2005 dodge dakota rant

DaddyDon

<font color=blue>My oldest daughter said i was a h
Yesterday my truck let me down...:confused3 I think something set off my alarm system and shut it off...It would crank up and run for about 2 seconds,start run for 2 seconds and did it a 3rd time then nothing...I mean nothing....So i call my wife thinking my key controller went bad...wife brings the key's nothing!!!! Well im a lil mad it was allready 97 out and suppose to get up to 103...I get in the car with my wife and go home...needed a beer or 2 at this point and take a nap....Well it was a long nap...I get in my wifes car and go back to big red and again nothing but that dang alarm blaring for 3 min..lites flashing and everbody and there brothers looking at you like you are breaking into a car...Well i need a beer now and was going into the store when lee county's finest rolls up(yes the sherrif does pull up sometimes) So here i am with 2 set's of key's nothing working except the god bless america alarm hood up tool box open Barnry Fife looking inside sweat pouring down cracks in places i dont need to explain..Barney tell's me i might need to get Goober to look at it at the dodge dealership....You think?????
I put my key back in ...and wham ...It starts....:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3...Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this?????

do you have remotes for it? does it have the evs(forgot real name) alarm from factory(add-on mopar). the key one is a sentry key immobilizer, doesnt have anything to do with the alarm,just shuts off the computer if the transponder senses wrong key. how did it start? what ive run into with mopars, is the key switch on the doors goes bad and trips the alarm. but with out actually seeing the vehicle, i can only speculate.

Yes i have the remotes and yes it was factory alarm...I have no idea how it started..i turn on the key and wham she fires up...Do you think maybe my batteries may be going bad in remotes??? But it would not work with either set of key's??? Thanks for the reply!

do you have remotes for it? does it have the evs(forgot real name) alarm from factory(add-on mopar). the key one is a sentry key immobilizer, doesnt have anything to do with the alarm,just shuts off the computer if the transponder senses wrong key. how did it start? what ive run into with mopars, is the key switch on the doors goes bad and trips the alarm. but with out actually seeing the vehicle, i can only speculate.

I going to go with a previous poster and guess you have a door sensor going bad. We experienced the problem with an older Grand Cherokee. If you opened the driver's side door before deactivating the alarm with the fob or unlocking the other door it would set the alarm off and would let you start. You'd have to close everything up, lock it to rearm the system then unlock with the fob or one of the working door locks.

I would have been driving one to if the Ford dealership would have made a deal...and would have treated me with more respect....Oh yea they called me a week later and wanted to make a deal...too late buddy...my money went to dodge...

That's why I have an F150. Sorry. The devil made me do it.

We have a 2002 Dodge Van.. Did something like you are explaining. One day the wife went to start it and nothing... I had "my guys" come out to look at it and see if they could fix it (I was at work). They got it to start once or twice but it would die right out again. So they towed it back to their shop where "my guys" guys looked at it for a day and they couldn't find what was wrong they couldnt even get the computer to read anything and when the car would start they had no time to get a reading as it would shut back down... SO we towed it to Dodge... 2 1/2 weeks later and a ton of cash and they found the problem.. ECM (electronic control module). Now I did some homework before going back to get it and found it is covered under the 7/100000 warranty!!! Shhhhooo that woulda hurt the pocketbook!
SOOO the moral of the story is my brother in blue Barney was right!! Take it to goober at Dodge...
I did a lot of internet searching on this and it is a big issue with some dodges!! I WON'T BUY ANOTHER!
Good luck

Thank you Roger! for the heads up on the ECM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter