20050430 or... April 30, 2005 cruise, anyone?

mshinrockford said:
I hope you get a birthday surprise UPGRADE! Happy Birthday :cheer2:

LOL...would be nice! Thanks! No UPS truck tonight, its already 710 and he usually comes around 630 if he has anything for us!

We got our documents today! No upgrade but I am so happy we got them. Now I can stop running to the mailbox everyday!

You got yours today?? Aren't they still coming UPS??? First cruise they came Fed ex...second time they came UPS....

We booked through All Seas so ours was delivered by our postman. The other 4 families traveling with us got theirs too but also booked through All Seas.

Maybe yours are taking longer because they are upgrading you! You can always hope! :)

I did a search and saw that someone posted that their documents came UPS and they booked through DU. I would call them just out of curiosity to see how they are shipped.

Last year ours came UPS thorough DU and the year before we booked through Disney and they came Fed Ex. If you book with DU they come directly from Disney, they don't make the stop in between so I am thinking they will be coming UPS. I don't even care if I get a free upgrade, I am just hoping to be able to purchase one at the port! It would be nice to get a free one to 9 and then pay from a 9 to a 5, 6 or 7 ...but I'm fine with it either way! I am going to leave early to get to port early, hopefully I can buy something there if not we stay in an 11.

My parents got their documents today, but we didn't! You would think we would get ours first since we live in Michigan, and they live in rural Montana! The documents came UPS, and alas, no upgrade. Oh well, I think they will enjoy the room they have--they've never cruised before, so it's all an adventure at this point.

Looks like this cruise is sold out!!! I just checked the Disney site and it says that the date is unavailable. Looks like an upgrade at port isn't looking good for those of us that were going to try and get one. Oh, well, I'm just happy to by cruising. Three more weeks... I can't wait. See everyone there...

Gretchen

VA Girl said:
Looks like this cruise is sold out!!! I just checked the Disney site and it says that the date is unavailable. Looks like an upgrade at port isn't looking good for those of us that were going to try and get one. Oh, well, I'm just happy to by cruising. Three more weeks... I can't wait. See everyone there...

Gretchen

well that stinks LOL...oh well...at least I know in advance so I can pysch myself up to being in a cat 11 LOL!

OK...everyone getting excited?? 17 more days until we go!! I have yet to start packing either!! I am going in the hospital tomorrow morning for an in and out one day operation and then hopefully by Thursday I will feel god enough to get up and start sorting through all my stuff! I have the over the door shoe holder out though, won't go without that!!

OK!!! This time next week I will be onboard...gotten my Palo ressies and my Spa ressies, Signed my daughter up at the club, ate lunch and be getting ready for the life boat drill!! Today though we are sitting her at home, pouring rain out..SOccer and Tball cancelled and my daughter has Fifth Disease. I went ot her Dr today and got a note stating she is NOT contagious in case they look at her since she is covered in a rash!

Hmmmm.... Fifths disease is always contagious. I'm surprised your doctor gave you a note. I guess it would depend how long the rash has been present, but kids are contagious even after the rash has shown itself.

My daughter had 5th's disease a few years ago--I recall it being contagious, as well. Maybe after a few days it isn't contagious any more? I hope she feels better soon. I remember my daughters discomfort when she had it.

mshinrockford said:
My daughter had 5th's disease a few years ago--I recall it being contagious, as well. Maybe after a few days it isn't contagious any more? I hope she feels better soon. I remember my daughters discomfort when she had it.

Its contagious the week before the rash breaks out...so you dont even know you are spreading it...once the rash breaks out its no long contagious.

coleland said:
Hmmmm.... Fifths disease is always contagious. I'm surprised your doctor gave you a note. I guess it would depend how long the rash has been present, but kids are contagious even after the rash has shown itself.

''People with fifth disease are contagious during the week prior to the appearance of the rash. By the time the rash is evident, the person is beyond the contagious period. ''
even her school sent around the fact sheet after I told them she had it last week and it said on it that once the rash appears there is no need to keep them out of school since they are not contagious anymore.

mshinrockford said:
By the way--I checked the Disney Cruise site the other day, and they are offering rooms in Cat. 7, 6 and 4 now. Maybe you can still upgrade at the port.

REALLY????/ That is awesome!! I hope I can upgrade..I am getting really nervous about this cat 11 room...I have only had cat 5 and 6's before and I think I made a big mistake cheaping out and booking the 11!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter