20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOO HOO!! I can't believe how much I miss all of you already. You are an amazing group of DISers who made this trip of a lifetime even more incredible.

We can't just go our separate ways after what we shared and the friendships that we formed. My DH is asking when we'll have a reunion cruise. :flower:

Let me know if you'd like me to rename this thread and keep it going. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks to all of you from the bottom of my heart. Being a Mod/WM isn't always easy. Seeing and being a part of what the DIS is about makes it all worthwhile. You're the best!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Seaulater - sent you a PM

Heading out to Hollywood now - leaving tonight about 11 pm and arrive home in the a.m. -

Spent last evening with 3Dan and his family at CA Adventure and had a great time. Will miss them greatly. But will see then in September on our Member Cruise.

kay

WebmasterRegina said:
BOO HOO!! I can't believe how much I miss all of you already. You are an amazing group of DISers who made this trip of a lifetime even more incredible.

We can't just go our separate ways after what we shared and the friendships that we formed. My DH is asking when we'll have a reunion cruise. :flower:

Let me know if you'd like me to rename this thread and keep it going. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks to all of you from the bottom of my heart. Being a Mod/WM isn't always easy. Seeing and being a part of what the DIS is about makes it all worthwhile. You're the best!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

As far as keeping the thread going, I would vote yes. I also seem to recall pre-cruise posts that incated the same sentiment.
Any name for the thread would be fine.

Also, I vote for a reunion cruise! :cool1:

Hi everyone:

Arrived home safe and sound - storming here in Ft. Lauderdale, but it is OK - good sleeping weather.

I will keep watching the threads and see where everything is being posted.

We made it back safe and sound and all I can say is what an amazing trip! Thank you all for all the wonderful little gifts and surprises. My boys thought it was so much fun to check "the mail".

A big thank you for the lanyards, they were absolutely essential for keeping up my kttw, as I seemed to live in my swimsuit most of the time. They also turned out to be my 7 month olds very favorite teether most of the time.

Thank you so much for the scrapbooking class. I can't believe all the work and expense you went through for us. I really enjoyed that beter than most of the "official" cruise activities. I don't know that I have the patience or creativity to really get into scrapping, but I do plan to at least put one together for this trip.

For those of you who were so nice to my kids, an especially big thank you. I have to say it was a big of a challenge and surprise this time to be around so many people who obviously disliked small children and seemed put out that they were on a disney cruise. Guess that was a small price to pay for having the mickey pool gloriously empty.

Finally, thank you for all the tips and tricks that helped me plan. Advance ressies at Palo and Flounders, the over the door shoe holder (couldn't have lived without it!), shipping things ahead to the port- all info I couldn't have made it through without. I do wish I had listened to the advice about getting a wetsuit for the Pacific. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Can't say it enough, but thank you all. This was the trip of a lifetime!

Now when can we go again????

Hi everyone! I wish I could have met more of you than what I did! For some reason, I just could'nt get it together half of the time! I am at work today feeling very sad! I really miss everything! Thank you to all that left gifts! I think the fish was the highlight of my DD trip! I have a really cute pic of Kaylin and Cammi that I will send! Will write more later when I have more time!

Kimberly

First time at a keyboard since before we left! Just wanted to thank all of you for helping make it a wonderful time!!

Your sailaway gifts were so thoughtful, creative and just plain wonderful and fun!! I got the most use out of the bubble kit!!

It was so cool wondering down the hallways and seeing how everyone had their doors decorated!! Thanks to 3dan for some fun hottubb times and special thanks to bob and lea for going out of your way to be friendly to two who are still earning their disboard ears!!

Thanks for the two scavenger hunts and the scrapbooking! It was so fun!! It was funny how all the non-DISers kept coming up and asking questions about the scrapbooking session, "We didn't see this in the Navigator!"

Kara & I would just like to thank everyone for a wonderful cruise.

We had more than one person come up to us as we were "undressing" our door and ask how they could become part of the family. They all thought that it was the coolest thing to see so many people from all over, come together and make a great cruise even better. :cool1:

Anyway, it was great to meet everyone we wish all of you the best!!

Until next time..... :wave2:

Eric, Kara, John & Jean

Well....back home and back to work :sad2:

Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the Dis'ers who made this voyage extra magical!!! The gifts in the fishxtenders were wonderful :goodvibes

What a wonderful adventure!!!!

Thanks again and :grouphug:

:disrocks:

Well we finally got home yesterday about 4:00 pm and then back to work today.

It truly was a memorable trip we met alot of new friends and some old ones and had a great time.

Our favorite part was coming back to the room and seeing all the great gift items in the fish extension.

Downloaded all the photos we took last night about 1900 total. Alot of really nice shots.

Thanks again for all the great gifts.

Tom and Diana

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Hi friends!

We got home at about 1am this morning and woke up to find that we couldn't go to Topsiders for breakfast... boo hoooooooo! :sad2:

I can't believe that we just spent such an amazing 2 weeks with all of you. I agree with Linda that we need a Disney Doctor. Eric and I are both very sad but very grateful for such an amazing trip. Meeting you all was the most 'magical' part of it for us, :grouphug: and we hope you will take us seriously when we said we want to hear from you when you come to Orlando again. We may not be able to see you every time, but we sure will try! :wave2:

For everyone who gave out the amazing sailaway gifts, especially the fish extenders, thanks so much! :banana:

Well, I guess I'd better get back to the laundry and unpacking... everyone who is still travelling, be safe, and everyone who is home and depressed, remember that this trip has given us experiences we will never forget, so 'reality' will be a little richer for the memories!

Renae :earsgirl:

Regina,

How about Panama repo afterglow? Just a thought, but it makes me think of a great sunset that goes on forever. This cruise will glow in my mind forever as the richest experience of my life, and it almost makes me weepy just to think of all the amazing experiences and friends we made onboard.

thanks for all you do,
Renae

All,

If you want to see what we look like going through the Panama Canal, check out their website. (www.pancanal.com).

Go to their live cameras and you'll see a filmstrip at the bottom of the page with a clip of us going through the Miraflores Locks.

There is also a little story about our first trip through..

Enjoy! :sunny:

Sandra,

So... that was a 'twitch'???? I just about fell out of my chair laughing when he did that! I've seen that act several times and nobody has 'twitched' before! It happened so fast that I didn't get a shot of it, but if anyone has one, I'd love it. I know it's wicked of me to have loved that part, but it made my night... That's a memory for the scrapbook! If you do get the video, that's one to send to America's funniest home videos, though Bob Saget won't be there to play it, lol!

Renae

Renae,

No, Spencer was just indicating 'crazy' with the right hand circle thing around his head (ear). But, when the guy asked Spencer if he had a twitch in his right hand, I thought that was just too funny. We also now call the other 'look to his left' as 'giving the look' Remember that? Glad you enjoyed Spencer's humor. :) He cracks me up everyday.

Still haven't found anyone with a video of the show. Anyone out there?

Sandra

Well we made it home :guilty:

It was a wonderful trip. Words just can not express it. This cruise would not have been what it was for me if it was not for this whole family. How wonderful it was to be able to wave or say "Hi" to someone in the hall that you "knew".

All of the gifts were so thoughtful. If I start naming them I know I will forget one!!

It really makes me feel great and gives me a smile that you all enjoyed the fish extenders. I just loved walking down the hallways and see them hanging there. It looked so naked when they were taken down at the end of the cruise!! :rotfl: There were so many other cruisers that were asking about them that I could have made a bundle!! I also loved overhearing people talk about them, and the stories about them. My favorite has to be the one that said "those were given to people with kids in the kids club" :rotfl: :rotfl2: I guess we are all a bunch of kids!!

Spent a few days at DL and DCA. Saw alot of you there. It was a great way to help with the seperation anxiety. At least it was not cold turkey.

I hope we can all meet again someday.

And keep this thread going!!!!

Debbie

Hi Everyone

I noticed that as the cruise progressed that some on the name badge inserts were looking a little beat-up. If you would like a new insert, just PM me with your address and I will be happy to send you new ones.

Ken

Ohmigosh Ken!! I was just unpacking a few moments ago and noticed that ours were all a bit damaged (mostly the kids') and I was deciding if I had the nerve to contact you and beg for reprints. You are so kind!! :flower: We would love a new set (I will PM you).

I had to take a break from unpacking because I am just too sad. :sad2: I miss all my new friends and I miss the Magic!! We booked for a Double Dip next year ... but that's next year!! :earseek:

A Big Thank You :love: to every one of you who added to the fun and excitement of our cruise. Not just the gifts ... but the gifts were incredibly thoughtful and generous and fun and very much appreciated!! We all loved the nightly surprises in our fish extenders. I especially miss the kindness and friendship of everyone.

Hope to see many of you again ... soon!!

Karen

kpros said:
Hi Everyone

I noticed that as the cruise progressed that some on the name badge inserts were looking a little beat-up. If you would like a new insert, just PM me with your address and I will be happy to send you new ones.

Ken

Mine were definately amongst the beat up ones, as they provided the fiber in Zane's diet for the cruise. I kept them in their chewed up state though- a nice reminder of this baby stage! Thanks again!

Big hello from me too tonight...

Still unpacking and laundering as well. Kids went back to school today... SIGH... Still haven't finished their homework either. :confused3 Where was the time to do it?

Booked for the last western right before dry dock in October. Hope some of you will be there?

Would love to stay in touch as well. Keep trying to get Jeff's website open so I can look at everyone's pictures! :earsgirl:

Kendra

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter