2005 Golf Classic

dominia_1979

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to plan my disney honeymoon in October 2005. I hear that the park gets crowded during the Disney Golf Classic. In 2005 it will be October 17-21. Do you think it will still be crowded on Sunday, October 23? Or should I just schedule for the next weekend?

Thanks!

We were there this past Oct during the Classic. THe crowds were horrible. From what I read, I thought Oct was a good time to go, but with the hurricanes, etc I know a lot of people rescheduled. So I dont know if it was due to that or golf. Maybe some of both.

We arrived on 10/23 (Sat) this year and the crowds were manageable. Any increases this past year were attributed to postponements /rescheduling from the hurricanes in Aug/Sep. Not to mention the increased popularity of the Food and Wine Festival. My suggestion would be to stay with that weekend, because the following weekend is Halloween weekend into Monday and then you're looking at the perverbial "Jersey Week", probably the week of 10/31. :boat:

There have been several threads on this topic in the past. To sum it up,
apparently each year the first week of November, NJ has statewide teachers conferences; ergo no school and the masses from NJ flock to Disney. I might
have the specifics wrong but I do know there is a mass exodus from the state
to WDW. You may want to go back and check the threads from late October
and early November. :crazy2:

We usually go for the golf tournament. This year we didn't notice heavier crowds. The weather is usually very nice. I wouldn't delay to the next week because of Halloween.

We took a trip from 10.16 - 10.26 one year. DH had tickets to the golf classic (surprise from me - since we were traveling with *my parents* I thought the *space* would be good for him :) Anyhow, I think the weekend of Halloween would be more crowded than the week before.

I am also from Jersey. The NJEA teacher conventions are a Thurs & Fri in November - usually the first or second week. When the convention coincides with an election day, some schools are closed Tues, Thurs & Fri. YOu can check the dates at this site: www.njea.org I should know what they will be for 2005, because I'm pretty sure that's when my next trip will be (first time for me during "Jersey Week" :) now that my oldest is in elementary school! (Just checked - the 2005 dates are 11.10 & 11.11)

Anyhow, given the choice (and no school aged kids to consider), I would go earlier in October rather than later.

PCFriar80 said:
There have been several threads on this topic in the past. To sum it up,
apparently each year the first week of November, NJ has statewide teachers conferences; ergo no school and the masses from NJ flock to Disney. I might
have the specifics wrong but I do know there is a mass exodus from the state
to WDW. You may want to go back and check the threads from late October
and early November. :crazy2:

Easy there PCFriar ;)

Anyhow, the dates this year for the NJ teacher conventions are 11.10 and 11.11. Just checked, so I don't think you'll get much "Jersey Week" traffic before 11.6...

Hope that helps!

:drinking1 Hey, I was born in Trenton; I wasn't trying to disparage NJ, just trying to capsulate what I've read on these threads in the past! BTW, that's
the first time I have ever used disparage and capsulate in a post! :rockband:

I don't think those dates are right. The tournament always runs Thursday to Sunday with practice on Tuesday and Wednesday before. So that would be Oct 20 to 23 for the tournament itself.

We will be there Oct 15-22. I hope to see some of the practice rounds and the first two days 20th and 21st. We are staying at the Shades of Green, so we will not have to walk far.

You're right DebbieB. The 2005 Golf Classic does run from October 17-23. I messed up on the dates.

Thanks to all who've replied! Anymore info would be helpful!

We have been to the Funai the past two years. I thought the crowds in the parks were very light as compared to a summer crowd. As usual, the MK seemed to have the largest crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter