disneyland® Resort locations:

* Disneyland® Resort park & pin carts
* Disney's California Adventure™ park & pin carts
* Downtown Disney® District: World of Disney™, Marceline's Confectionery, Downtown Disney® pin cart
* Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort stores: Disney's Grand Californian® Hotel, Disneyland® Hotel, Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel

* Coupons are non-transferable. Coupon may not be combined with any other offer, discount or previous purchase. Coupon is valid for a limited time only and must be surrendered at time of purchase. This coupon may not be copied and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. Coupon has no cash value. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice.

*****Also noticed this caveat reference online purchase of Admission Media:

Park Hopper® tickets purchased online expire 13 days after first use and each day of use of a Park Hopper® Ticket constitutes one full day of use.******

Purchasing online also saved $20 per ticket on the 3-day park hopper.

Jenn, I sent Jindy several Pm's also and email and no word yet. Yes, I hope she has been busy during the Holidays. I hear you about the cost of staying on property. At disneydestinations.com, they are offering a special package including lithograph, pins, lanyard, early entrance to Fantasyland, priority seating in shows at California Adventure, etc... The cost for 3 days, well over $1,000. DU has an option to stay at the Jolly Roger, and has an add on 50th commemorative package. I will email them tomorrow to get the pricing on it.

I grew up in Southern California, was born the same year Disneyland opened, and spent many a great time there! I haven't been back there in about 13 years, so I guess it is time.

Does anyone know if the transfers would take us from the ship to the parks, or only the airport? Hmm.....decisions........

Robin

Hello again everyone,
I'll be staying at the GC with you Scott. We made the arrangements back in April a day or two after we had the cruise secured. We also arranged transportation with DCL then. I don't know what they have planned but they are to get us to the GC from the port. We will be staying there three days leaving on Tuesday. I guess I need to investigate the discounts and coupons that are mentioned.
Bill

If I remember correctly there will be several of us staying at the GC. It is a great property. These cold snowy days give me the time to do the research. Alas work starts early tomorrow.

Lynn just called so we are off for a snowshoe dog walk, this will be a good work out.

We wil be staying for 2 nights after the cruise. Going to stay at Sheraton Anaheim on Starwood points! :Pinkbounc

We only need a 2 day parkhopper, so no real discounts on those :guilty:

Leave on Monday for home.

Have not made our flight reservations yet. Still hoping that Continental will drop their airfare. I check every day, several times.

Welcome Shari!!

And thanks for the pricing info on the internet access. I was hoping there would be a discount... but I should know better than that. :flower:

Debbie

moocow35 said:

Does anyone know if the transfers would take us from the ship to the parks, or only the airport? Hmm.....decisions........

Robin

We would like to know too about the transfers. Will they go to just LAX or Orange County or where? We are going to make plane reservations sometime soon and this will help make our minds up. Probably take ATA out of Indy, but don't know for sure. Depends on times and prices and which airport out of LA.
Just wondering, which airlines everyone are taking?

Bob

[FONT=Walt Disney Script v4.1]
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'may 14, 2005 5:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=5 color=darkred>Lee and Bob`s 14 day Disney Adventure</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'We\\\'re Gone!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

One More is Never Enough!
[/FONT]

Robin we Also Are Staying At The Grand Califorian...
Scott H is going to look into a van in a bit..
But have Decided To Only spend Saturday doing The parks and Have Decided
To Fly out Sunday To Go Visit Friends In Tucson Az.
Until Wednesday, we fly Home on Wed.. Got Air on Southwest
$38 Bucks From lax to Tucson.. and From Tuczon To Manchester Nh.
Is On Them Rapid rewards tickets So $79.00 Buck to Get To Florida On Song out Of Boston.. We are Flying in The Friday night Arrive at 9;30 pm
and Are stayying at the Airport hyatt and Renting A Minivan With 2 other Disers and Driving to the port ...
BRIGHT AND EARLY Saturday Morning ...

Jindy, I have Seen Her online on Aol Sent her an IM Got No Reply

Peter

I emailed DU to get a quote for Disneyland, and I also asked about the transfer situation. I will let you know when I hear...

I am flying Jet Blue, JFK is only a little farther for us, and Long Beach is a wonderful little airport!

We are arriving in Orlando on Friday at 11:45 a.m. and I have rented a car to drive on to Ron Jon's! We will also be at the port very early :blush: I can't wait!

Very strange about Jindy......I wish she would let us know that everything is okay.

Robin

We are staying 3 nights at Paradise Pier... flying back to Orlando on Tuesday.
Forgot who asked... Unlimited Internet on the 10 day was $129. Unlimited Rainforest room was $120. Who knows what they'll want for 14!!
Welcome to the new cruisers... :wizard:

Bob,
We are taking ATA out of Indy. There is a good flight at 4:30 pm on the 13th of May. We are staying at the Hyatt mco. The rate was really good. However, we originally had tickets also back from LAX. This flight was cancelled without any warning and we were scheduled subsequently with a 6:30 am flight. When I called ATA, they were willing to cancel my return flight with refund. I have now scheduled a return with Southwest for Wednesday. In the meantime, I believe that ATA has reinstated another noon return flight for Wed May 31 routing through Midway. The only problem is that I don't trust them. We became Ambassadair members just so we could get the discount on ATA. Now we are down to only one flight with them. I think the arrival at Orlando is about 7:30 Friday the 13th(OH NOOOO).
Now I know I'm in trouble. Let me know if you guys are going on our flight.
Also, what city in Indiana are you in?
Bill
ps. DCL told me that the transfer would definitely take me from the port to the Grand Californian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter